lol gamblers really buying into the lions hype!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
or bad decisions like this?

Pressure happens when you hold the ball too damn long.

Last edited:

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
or bad decisions like this?

Pressure happens when you hold the ball too damn long.
Did ever occurred to you that no one was open?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So JF had 15 turnover worthy throws on just 318 attempts?
Goff 20 on 587 attempts.

Might want to do a quick math check.
Of course you don't understand the graph, how could you.
He was 4th in TO worthy throws.
It means the Lions got the luckiest, best version of Goff and still didn't make the playoffs. If he regresses to his mea of 2.0% INTs, which is likely, that would be 12 INTs and a very LOLions 6-11 or 7-10.

I'm curious why would you try to turn every Bears thread into a Lions thread and come here and try to turn this Lions thread into a Bears thread?

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It means the Lions got the luckiest, best version of Goff and still didn't make the playoffs. If he regresses to his mea of 2.0% INTs, which is likely, that would be 12 INTs and a very LOLions 6-11 or 7-10.

I'm curious why would you try to turn every Bears thread into a Lions thread and come here and try to turn this Lions thread into a Bears thread?
Cock-neato is a very strange guy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you do not want commentary about the Lions, don't bring them into the discussion, it really is that simple. As for turning this thread into a Lion's thread, did you bother to read the title of the thread? And you call me stupid? And I completely understand the graph, it is you that can't seem to grasp it. If Goff were to regress to the mean, it would mean an increase of INT's of 3-4 more. And whooptidy shit batman. Hardly earth-shattering, even if it were to happen. Then you take this and make this statement:

If he regresses to his mea of 2.0% INTs, which is likely, that would be 12 INTs and a very LOLions 6-11 or 7-10.

Which is complete bullshit. You don't know that, the graph you presented does not support that, you're just trying to make one set of stats say something they were never intended to do. Conversely, if the Lions had a 15th ranked defense, they would have been 12-5, 13-4, etc etc.

The one undeniable truth is if JF makes more pass attempts, he will throw more INTS. He is looking disproportionately low on this graph due to the fact of his anemic attempts.

The other undeniable truth is the Lions fielded a 5th ranked offense, while the Bears had what? 30th?

BTW, how did Mahomes rank in turnover worthy throws?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you do not want commentary about the Lions, don't bring them into the discussion, it really is that simple. As for turning this thread into a Lion's thread, did you bother to read the title of the thread? And you call me stupid? And I completely understand the graph, it is you that can't seem to grasp it. If Goff were to regress to the mean, it would mean an increase of INT's of 3-4 more. And whooptidy shit batman. Hardly earth-shattering, even if it were to happen. Then you take this and make this statement:
Damn, have your parents tested their house for lead paint? Not sure which is worse your grasp of the English language, or your math skills.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, have your parents tested their house for lead paint? Not sure which is worse your grasp of the English language, or your math skills.
Interpretation: Everything I just said was proven to be complete bullshit, now I will try to deflect and hope some of the CCS lemmings come to support me.

As for my "math skills" and being able to understand the graph, you might want to take a closer look at the graph and tell me where the "mean" is.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Interpretation: Everything I just said was proven to be complete bullshit, now I will try to deflect and hope some of the CCS lemmings come to support me.

As for my "math skills" and being able to understand the graph, you might want to take a closer look at the graph and tell me where the "mean" is.
Good God!
1) I literally said the opposite of what you thought I said about this thread.
2) Goff's average INT percentage (his mean) has nothing to do with that graph
3)The graph you just posted literally reinforces that Goff's success last season was more luck than substance with his adjusted passer rating 15 points lower than actual rating.

Here is a little snipet explaining Goff's future prospects:
Indeed, since 2007, of all 200 quarterbacks to attempt at least 300 passes in back-to-back years, 67 percent of all quarterbacks with a positive differential (between traditional and adjusted passer rating) improved in traditional passer rating in the following season. Only 40 percent of all quarterbacks with a negative differential improved in the following season.

Would love to know how badly the guys with double digit negative differentials nose dived the next season.
I will say again, best thing that ever happened to the Lions was Goff looking serviceable, then drafting a second tier RB and meh ILB in the top 20. Pissing away draft capital that could have been used on a QB prospect for 2 guys that likely become average players at below average value positions. Sooooo LOLions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good God!
1) I literally said the opposite of what you thought I said about this thread.
2) Goff's average INT percentage (his mean) has nothing to do with that graph
3)The graph you just posted literally reinforces that Goff's success last season was more luck than substance with his adjusted passer rating 15 points lower than actual rating.

