My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not watching...

The only memory I have is Sammy doing the hop and the ball being caught by the shortstop in shallow left

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It was fun at the time, but all a fraud. And living in St Louis watching McGwire and his "all about me" attitude sickens me.

It's a 30 for 30 focused primarily on a guy whose concern was his own stats, and cheating to do it. And Sosa did as well. I just can't get fired up for that. It feels like celebrating cheating.

To me, it feels as bad as watching Lance Armstrong. But I think I am in the minority on this.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was fun at the time, but all a fraud. And living in St Louis watching McGwire and his "all about me" attitude sickens me.

It's a 30 for 30 focused primarily on a guy whose concern was his own stats, and cheating to do it. And Sosa did as well. I just can't get fired up for that. It feels like celebrating cheating.

To me, it feels as bad as watching Lance Armstrong. But I think I am in the minority on this.

Spitballs, sign stealing, juiced balls, pitch framing......the damn sport doesn't care, why should we?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Spitballs, sign stealing, juiced balls, pitch framing......the damn sport doesn't care, why should we?
Well, that is a good question.

(And i love that you included pitch framing in there, as I am on board with that being ridiculous.)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Man I despised McGuire so much back in the day but he really was a stud.

Also, Kerry wood was fucking awesome

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I must have been to young but this 30 for 30 is really painting Sammy as a nobody before 98.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bring Sammy back first game after coronavirus

do it

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Man, that doc stunk lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
bring Sammy back first game after coronavirus

do it
He wasn’t a nobody. He was a borderline all star. Then, he became all world. I don’t care if he took the roids. A majority in mlb was on them. That 3 year span was ridiculous. Another level

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn’t a nobody. He was a borderline all star. Then, he became all world. I don’t care if he took the roids. A majority in mlb was on them. That 3 year span was ridiculous. Another level
Your thoughts on Sammy all of a sudden can't speak English in front of the congressional hearing on PEDs...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
100 whatever of those who volunteered to get tested, out of what 750 in the league at any time. Why werent there 6 guys chasing the Maris record then? There were probably 400 players taking steroids and since there were no written rules or regulations, why is it considered cheating?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I recall McGwire saying "I can't believe what I've just done. Can you?" and thought that was as self-centered as it gets. But then I saw "We'll all always remember where we were when I hit #62".

I didn't like him then, and I don't like him now.

I didn't watch much, but to show pictures of fans in the stands years later and timestamp them 1998 is just flat out ridiculous. But even worse is having an entire doc on the 1998 HR race and barely mentioning steroids at the tail end of it.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts: