Lions hired a meatball

Toast88

Liked Posts:
We shouldn't be bragging lmao

As bad as the Bears are, they're nowhere near the institutional incompetence of the Lions, and that's really saying something. The Bears are the tallest midget of the non-Packers NFC North teams!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As bad as the Bears are, they're nowhere near the institutional incompetence of the Lions, and that's really saying something. The Bears are the tallest midget of the non-Packers NFC North teams!

News flash Spanky, the Bears are trying awfully dam hard to match the Lions incompetence, and over the last ten years they actually have..........

Congrats!!,

Toast88

Liked Posts:
News flash Spanky, the Bears are trying awfully dam hard to match the Lions incompetence, and over the last ten years they actually have..........

Congrats!!,

Maybe it’s just because I have a good friend who’s a Lions fan, but you guys have no idea what it’s like to go 3 decades without a playoff win and what that does to a fan.

This is not me defending the Bears organization. It’s horrible. I was the one who created the thread asking if they’re in the worst current position of any franchise in the NFL because of the lack of light at the end of the tunnel.

But this started because someone took issue with me saying the Lions are the doormat of the NFC North.

I’m sorry, guys. The Bears organization is not close to the doormat status of the Lions. The Bears have had multiple playoff wins, two conference title games and a Super Bowl appearance in the last 14 years, while another team in their division doesn’t have one of those in the last 25.

As I acknowledged, that makes the Bears among the tallest midgets, and I’m not defending the Bears organization. But it’s dumb as shit to have any issue with what I said. It’s 100 percent correct.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it’s just because I have a good friend who’s a Lions fan, but you guys have no idea what it’s like to go 3 decades without a playoff win and what that does to a fan.

This is not me defending the Bears organization. It’s horrible. I was the one who created the thread asking if they’re in the worst current position of any franchise in the NFL because of the lack of light at the end of the tunnel.

But this started because someone took issue with me saying the Lions are the doormat of the NFC North.

I’m sorry, guys. The Bears organization is not close to the doormat status of the Lions. The Bears have had multiple playoff wins, two conference title games and a Super Bowl appearance in the last 14 years, while another team in their division doesn’t have one of those in the last 25.

As I acknowledged, that makes the Bears among the tallest midgets, and I’m not defending the Bears organization. But it’s dumb as shit to have any issue with what I said. It’s 100 percent correct.

And next year your post will read "in the last 15 years", and the following year it will read "in the last 16 years". You keep pushing that line in the sand back further every year to make your point. All it will take for the Lions to destroy that argument is one statistical abnormality like the Bears had in 2018, when everyone (except Bears fans) knew that team had very little chance in the playoffs because they were crippled by an inept offense. Subsequently they got bounced from the playoffs by WC team.

Over the last 10 years, the two teams have been nearly identical. I have proven this time and time again.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And next year your post will read "in the last 15 years", and the following year it will read "in the last 16 years". You keep pushing that line in the sand back further every year to make your point. All it will take for the Lions to destroy that argument is one statistical abnormality like the Bears had in 2018, when everyone (except Bears fans) knew that team had very little chance in the playoffs because they were crippled by an inept offense. Subsequently they got bounced from the playoffs by WC team.

Over the last 10 years, the two teams have been nearly identical. I have proven this time and time again.
I’d be curious to know how you proved that.

I get your point, but you’re still wrong if you think the Bears are just as bad as the Lions, either historically or recently.

That and 5 bucks gets me a cup of coffee, I get it. It’s still true.

Let’s take a look:

The Lions have been last for three straight years, with three straight losing seasons, while the Bears have three straight non-losing seasons.

Wanna go back 10 years instead of 3 years? Bears still have a better record and fewer last place finishes.

Wanna go back 25 years? Lions with zero playoff victories. Bears with several, including 2 conference title games and a Super Bowl appearance.

Wanna go back even further? You get the idea.

That’s not good enough for the Bears, I get it. No one is defending the Bears. But the Lions are an institutional failure even worse than the Bears, and I don’t even know how it’s debatable.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d be curious to know how you proved that.

I get your point, but you’re still wrong if you think the Bears are just as bad as the Lions, either historically or recently.

That and 5 bucks gets me a cup of coffee, I get it. It’s still true.

Let’s take a look:

The Lions have been last for three straight years, with three straight losing seasons, while the Bears have three straight non-losing seasons.

Wanna go back 10 years instead of 3 years? Bears still have a better record and fewer last place finishes.

