Line-up ideas

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Strome down I was wondering where we are these days?

Suggestion

Cat-Toews-Q2
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Nylander-Kampf-Sikura (play minimal 4th line minutes)
Highmore-Carp-Smith

Too bad Saarela and Holm have no composure as surely they are needed with new injuries to Strome/Gilbert.

It'll take a miracle to beat Nashville. You got me as to how they won 7 of 10 games in this league with that team. I count only 5 quality fwds currently. (cat-toews-Kubalik-Kane-carp).

Then the defense. If it were Delia and Lahtonen we would have a far worse record than Detroit.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Strome down I was wondering where we are these days?

Suggestion

Cat-Toews-Q2
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Nylander-Kampf-Sikura (play minimal 4th line minutes)
Highmore-Carp-Smith

iu

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well I can tell you with Strome out, if Saad/Jewel isn't back we are out of sticks and glue.

Every line is now compromised or barron. Good thing Stan and JC got us 25/26 deep before the season.

lol

I mean...Highmore/Quennville/Sikura/Nylander are technically "NHL ready," but I never imagined seeing them all play at once. We got problems.

The defensive depth is actually better quality with Koekoek/Gilbert doing some hard work and Boqvist demanding attention and chipping in on offense. I thought Phillip Holm showed a ton of depth, and of course Joker and Dahlstrom were lost before the season even started. Saarela would be starting with Kane or Toews now, the fucking idiot is in the AHL for the Panthers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our other option would be to spread out I guess. I hear ya...its ugly...but each line needs to survive and the third above...yikes.

Cat/Kubalik-Toews-Nylander/Quennville/Highmore
Kubalik/Cat-Kampf/Dach-Kane (might be worth a look, to give Dach face-off help
Sikura/Nylander/Highmore-Kampf/Dach-Smith/Carp
Smith/Carp + 2 of Sikura/Nylander/Higmore/Quennville

This is the best line-up I can see. I think it becomes optimized when Dach is paired with face-off help and muscle so he can be a tweener and not expected to be muscle. Its nice when he has Carp or smith

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...juggling Quennville/Highmore/Sikura/Nylander is beyond my pay grade and I lack stat and info factors available to JC.

Given that Dach is best with either Carp or Smith, push him down to third line center. That free's up Carp to hold down the 4th. The Cat/Kubalik decision is the hardest. I typically default to one non-physical player per line. Kuba has earned some Kane time, imo, Cat is paid and needs to feed himself a bit to get through this period.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best I can do...

Cat-Toews-?
Kuba-Kampf-Kane (this is the Saad line with an upgrade...worth a look and Kampf goes to hard areas. Kuba feeds on his speed and chaos)
?-Dach-Smith/Carp
?-Smith/Carp-?

The third line is hearty and versatile so hide Sikura there.

Cat-Toews-Highmore/Q2
Kuba-Kampf-Kane
Sikura-Dach-Smith
Highmore/Q2-Carp-Nylander

If anybody can improve on my work have at it. Its a maddening problem. Highmore does ok at face-offs...so JC might want to flip him with Smith there...

I'd be fine flipping Nylander for Wedin and playing some defense in that spot. You can also hide Cat with Kane instead of two bigs...

Kuba-Toews-Sikura/Q2
Cat-Dach-Kane
Nylander-Kampf-Highmore
Q2/Sikura-Carp-Smith

That final one is pretty standard. Might be the most common sense.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
they need a jolt, hoping Kursashev gets a call up. Carp seemed to work well with Kane, still dont know why they took the cat away from Kane, seems like a pissing contest and Kane is the one who seems contempt with JC. Dach is just not ready to center a line from the dot. he will need to be matched with Smith or Kampf

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so

Cat-Toews-Highmore/Q2
Kuba-Kampf-Kane
Sikura-Dach-Smith
Highmore/Q2-Carp-Nylander

with possibly Kurashev getting the call-up and you can move one of Q2/Highmore/Sikura/Nylander out.

Any timetable on Saad or Jewels? What a mess.

I'm for firing Stan if he won't make a coaching change with the elite guys that are available in Babcock/Crawford/Leavolette

That doesn't happen every day, there is a new franchise out there and other firings coming soon. Jump on it or get the fuck out of here. JC is garbage and likely delusional to boot like most of his generation.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curious why people think Carpenter is anything more than a filler piece. He's played 43 games, scored a massive 2 goals and is a -6. Not sure why he even has an NHL job. He should be launched and get some kid up here from Rockford.....maybe Hagel who looked ok in the preseason.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious why people think Carpenter is anything more than a filler piece. He's played 43 games, scored a massive 2 goals and is a -6. Not sure why he even has an NHL job. He should be launched and get some kid up here from Rockford.....maybe Hagel who looked ok in the preseason.