Here is a little snipet explaining Goff's future prospects:
Indeed, since 2007, of all 200 quarterbacks to attempt at least 300 passes in back-to-back years, 67 percent of all quarterbacks with a positive differential (between traditional and adjusted passer rating) improved in traditional passer rating in the following season. Only 40 percent of all quarterbacks with a negative differential improved in the following season.

Would love to know how badly the guys with double digit negative differentials nose dived the next season.
I will say again, best thing that ever happened to the Lions was Goff looking serviceable, then drafting a second tier RB and meh ILB in the top 20. Pissing away draft capital that could have been used on a QB prospect for 2 guys that likely become average players at below average value positions. Sooooo LOLions.
And yet the Bears had the number one overall pick, and have a QB that is much worse. Not sure if you were paying attention, but the Lions did actually draft a QB, dickwad. Where have we seen this "next year is the year" play out before with Chicago and their QB expectations? So cough cough cough Chicago. The best thing that will happen is Fields will show marginal improvement, enough to make Chicago once again give Fields "one more year".

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How-To-End-a-Thread.png

The Lions last championship was 1957.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And yet the Bears had the number one overall pick, and have a QB that is much worse. Not sure if you were paying attention, but the Lions did actually draft a QB, dickwad. Where have we seen this "next year is the year" play out before with Chicago and their QB expectations? So cough cough cough Chicago. The best thing that will happen is Fields will show marginal improvement, enough to make Chicago once again give Fields "one more year".
I mean there is a chance Fields will struggle, though it seems every unlikely, as he is almost universally accepted as a guy primed to make a huge leap. Thing is, if he doesn't I will bet whatever you choose that they won't waste their 2 first round picks on a 2nd tier RB and 2nd round talent ILB.

I smile just a little bit every time I type that.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People that were not born the last time the Lions won a championship.

Lovie Smith

Mitch Albom

Michael Steele

Michael Wilbon

Darryl Sutter

Marvin Lewis

Jello Biafra

Mary Decker

Malik Obama

Joel Quenneville

Keena Turner

Ibrahim Hamis Juma

Kiki VanDeWeghe

Jeff Fisher

Alec Baldwin

Dave Krieg

Ellen DeGeneres

Jamal Khashoggi

Tom Thibodeau

Mike Mayock

Hilario Zapata

Amadou Dia Ba

Cher Wang

msadows

Liked Posts:
Damn, nc0gnet0 is going to take the prize as the most cringe loser on this board.

msadows

Liked Posts:
People that were not born the last time the Lions won a championship.

Lovie Smith

Mitch Albom

Michael Steele

Michael Wilbon

Darryl Sutter

Marvin Lewis

Jello Biafra

Mary Decker

Malik Obama

Joel Quenneville

Keena Turner

Ibrahim Hamis Juma

Kiki VanDeWeghe

Jeff Fisher

Alec Baldwin

Dave Krieg

Ellen DeGeneres

Jamal Khashoggi

Tom Thibodeau

Mike Mayock

Hilario Zapata

Amadou Dia Ba

Cher Wang

The only players on the bears and lions who were alive the last time the lions won a playoff game are the long snappers.

They reaaaaaally bad.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean there is a chance Fields will struggle, though it seems every unlikely, as he is almost universally accepted as a guy primed to make a huge leap. Thing is, if he doesn't I will bet whatever you choose that they won't waste their 2 first round picks on a 2nd tier RB and 2nd round talent ILB.

I smile just a little bit every time I type that.
No, it will mean they wasted a first round pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, a 2022 fourth-round pick and a fifth-round pick for 2021 on Fields.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No, it will mean they wasted a first round pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, a 2022 fourth-round pick and a fifth-round pick for 2021 on Fields.
LOL! Keep clinging to your unlikely hypotheticals, like the one where you are alive to see the next Lions playoff win.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL! Keep clinging to your unlikely hypotheticals, like the one where you are alive to see the next Lions playoff win.

If you can bear reading through his post history, his hypotheticals involving the lions are almost always wrong