Wanna go back 25 years? Lions with zero playoff victories. Bears with several, including 2 conference title games and a Super Bowl appearance.

Wanna go back even further? You get the idea.

That’s not good enough for the Bears, I get it. No one is defending the Bears. But the Lions are an institutional failure even worse than the Bears, and I don’t even know how it’s debatable.

And meanwhile, the Bears have had 4 last place finish's in a row in that time frame, been to one fewer playoff appearances, and both have zero playoff wins.

Head to head they are dead even.

Total wins vs loss's I think the Bears have the edge by a whopping sum of 2 games. ( One horribly bad call on CJ in the endzone, or a dropped pass by a rookie RB makes this a dead heat and would give the edge to the Lions in Head to head).

As a matter of fact, you have to go back to the 60's to find any significant statistical dominance.

During the last 10 years, both the Lions and the Bears have finished last in the North 4 times
The Vikings have finished last 3 times, The Packers 0.

The Bears remain the only team to have finished last 4 consecutive years.

Your argument fails, badly.

Last edited:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
"This shit again? I'm out." - Stafford

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's worse Bears or Lions? answer-- who gives a shit, suckage is suckage on both sides of the coin

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The truth is, no one here knows whether Dan Campbell will be good for the Lions or not. Only time will tell.

That said, this team has been dysfunctional from the top down for a long time, so he has an uphill battle on his hands. "Changing the culture" is easier said than done. We shall see.

Getting Brad Holmes on board was a major win for them. @nc0gnet0

Trading Stafford and starting over in a QB heavy draft gives them a lot of oppurtunity to get off on the right foot. They made a massive mistake last year taking Okudah over Derrick Brown, who will be one of the best interior DL players in the NFL next year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting Brad Holmes on board was a major win for them. @nc0gnet0

Trading Stafford and starting over in a QB heavy draft gives them a lot of oppurtunity to get off on the right foot. They made a massive mistake last year taking Okudah over Derrick Brown, who will be one of the best interior DL players in the NFL next year.

That remains to be seen. CB is the hardest position in sports for a rookie, and it sure didn't help Okudah having zero offseason. All the reports I have seen on him is that he has a tremendous work effort and loves to study the game. DL players almost always have a better chance of making an immediate impact. I remember a few rough years for Slay, and Fuller.

Time will tell.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Sunday, Campbell made a guest appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast on which he shared an idea that he actually presented to Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp about having a pet lion around the team's practice facility.

"I don't think we're going to be able to do it, but I would love to literally just have a pet lion. Just a legit pet lion on a chain, a big ass chain, and he really is my pet," Campbell said on the podcast. "We just walk around the building, we go out to practice, we're at seven-on-seven, we're behind the kicker when he's kicking. There we are."

Campbell further imagined that the lion would be "on command." Campbell joked that if a position group wasn't performing well, he could have the lion relieve itself in front of the group.

"I mean, think about it," he said. "That would be outstanding."

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
And meanwhile, the Bears have had 4 last place finish's in a row in that time frame, been to one fewer playoff appearances, and both have zero playoff wins.

Head to head they are dead even.

Total wins vs loss's I think the Bears have the edge by a whopping sum of 2 games. ( One horribly bad call on CJ in the endzone, or a dropped pass by a rookie RB makes this a dead heat and would give the edge to the Lions in Head to head).

As a matter of fact, you have to go back to the 60's to find any significant statistical dominance.

During the last 10 years, both the Lions and the Bears have finished last in the North 4 times
The Vikings have finished last 3 times, The Packers 0.

The Bears remain the only team to have finished last 4 consecutive years.

Your argument fails, badly.

The Lions are so bad, their fans have to go to a bears message board to talk football.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
On Sunday, Campbell made a guest appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast on which he shared an idea that he actually presented to Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp about having a pet lion around the team's practice facility.

"I don't think we're going to be able to do it, but I would love to literally just have a pet lion. Just a legit pet lion on a chain, a big ass chain, and he really is my pet," Campbell said on the podcast. "We just walk around the building, we go out to practice, we're at seven-on-seven, we're behind the kicker when he's kicking. There we are."

Campbell further imagined that the lion would be "on command." Campbell joked that if a position group wasn't performing well, he could have the lion relieve itself in front of the group.

"I mean, think about it," he said. "That would be outstanding."
Lol is this guy a caricature? I can't imagine him lasting long