Lions Loss was the Dagger, Time to Move on to 2023

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, the Bears were well alive in the playoff hunt before today's loss to the Lions. Contrary to what some boneheaded posters said about draft positioning, losses to the Commanders, Giants, Lions, etc were devastating to our playoff chances. Those games actually had meaning for the present. Despite many rejoicing when we lost, winning just 2 of those games would put us at 5-5, and put us around 30-50% chance of making the playoffs with upcoming matches against the Falcons and Jets.

But I digress. According to this site, we now have around 1% chance of making the playoffs. Our season officially has no meaning from a postseason perspective.

So, now is the time to officially move on from 2022 and start looking ahead to 2023 and the offseason..doing so before now would have been malpractice, but now is warranted..

I propose:

1. Cut ESB and Dante Pettis - they are taking snaps from younger guys and aren't really doing much as it is.

2. Activate Velus Jones and Nkeal Harry - give VJJ the end around and see if Justin builds a connection with either guy. ESB and Pettis have run their course. No connection.

3. Make offense more pass friendly - F*** controlling the clock or shortening the game. That doesn't matter any more. We know we can run effectively. Now try and build the passing game. Get Claypool at least 5 targets a game. See what we have in our other guys. That doesn't mean abandoning the run. Just do it a little less.

4. Put VJJ back on punt/kick returns - let the guy build up some confidence again. Who cares if he fumbles? We are used to the defense giving up endless points anyways.

5. Defensive Youth Movement - all we can do is just keep giving our young guys opportunities. No thankyou to AJ Klein or Joe Thomas getting playing time. Let's see Sterling Weatherford at LB.

6. Try some tempo and lengthen the game. - Again, there is no need to shorten the game anymore. Let's see if some more tempo opens up more passing lanes. Justin already has defenses huffing and puffing trying to catch him. Why not try and capitalize on this by speeding up the playcall?

NOTE: I did not say anything about now purposely losing. I do not believe in doing that. You still try and win, but there are higher objectives to accomplish in the game now. You are more so in evaluation mode and making winning plays is still a good thing.

What say you?

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Believe it or not, the Bears were well alive in the playoff hunt before today's loss to the Lions. Contrary to what some boneheaded posters said about draft positioning, losses to the Commanders, Giants, Lions, etc were devastating to our playoff chances. Those games actually had meaning for the present. Despite many rejoicing when we lost, winning just 2 of those games would put us at 5-5, and put us around 30-50% chance of making the playoffs with upcoming matches against the Falcons and Jets.

But I digress. According to this site, we now have around 1% chance of making the playoffs. Our season officially has no meaning from a postseason perspective.

So, now is the time to officially move on from 2022 and start looking ahead to 2023 and the offseason..doing so before now would have been malpractice, but now is warranted..

I propose:

1. Cut ESB and Dante Pettis - they are taking snaps from younger guys and aren't really doing much as it is.

2. Activate Velus Jones and Nkeal Harry - give VJJ the end around and see if Justin builds a connection with either guy. ESB and Pettis have run their course. No connection.

3. Make offense more pass friendly - F*** controlling the clock or shortening the game. That doesn't matter any more. We know we can run effectively. Now try and build the passing game. Get Claypool at least 5 targets a game. See what we have in our other guys. That doesn't mean abandoning the run. Just do it a little less.

4. Put VJJ back on punt/kick returns - let the guy build up some confidence again. Who cares if he fumbles? We are used to the defense giving up endless points anyways.

5. Defensive Youth Movement - all we can do is just keep giving our young guys opportunities. No thankyou to AJ Klein or Joe Thomas getting playing time. Let's see Sterling Weatherford at LB.

6. Try some tempo and lengthen the game. - Again, there is no need to shorten the game anymore. Let's see if some more tempo opens up more passing lanes. Justin already has defenses huffing and puffing trying to catch him. Why not try and capitalize on this by speeding up the playcall?

NOTE: I did not say anything about now purposely losing. I do not believe in doing that. You still try and win, but there are higher objectives to accomplish in the game now. You are more so in evaluation mode and making winning plays is still a good thing.