He's good on the PK and a decent 3rd/4th liner, but has no business in the top 6.
Basically just filler. Who said he was more than that (besides JC)?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah thats not fair to him or what Carp has done for the Hawks this year at all.

His -6 is with PK duty no? He gets little PP time, so I would ask what is his 5v5 plus/minus? He wins half his faceoffs, is one of our only players with consistent grit who can back it up in a board fight, and while I agree he has no business in the top 9, its either him or Smith that need to flank Dach and win some faceoffs for the third line, as well as add a backbone until Dach grows one, and I mean "grows."

Surely Kurashev will get the call. I wouldn't mind to see Entwhystle either as opposed to the little bitches we are trying to plug holes with.

I look forward to seeing what Kurashev's speed and skating do for us...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah thats not fair to him or what Carp has done for the Hawks this year at all.

His -6 is with PK duty no? He gets little PP time, so I would ask what is his 5v5 plus/minus? He wins half his faceoffs, is one of our only players with consistent grit who can back it up in a board fight, and while I agree he has no business in the top 9, its either him or Smith that need to flank Dach and win some faceoffs for the third line, as well as add a backbone until Dach grows one, and I mean "grows."

Surely Kurashev will get the call. I wouldn't mind to see Entwhystle either as opposed to the little bitches we are trying to plug holes with.

I look forward to seeing what Kurashev's speed and skating do for us...

"A player is awarded a "plus" each time he is on the ice when his Club scores an even-strength or shorthanded goal. He receives a "minus" if he is on the ice for an even-strength or shorthanded goal scored by the opposing Club. The difference in these numbers is considered the player's "plus-minus" statistic."

The Carp is a dime a dozen, ham n egger.....

I don't see any Icehog games, so I can only go by what I saw in preseason.....don't remember Kurashev. I do remember Hagel.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"A player is awarded a "plus" each time he is on the ice when his Club scores an even-strength or shorthanded goal. He receives a "minus" if he is on the ice for an even-strength or shorthanded goal scored by the opposing Club. The difference in these numbers is considered the player's "plus-minus" statistic."

I don't see any Icehog games, so I can only go by what I saw in preseason.....don't remember Kurashev. I do remember Hagel.

He's been asked to play all over the place, asked to flip the ice from defense to offense, asked to expend his energy on PK, has blocked shots, fought for the guys, and consistently shown up.

I wish we had 2 more like him. He has been one of the few bright surprises this year for me but I respect your experience and opinion with it.

I just felt when he had Jewels and Smith with him they were dominating their responsibilities. Give him an 18 year old and an AHL player and you get to -6.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Agreed, and you can add Zack Smith to that list. I really don't see what Smith brings to the table -- and I'm not saying that based solely on his two terrible penalties last night; I've been saying it for a while, and have been critical of that trade (AA) the minute Blowman made it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, and you can add Zack Smith to that list. I really don't see what Smith brings to the table -- and I'm not saying that based solely on his two terrible penalties last night; I've been saying it for a while, and have been critical of that trade (AA) the minute Blowman made it.

Just another dumbass move by the Hawk's dueschbag of a GM.....I just saw that they gave Carpenter a 3 yr deal before the season. They're calling it cap friendly.....grrreatttt. A mil a year to a forward that has 18 lifetime goals.....how in the hell is Bowman still employed?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just another dumbass move by the Hawk's dueschbag of a GM.....I just saw that they gave Carpenter a 3 yr deal before the season. They're calling it cap friendly.....grrreatttt. A mil a year to a forward that has 18 lifetime goals.....how in the hell is Bowman still employed?
its looking like a great deal and I'm sure the Hawks are elated with it and his play, but carry on.

I'm going to temper my excitement about him, but also hold opinion until the 4th line is supported with more typical depth and consistency of line-up. He hasn't had a chance to settle in but I've for sure respected what I have seen of his play.

Smith on the other hand has been a disappointment. Slow, frankensteinish, injuried, and far less of a passer than advertised.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we should also temper +/- across the board for a team running JC's fucktard system that struggles to achieve 20 shots per game, if you even count half of those from the blue line that look more like a dump and chase, panick and get 5 men back.

Fucking pathetic style of hockey I am embarrassed to watch most nights. Its been much better since they ignored him on offense, I'd ignore him on defense too.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Yeah, 3 years too long for him; although it is just a million so I don't have too much problem with it. I'm surprised Bowman didn't give him a NMC like he does with every other player (i.e. Chris fucking Kunitz).