Long just called Trubs the Offensive Captain

Tostada

Liked Posts:
He's the QB. If he wasn't offensive captain it'd be something wrong IMO.

Good that we don't have to put up with any pretenses of Giraffe neck and can just watch Mitch blossom as THE guy(hopefully).

I'm on the bubble. He's so young. But so is this whole offense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
?Why is this a thread. Who else would be the offensive captain?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
So was Jay Cutler and Mike Glennon after him

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Not worth its own thread, but since you are already discussing Kyle Long, thought I may as well post this:

For 1st time in awhile, Bears’ Kyle Long is starting to feel like himself again

Bears guard Kyle Long might not feel quite 100 percent, but he’s in a better spot than he was at the end of the season.

Long has battled injuries for the last two seasons. And this offseason, he underwent three surgeries. But Long is -confident he’s in a good place heading into Bears training camp, which begins July 21.

“[This offseason has] been challenging,” Long, who was promoting Applebee’s as a spokesperson, told the Sun-Times in a phone interview. “Like everything in the NFL, it’s been hard. It’s one of those things that you learn a lot about yourself and you know having that understanding and having some perspective is great.

“But feeling where I am and what I’m getting myself into, I know how to pace myself. I’m excited to get back out there and help my team in any way I can. And the only way to do that is to be on the field.”

His health situation aside, Long believes the team is set to have success, -especially under the leadership of new coach Matt Nagy.

Long has been nothing short of impressed with Nagy’s knowledge and passion for the game.

“Matt Nagy is really fun to play for,” Long said. “He’s a guy that has played quarterback and coached, so he’s worn a few different hats in the league. He’s someone who understands how to get through to a young team, and that’s what we have in Chicago. He understands that, and he can really get the attention of the defense and the offense and bring us all together.”

Long also praised second-year quarterback Mitch Trubisky’s development this offseason and believes he’s better prepared to succeed.

“My little boy is becoming a man,” Long said. “They’ve taken the training wheels off of Mitch’s little bike. So he’s going to be able to do some things creatively and get to showcase his skills a little bit more in an open range. We’re excited to see him.”

-Madeline Kenney, Chicago Sun-Times

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Long should help the Captain eat less sacks this year.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Not worth its own thread, but since you are already discussing Kyle Long, thought I may as well post this:

For 1st time in awhile, Bears’ Kyle Long is starting to feel like himself again

Bears guard Kyle Long might not feel quite 100 percent, but he’s in a better spot than he was at the end of the season.

Long has battled injuries for the last two seasons. And this offseason, he underwent three surgeries. But Long is -confident he’s in a good place heading into Bears training camp, which begins July 21.

“[This offseason has] been challenging,” Long, who was promoting Applebee’s as a spokesperson, told the Sun-Times in a phone interview. “Like everything in the NFL, it’s been hard. It’s one of those things that you learn a lot about yourself and you know having that understanding and having some perspective is great.

“But feeling where I am and what I’m getting myself into, I know how to pace myself. I’m excited to get back out there and help my team in any way I can. And the only way to do that is to be on the field.”

His health situation aside, Long believes the team is set to have success, -especially under the leadership of new coach Matt Nagy.

Long has been nothing short of impressed with Nagy’s knowledge and passion for the game.

“Matt Nagy is really fun to play for,” Long said. “He’s a guy that has played quarterback and coached, so he’s worn a few different hats in the league. He’s someone who understands how to get through to a young team, and that’s what we have in Chicago. He understands that, and he can really get the attention of the defense and the offense and bring us all together.”

Long also praised second-year quarterback Mitch Trubisky’s development this offseason and believes he’s better prepared to succeed.

“My little boy is becoming a man,” Long said. “They’ve taken the training wheels off of Mitch’s little bike. So he’s going to be able to do some things creatively and get to showcase his skills a little bit more in an open range. We’re excited to see him.”

-Madeline Kenney, Chicago Sun-Times

Hoping he'll stay healthy this season.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Long needs to be healthy or our line will be below avg.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What bone did Kyle break while saying this?

proton

Liked Posts:
During most of the Lovie Smith era Olin Kruetz was the offensive captain.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
During most of the Lovie Smith era Olin Kruetz was the offensive captain.

My point, Jay in his first year was not a Captain. Glennon got the gig because he was a seasoned veteran ... Mierda.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long needs to do something other than talk. Maybe drop less X . . .

. . . Long svcks. And a quarterback whose career stats are 0.63 touchdowns aint far behind,

Stop talking and start producing . . ,