Likely coaching carousel

dennehy

Liked Posts:
As every year, it will be interesting to see how the coaching carousel will wind up, moreso given the obvious need for a new coach here. Here are the teams that will likely need a new coach and a stab at who might take over. Please feel free to add your own.

Cleveland Browns: A total dumpster fire, obviously, and they look ready to fire Hue Jackson, whom I thought was a good pick. Who wants to go there?

My pick: Jim Bob Cooter. This is a guy whose name has cooled off a bit. Cool enough so he might agree to jump into the dumpster fire, given he gets his choice of rookie QB to groom.

Cincinnati Bengals: As a recent resident of Cincinnati I got to know this organization pretty well. They are as conservative as it gets in the NFL, as demonstrated by their unending loyalty to Marv Lewis, who has been totally mediocre for years. Zero playoff wins in a decade there. He finally gets canned after another embarrassment against the Steelers.

My pick: Pat Shurmur. It was tempting to put Hue Jackson back there, given he knows that organization well and is well liked in Cincinnati, but the stink of Browns is just too fresh. Shurmur is a conservative choice, a vet who actually had relative success with the Browns and is tearing it up this year with a back up QB.

NY Giants: The only team to actually fire their HC thus far, this was perhaps the biggest clownshow in the league this and a total embarrassment to a proud organization. They will be looking for a new QB and thus will likely go with a offensive mind as in vogue these days.

My pick: Matt Lefleur. Young, creative and talented, Lafleur fits the bill for the Mara family and their new QB.

Indianapolis Colts: Pagano is probably is as likely to get fired as is Fox. He's of the old regime and just never quite accomplished what he was expected to (although more a GM issue imo).

My pick: Matt Nagy. The obvious call given his tied to new GM Chris Ballard. The biggest question is: will GatorLandMike predict it?

And finally . . .

Chicago Bears: You can probably already guess it, and it needs no reasoning.

My pick: John Defilippo. Pace has to make a bold move here, and he has to kind of go out on a limb the way he did with Trubisky. Defilippo is another young, creative offensive mind that can help Trubisky grow and a savvy play caller who can provide a schematic advantage.
Defensive coordinator: Mike Pettine, Defilippo's old boss from Cleveland.
OC: ???

I don't think anyone else gets canned. Dirk Koetter has been disappointing but he gets one more year to figure out Winston. Elway might demand some additional lower level changes but I think he understands that his lack of QB has put Joseph in a bind. Todd Bowles has done more with less than perhaps any coach this year.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think there is a good chance Jason Garrett will be fired by the Cowboys. Seems like a hire that the Bears would be all over.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My current wish list for the Bears (subject to change)

David Shaw
Harbaugh
Shurmur

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think Shaw or Harbaugh will leave college. I like Shurmur.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How about Hue Jackson as OC after he gets canned?

He has been a pretty successful coach besides his HC stint

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How about Hue Jackson as OC after he gets canned?

He has been a pretty successful coach besides his HC stint

Not sure he's connected to Defilippo in any way. Also strong ties to Cincinnati and would be more likely to work with Minnesota if they lose Shurmur (relationship with Zimmer).

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Tampa is a very bad organization, so firing Koetter wouldn't surprise me.

Gresher

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im thinking

Headcoach - Adipost with all his in depth analysis and all

DC - Omlette cause he's just old, ornery and downright MEAN

OC - just pick the most offensive one on here

GM - go with Windy

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So we are saying the McDaniels does not get a HC position?

Sorry but I think he will be #1 candidate on everyone of those teams, including the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So we are saying the McDaniels does not get a HC position?

Sorry but I think he will be #1 candidate on everyone of those teams, including the Bears.

I think some teams won't even give him a look because a. his total douchebag meltdown in Denver and b. he is rumored to want full control (I think?).

NYG already have and Cleveland is likely to oust their GM. Indy no and Bears are unlikely. Bengals won't either but they have an unconventional front office structure. I can't imagine them bringing in McDaniel though.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think some teams won't even give him a look because a. his total douchebag meltdown in Denver and b. he is rumored to want full control (I think?).

NYG already have and Cleveland is likely to oust their GM. Indy no and Bears are unlikely. Bengals won't either but they have an unconventional front office structure. I can't imagine them bringing in McDaniel though.

Yeah if that is true, and Pace is still here, then I guess it is a mute point. I still think he will be the next "Great" HC to lead his teams to the playoffs every year and multiple SBs.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Yeah if that is true, and Pace is still here, then I guess it is a mute point. I still think he will be the next "Great" HC to lead his teams to the playoffs every year and multiple SBs.

mcdaniels will likely be waiting for the pats job when bb and brady ride off into the sunset.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How real are the reports that Harbaugh will want control of - or at least have his own GM?

Seems any coach would at least look into roster history and be willing to meet with an existing GB to get hear his own take on it to determine if a team's worth consideration.

---------------

I'm against Josh McDaniels because he not only was way off about the talent of Tebow, but was arrogant enough to force that pick and had his team reach way too high for him. Can't see that gelling with Pace in the very least, nor do I want that kind of decision making leading the Bears. He could be a great OC, but not a HC. Something about him also screams overcompensating angry little man...not sure why...just does. For all these reasons, no thanks.

Don't know much about the other guys, but appreciate this thread.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Mcdaniels took his name out of the running for jobs last year. He may not want to leave the pats, or he is just waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'm calling it right now, Chuck Pagano will be the next Bears head coach.