Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I looked this guy up. He has the mobility of a OLineman. There's nothing that stands out with this guy (checked his Indy bckgd. no bowl wins). Might as well keep Bray.

just watched a bit of him and kept getting a Mike Glennon vibe

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team was a couple of plays away from being 6-10. They go 6-10 next year and it’s firing time.

They won't.

They were also a missed kick and a roughing the punter away from being 10-6.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I suspect Nagy has been saying this behind the scenes a lot as well. I think Halas Hall is not healthy with Pace pointing at Nagy's obvious flaws in developing Mitch and gameplans and playcalling, and Nagy is pointing at Mitch saying he can't take the next step and is handcuffing him from what he wants to do. Problem is Pace is literally the one that brought both in to work together so Pace has absolutely no leg to stand on (even if Nagy has very little as well).

One might be tempted to say last year is last year and we are moving on, but I suspect it doesn't work out like that. And while the offseason might be one long and relatively peaceful cease-fire, losses will bring it all up again. Maybe even WINS where Mitch looks bad still.

EDIT: In before I am accused of speculation. Of course I am speculating. It could be possible that Pace, Nagy and Mitch all get on the same page and all bounce back in elite form. If anyone anywhere believed that, that's fine. I don't see how it could be justified but fine. And equally as speculative as mine, probably more so.

I think if Pace had it his way he would run with Mitch and invest all his money into the team around him.

I think the veteran QB they bring in is going to be to appease Nagy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
they were also a couple plays away from making the playoffs

I get that. My point was anyone saying the Bears can’t have a bad record is full of shit. They’re a mediocre talent team now and that means a couple plays a season can decide if you go 6-10 or 10-6. And there is no way Pace and Nagy get another year if they go 6-10.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think if Pace had it his way he would run with Mitch and invest all his money into the team around him.

I think the veteran QB they bring in is going to be to appease Nagy.

But will not be a serious challenge to Mitch so Nagy will remain unappeased as he will be forced to play Mitch and this keeps going on with no end in sight.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
they were also a couple plays away from making the playoffs

Then Pace and Nagy would be safe? But that wasn't the context. Windy said they are safe unless they go 2-14 and THAT was what BaaBaa was arguing against. I also agree with BaaBaa: missing playoffs and I think Black Monday hits Halas Hall and the record could be considerably better than 2-14 for that to happen.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that. My point was anyone saying the Bears can’t have a bad record is full of shit. They’re a mediocre talent team now and that means a couple plays a season can decide if you go 6-10 or 10-6. And there is no way Pace and Nagy get another year if they go 6-10.

I don't think they are mediocre talent team. The did play mediocre but I don't think the talent level was the reason for the drop off in wins.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think they are mediocre talent team. The did play mediocre but I don't think the talent level was the reason for the drop off in wins.
Holy fuck they’re as mediocre as can be. Other than AR there is almost zero talent on offense. No TEs. No QB. Average as hell RB. Shit Oline. Only talent is on D. If you don’t think this team has mediocre talent then we have different definitions of mediocre.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck they’re as mediocre as can be. Other than AR there is almost zero talent on offense. No TEs. No QB. Average as hell RB. Shit Oline. Only talent is on D. If you don’t think this team has mediocre talent then we have different definitions of mediocre.

That's false.

Burton was a top ten TE in 2018
We know Cohen's ability
And Montgomery and Trubisky absolutely had flashes.
Antmill looks like he can be a bona fida #2.

They are not mediocre. I don't think they were used in a proper consistent fashion.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
That's false.

We know Cohen's ability

They are not mediocre. I don't think they were used in a proper consistent fashion.

No other GM or fans of another team are eyeballing the combo of Burton-Cohen-Mont-Trubs-Antmill and saying, "damn, wish we had that personnel".

Your rationalization was all about unproven potential, past performance, and inconsistent performance, errrrr, "flashes".

Nothing matters except production, and collectively that personnel grouping is subpar for NFL starters.

The overall level of talent and production of our O is bottom-third of the NFL. Fact.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's false.

We know Cohen's ability

:jonesy:

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It would actually be extremely easy for us to tank hard next year.

The offense is already #1 overall pick caliber.

You basically just need to trade Mack and Hicks for value. And then we're there.

Sign no FAs to gain comp picks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

giphy.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then Pace and Nagy would be safe? But that wasn't the context. Windy said they are safe unless they go 2-14 and THAT was what BaaBaa was arguing against. I also agree with BaaBaa: missing playoffs and I think Black Monday hits Halas Hall and the record could be considerably better than 2-14 for that to happen.

I think the over under is 5.5 wins on people losing their jobs.

They love Pace, they have turned the entire operation over to him, they do not want to pull the plug on everything.

Trubisky will be the scape goat for a bad 2020.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the over under is 5.5 wins on people losing their jobs.

Is there a source you got that from? Or just your own idea?

Trubisky will be the scape goat for a bad 2020.

If you are right, that would be a tough sell - maybe an impossible sell to try to scapegoat the QB and still protect the GM that drafted him. I think you're wrong here. I mean they can TRY it but it will blow up so big with fans and media that they would have to undo it quickly.