Lol hypocrites

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
couldn't even beat out Amazon delivery driver Marquise Williams for 2 seasons at UNC. His college coach knew something....

That Williams was hard to stop for his size? And Athletes in college dominate sometimes not because they are good QBs but because they are big athletes?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
TL;DR - Foles isn't a long term solution, we'll be drafting a QB early this year or next.

Then what's the point of switching to Foles?
To make us have to trade up from 28th pick to the 1st pick instead of from 12th pick to 1st? Isn't that cost difference quite large?

But I guess this is the forum that thinks getting a win on the last game of the season that drops 3 spots in the draft is totally worth it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
That Williams was hard to stop for his size? And Athletes in college dominate sometimes not because they are good QBs but because they are big athletes?

forgot, Wiliams was a XFL reject bench warmer as well...WOW!!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
To make us have to trade up from 28th pick to the 1st pick instead of from 12th pick to 1st? Isn't that cost difference quite large?

But I guess this is the forum that thinks getting a win on the last game of the season that drops 3 spots in the draft is totally worth it.

you have to be a mitch family member or college dorm room buddy, you just have to be

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Your what hurts?

This team still has a defense that can win, and Foles is on a 4 year deal. That's not long term, but Foles gives the best chance to win now.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Your what hurts?

This team still has a defense that can win, and Foles is on a 4 year deal. That's not long term, but Foles gives the best chance to win now.

He's mitch's dorm room buddy. And I can't blame him. If I roomed with someone in college and he happened to make it to the pro's, I'd follow him around via social media, sports forums everywhere and defend him like he was my kid brother.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He won them football games not sure what your point is?!

2014 6-7
2015 11-3
2016 8-5 ,<----mitch's year

yep, college coach did well keeping mitch on the bench behind xfl reject, amazon driver marquise williams

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's mitch's dorm room buddy. And I can't blame him. If I roomed with someone in college and he happened to make it to the pro's, I'd follow him around via social media, sports forums everywhere and defend him like he was my kid brother.
I'm sorry, who are we talking about?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If you look at 8:02 of the video, AR has beaten the CB and has to slow down and jump back towards the ball and Bradford pushes him away from the ball which allows him to make the pick. So first Trubs has options here. He can try and lead ARob since ARon has a step or he can back shoulder it.

By contrast, if you freeze this at 3 seconds, Foles throws the ball while ARob is still behind the CB. So he has to throw back shoulder because ARob isn't close to beating his man. Further, Foles throws that ball in a way where ARob is still actually moving forward when he jumps and catches it because again the CB is actually slightly ahead of him.

That pass by Foles is perfect given how the CB played it and where ARob is. By contrast the Trubs pass is anything but because he back shoulders it when ARob is on top of the CB and ARob has to slow down and jump backwards against his forward momentum to make the catch.

Football is a game of inches and there is no way those two passes are comparable even if they are both back shoulder passes because Foles understands leverage and position and Trubs does not.
In this case it's a game of yards if you consider the length of the passes. Both were fine for their relative situations.
How about the bomb to Mooney that's been called an almost TD. Anybody not think that if it was thrown a yard or 3 farther, Mooney doesn't get stripped by the DB. I thought it was good throw but by your standards it was a bad one. These guys aren't going to be perfect. Complain about the picks and missing open reads and throws. not the minutia.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
3... almost tds dont count or if they do he also threw 3 almost ints
They were called TDs on the field. That's all that matters. And even when they were wrongfully taken away, Foles was able to call on his warrior spirit to overcome those major setbacks. I think... no... I'm sure, Mitch would have cried and thrown 6 picks afterwards.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Your what hurts?

My ass hurts from being fucked at the QB position by the Bears doing this same exact thing constantly and expecting a different outcome and by fans being OK with it as long as their last hated starting QB gets replaced with a different scrub every 2-3 years or sooner.

Foles is 31, he isn't capable of being a long term solution even if he was good. If he's actually to "win now" that is costing multiple 1st round picks to move up to get a QB because your need to win now and draft a QB don't work together.
Meanwhile I got bitched at for wanting to draft a 1st round QB the year after we drafted Trubisky so we wouldn't be in this mess AGAIN.
You ate a lot of paint chips when you were a kid didn't you?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My ass hurts from being fucked at the QB position by the Bears doing this same exact thing constantly and expecting a different outcome and by fans being OK with it as long as their last hated starting QB gets replaced with a different scrub every 2-3 years or sooner.

Foles is 31, he isn't capable of being a long term solution even if he was good. If he's actually to "win now" that is costing multiple 1st round picks to move up to get a QB because your need to win now and draft a QB don't work together.
Meanwhile I got bitched at for wanting to draft a 1st round QB the year after we drafted Trubisky so we wouldn't be in this mess AGAIN.
You ate a lot of paint chips when you were a kid didn't you?
Please quote me where I said Foles was the long term solution. Please, please find it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I love the optimistic new outlook but many of you are clearly making excuses for foles bad plays that you blamed on trubisky

All that being said i hope i was wrong about foles and he leads us ta the promised land

While i think nagy pulled the plug too soon on trubisky i get the move as foles does fit his offense better and he wants to protect his job

Lol at least all you fuckers are no longer doom and gloom so bear down mfs and heres to our hopeful playoff run
I'd have to say Nagy replaced Trub just in the nick-of-time... to win that game. And who knows if that one win gets the playoffs, or home field.

I'll say I sure as heck wasn't expecting that switch when it happened. And can't argue with the results.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I love the optimistic new outlook but many of you are clearly making excuses for foles bad plays that you blamed on trubisky

Bro, this is already my #calledit from the game thread.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:

All that being said i hope i was wrong about foles and he leads us ta the promised land

While i think nagy pulled the plug too soon on trubisky i get the move as foles does fit his offense better and he wants to protect his job

Lol at least all you fuckers are no longer doom and gloom so bear down mfs and heres to our hopeful playoff run

For me, I think we are not nearly as good as our record might indicate and my guess is the remainder of the season will prove that out. But, if for nothing else, it's clear this team is not going to waste another year hoping thatTrubisky can become a good QB. And THAT is progress. THAT is a good thing.

I don't think Foles is going to be a magic man for this team--sure I'd be stoked if he could lead this team to the playoffs but I don't see it. One thing I know, however, is that Trubisky wasn't that guy.

So for most Bears fans who know football, things are looking better now than they did at the start of the game last week.

And that's something when you think about the fact that for a hell of a lot of Bear fans, there hasn't been that much to look forward to since it became clear Mitch Trubisky was a bust--and that's been a while now.

Qbart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is how I see things. When Mitch was drafted I was at a bar down in Wrigleyville, when it was announced that the Bears moved up everyone groaned. When they announced that Mitch was the Bears pick, everyone said WTF! I had high hopes for Mitch but hated the way he was drafted. Three years later and I'm sitting at a bar watching the first game this year. When Mitch threw that touchdown and we won because Detroit fucked up, someone at the bar said, "Shit now we are stuck with Mitch for another week!" Everyone agreed. Mitch doesn't have it, hopefully Foles stays healthy!