Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah. What else do you expect when the guy you're trading has a cap hit near 30 million dollars for you in the next 2 seasons?
Injury is not serious, He still demands double teams, plus he is a household name that will yield high amounts of jersey sells and more additions fans watching chargers games. Plus them deserted Raiders fans IN south Cali just might become Chargers fans finally and he will actually help that team win more games. Cap space will jump another 10 million each season and he still have knees. BUT Poles got robbed.

Cyphered

Liked Posts:
I give this an A+. The cap aspect of it is genius and allows Poles to get make more efficient moves in FA this year. Great first move for Poles.
From what I'm hearing, we get hit with the majority of his contract this year. So, Poles gains little to no flexibility this year after swallowing the Chargers'... new player's 24 mil in dead cap space.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I give this an A+. The cap aspect of it is genius and allows Poles to get make more efficient moves in FA this year. Great first move for Poles.

At first I was upset because we only got a 2nd and 6th.

Then I thought about it and realized he just got a shit ton of cap to work with, which is what he needs.
From what I'm hearing, we get hit with the majority of his contract this year. So, Poles gains little to no flexibility this year after swallowing the Chargers'... new player's 24 mil in dead cap space.

Yes, it gives you flexibility. You already had cap room this year. This gives you a fuckton more for next year.

You can sign Roquan to a backloaded 5 year deal...for example

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
The value for Mack was only ever going to go down. The fact that San Diego is taking on the entire contract, AND we got a 2nd this year? That is a GREAT move. This isn't the same Mack we traded for - if he WERE playing at that level, then yeah, I'd be pissed.

But he's not. He's clearly on his way downhill. We got all anyone could have gotten for him, and we get to move on, get an extra high pick this year, AND free up a SHIT TON of cap space for the 2023 season.
I actually think he would have played in a 4-3 DE role he would got more sacks. Either way i agree he needed to go. Still great but

Username

Liked Posts:
The Shit Show has started. Actually it started when George started his car to go pick up Poles at O'hare. Poles hires an idiot who's going to bring back the Cover who/what/where/ which we know doesn't work. But... well, try again, hope for the best.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Fans really gonna lose their shitt when Fields is traded. No way a new gm comes in and plays with a qb that wasnt his guy. Jmo and I personally hope it doesnt happen, but if I had to speculate I bet Poles is listening to options.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fans really gonna lose their shitt when Fields is traded. No way a new gm comes in and plays with a qb that wasnt his guy. Jmo and I personally hope it doesnt happen, but if I had to speculate I bet Poles is listening to options.
that's basically what a rebuild is/does. Once you trade your best/franchise player, it's all fucked up. Then daily rumors here and there comes out left and right til people cant take it no more.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
I think the fever has affected your brain.

mecha

Liked Posts:
lot of sore vaginas again, I see. I'm not sure if pussy tightening or widening therapy will be helpful. it's fucking incredible how the whole of CCS was bitching about Mack for the last 3 years and how he needed to be dealt and then it actually happens and the cunting en masse ensues.

also new troll fuckheads. that's great too. thanks.

Liked Posts:
lot of sore vaginas again, I see. I'm not sure if pussy tightening or widening therapy will be helpful. it's fucking incredible how the whole of CCS was bitching about Mack for the last 3 years and how he needed to be dealt and then it actually happens and the cunting en masse ensues.

also new troll fuckheads. that's great too. thanks.
Yep, was just gonna post this. This response is par for the course for this place. Pretty confident all I read the last 3 years was that he disappeared every game and was a ripoff and “pace got fleeced” with him and we needed to trade him.

Watch once Cohen is traded, or ARob leaves, they’ll all pretend they didn’t bitch about both of them and act like we just lost Sweetness in his prime for a bucket of fish heads. I kinda hate it here…

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Getting rid of his cap numbers for the next 2 seasons alone is worth the trade. The compensation might be a bit lower than what people wanted, but I'm guessing that this is his value based on his contract.

We're probably not winning shit in 2022, so why keep him for another season or 2, and then cut him or dump him for a much worse draft pick? This was a good move. I know he's a great player, and he's fun to watch, but it makes sense to get rid of him.

Get your angst out now, and then get the fuck over it. There is probably more to come.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
whoa whoa..just years ago everybody agreed that mack is a once in a generational talent. dude will most like come back and still be an elite player for more additional years to come. and besides my point is Poles is in fact wack AF already, dude got us robbed.

Downhill my ass, motherfuckers was still double teaming MACK when he played.
Mack has not been a generational talent in a few years. And the double team thing is a myth---Jahns did a breakdown on The Athletic about it last year that I'll see if I can find.

Ultimately, Mack's results and availability were not worth what he was being paid. He was weighing down the cap and had become more of a financial liability than he was an on-field asset.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t mind trading Mack just don’t think Poles maximized his value, he sold low. Should sell Quinn he won’t ever have higher value. I want to see more moves now.
Poles doesn't set the market. Best time to do these if before FA or after the draft, before teams haven't filled with others or failed to after said draft. Poles understandably want the picks this year and it's not like we're SB bound. I get it and it's probably the right move for a rebuilding team. That contract along with some other overpays plus the lack of signed players is a real issue created by the previous regime. This is an unfortunate part of a required reset.

That said, I suspect Mack's lower production over the last few years has a lot to do with the surgery he had last year and that he'll have a VG 2022. As that occurs, we'll get a few here claiming they saw it coming and what an idiot Poles is. I hope Mack does great and still completely understand this move. A bit disappointed in the return for what I suspect Mack still has in the tank but if you look at his contract, production and injuries over the last few, it's completely understandable.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
What some don't seem to comprehend is that Mack was absolutely going to be a cap casually next off season. They weren't going to keep him and his 30m cap hit. This way they got something decent in return.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Should have traded him for Leonard Floyd. :ROFLMAO: