Long Gone Summer tonight

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Sammy really missed an opportunity in that doc to admit his steroid use and apologize, like McGwire did. That's really all he has to do and then he will be welcomed back by the Cubs. I just don't know why it's so hard for him to do that.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Nobody gives a fuck what Turd Wendell has to say about anything. Who the fuck names their kid Turd anyway?
He is a person with a perspective. He saw Sosa every day for 4 years so he qualifies to have an opinion

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
He is a person with a perspective. He saw Sosa every day for 4 years so he qualifies to have an opinion

Who gives a fuck though? Sosa did more for the city of Chicago in one season than Turd did his entire career.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Who gives a fuck though? Sosa did more for the city of Chicago in one season than Turd did his entire career.
He did little for the city of Chicago. Did he help them win the world series? Acted like a moron in the clubhouse

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He did a ton for the Tribune Company.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turk Wendell rips Sosa

Gary Gaetti was on the radio and said Sosa was just a happy go lucky dude that the guys all used to playfully make fun of due to his severe OCD caused by all his superstitions.

The guy in the article obviously has some sort of agenda. It’s plain to see just by this ridiculous comment he made in the article... “We did see his true athletic ability after they started testing for steroids, he went from 60 home runs to I think 12 or 14 with Baltimore and then he was out of the game.””

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn’t a nobody. He was a borderline all star. Then, he became all world. I don’t care if he took the roids. A majority in mlb was on them. That 3 year span was ridiculous. Another level

In 1996 he hit 40 HR’s despite missing around 40 games. He’d probably have ended up the NL HR leader that season if he didn’t get injured in August.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Turk Wendell rips Sosa

He has the right to his opinion but yeah, a seven time all star and an NL MVP with over 600 home runs is going to be given a lot more slack than a middle level pitcher with an ERA of around 4.0.

A lot of people forget that the 1998 year was considered, at the time, the season that 'saved' baseball. The McGuire/Sosa thing and the apparent good will between the players brought people to their TVs to see the home run battle. Yes it was tainted by steroids but at the time it was great television and something people enjoyed watching.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has the right to his opinion but yeah, a seven time all star and an NL MVP with over 600 home runs is going to be given a lot more slack than a middle level pitcher with an ERA of around 4.0.

A lot of people forget that the 1998 year was considered, at the time, the season that 'saved' baseball. The McGuire/Sosa thing and the apparent good will between the players brought people to their TVs to see the home run battle. Yes it was tainted by steroids but at the time it was great television and something people enjoyed watching.
Similar to watching a 5 time TDF winner, they were all doping and Lance was the best.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sammy painted himself into a corner....he was so popular he could've gotten away with almost anything. But he just kept digging a bigger hole for himself with the corked bat, walking out on his team, the obvious playing only for his own numbers but the real topper was his embarassing stint in court feigning his "no comprende" of English. He keeps trying to get backin the Cub's loop but he might want to reconsider that....I'm not real sure how many Cub fans are interested in his return.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sammy painted himself into a corner....he was so popular he could've gotten away with almost anything. But he just kept digging a bigger hole for himself with the corked bat, walking out on his team, the obvious playing only for his own numbers but the real topper was his embarassing stint in court feigning his "no comprende" of English. He keeps trying to get backin the Cub's loop but he might want to reconsider that....I'm not real sure how many Cub fans are interested in his return.
I may be wrong but I think a lot of people would like to see him back. TR...not so much.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does anyone else think McGwire resembles the Undertaker when he had a mullet?