What say you?

What a terrible plan man.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
you're fucking intolerable.

I'm just getting that point of emphasis out of the way. also, not reading your bullshit novel. build a bridge and get over it you cake ass cunt.
Not surprised. You dont like to critically think or try and have well thought out discussions. You just want to take quick jabs and troll post. Sorry bud

mecha

Liked Posts:
You really thought this team was making the playoffs before today?? How????
mental retardation

I want to know how the CCS collective go from "omg worst receiving core[sic] ever!" "worst Oline ever!" in the offseason to Fields making shit happen along with Montgomery/Herbert and they're scoring over 30 points a game to "omg why won't the Bears win??" when they have no receivers, no offensive line, and a defense that collapses and gives games back to the other team... yeah man, that Justin Fields is a shitty quarterback cause he didn't throw for 385 yards.

you're stupid cunts if you thought this team had even a remote outside chance of making the playoffs. fuck yourselves.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You really thought this team was making the playoffs before today?? How????
I never thought they would actially make the playoffs, but that is why you play the games. The only reason they have meaning is because only one team wins the super bowl and only so many teams make the dance to get there.

Why even suit up? Why even watch? If there is nothing on the line and no pressure to win, its just a meaningless exhibition. These players are shoeing up just to develop and get some moral victories

mecha

Liked Posts:
THEY'RE A FUCKING REBUILDING TEAM. did you catch the part where they're dealing players for draft picks? they neutered their own defense and they're still holding in games. because they're going to get like 3-4 players next year now.

rebuilding teams don't make the playoffs and they don't win playoff games. they don't make it to the Super Bowl.

you sound like a fucking angry 10 year old child cause your team isn't winning. there's other shit to be mad about. your NFL team isn't one of them.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading where OP openly admitted he thought this team had a shot at the playoffs

LMAAAAOOOO
The Chicago Bears do play in the NFL and like every other team, they have a mathematical chance to make the playoffs until they are officially eliminated.

And yes, I thought they would have beaten teams like the Commanders and Lions and still be in good position to get a WC spot. Easiest schedule in years. It would be a shame to think we were ever that bad of a team.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I never thought they would actially make the playoffs, but that is why you play the games. The only reason they have meaning is because only one team wins the super bowl and only so many teams make the dance to get there.

Why even suit up? Why even watch? If there is nothing on the line and no pressure to win, its just a meaningless exhibition. These players are shoeing up just to develop and get some moral victories

I could use a moral victory.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

I watch the Bears because of Justin Fields and him doing something insane every week. I want high scoring games that the Bears lose. Then I want them to get a top 3 pick and trade with some QB desperate team and make out like bandits with a bunch of draft picks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The commanders, giants, lions, etc. losses hurt our chances for the playoffs?

Thanks
Yes, I know it sounds simple, but you really have to explain this to half this board who was cheering fir Bears to lose those games for draft positioning.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bears do play in the NFL and like every other team, they have a mathematical chance to make the playoffs until they are officially eliminated.

And yes, I thought they would have beaten teams like the Commanders and Lions and still be in good position to get a WC spot. Easiest schedule in years. It would be a shame to think we were ever that bad of a team.
This is going to wind up being one of the tougher schedules they've played in a while.

It was, I think, the 4th or 5th hardest coming into this week, and they have 4 teams left on their schedule (of 7 games total) who have a combined 28-7 record.

Edit: second hardest schedule right now, and the teams they have the rest of the way are 40-25.

Likely the hardest schedule in the league or very close to it.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
Yes, I know it sounds simple, but you really have to explain this to half this board who was cheering fir Bears to lose those games for draft positioning.
you're part of the half of the board that need the concept explained. about 47 times.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I watch the Bears because of Justin Fields and him doing something insane every week. I want high scoring games that the Bears lose. Then I want them to get a top 3 pick and trade with some QB desperate team and make out like bandits with a bunch of draft picks.
And I'd rather not be so bad of a team we pick in the top 3. Look at teams who pick top 5. How many are true playoff contenders today? It's tge sane teams that pick up there.