First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think a majority of the board is in agreement that Mitch isn't the long-term solution at QB. Of course he'll have this season & next to prove his worth to Pace and nagy, but I think it's time we start looking at viable long term options. In this short season so far he doesn't seem to have progressed, and I'd say he's regressed from last year. Hopefully Pace is evaluating this year's crop of QBs.

I've seen fans mention Kap, Eli and Ryan Fitzpatrick (still not sure if srs) as stop-gaps for this season. None of those guys is the long term solution we need at QB. None are better than Mitch either. These next two years look to be fairly deep at QB options. I think it's a good time for the Bears to find Mitch's possible replacement, or at the very least, competition to push him.

With no first round pick this year it's going to be hard to move up far enough for one of the top two QBs for 2020 (Tua Tag, or Justin Herbert). Behind them (if they enter the draft) are Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Jalen Hurts and KJ Costello. After that Trevor Lawrence, would have to mortgage a decade to move up for him, Sam Ehlinger and possibly Justin Fields.

It's time we start looking for our franchise QB (again). Who do you like and what would you like to see us do at QB in the next two years?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We cannot wait. We are a SB contender right now. Another year with Mitch is another year wasted. Another QB needs to be in camp next year trying to take Mitch's job.

To me, the 'wait and see' about Mitch crowd is more concerned with Mitch's development than winning a SB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think a majority of the board is in agreement that Mitch isn't the long-term solution at QB. Of course he'll have this season & next to prove his worth to Pace and nagy, but I think it's time we start looking at viable long term options. In this short season so far he doesn't seem to have progressed, and I'd say he's regressed from last year. Hopefully Pace is evaluating this year's crop of QBs.

I've seen fans mention Kap, Eli and Ryan Fitzpatrick (still not sure if srs) as stop-gaps for this season. None of those guys is the long term solution we need at QB. None are better than Mitch either. These next two years look to be fairly deep at QB options. I think it's a good time for the Bears to find Mitch's possible replacement, or at the very least, competition to push him.

With no first round pick this year it's going to be hard to move up far enough for one of the top two QBs for 2020 (Tua Tag, or Justin Herbert). Behind them (if they enter the draft) are Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Jalen Hurts and KJ Costello. After that Trevor Lawrence, would have to mortgage a decade to move up for him, Sam Ehlinger and possibly Justin Fields.

It's time we start looking for our franchise QB (again). Who do you like and what would you like to see us do at QB in the next two years?

I've seen fans mention Kap, Eli and Ryan Fitzpatrick (still not sure if srs) as stop-gaps for this season. None of those guys is the long term solution we need at QB

Kap and Eli are better than Trubz ( have u seen their "resumes"?) Kap is the best outta the 3....but he'll never play again

Right we need to look at a good young, mobile Qb in the mid to late rounds to groom for the future. It's to soon to think to think 1st round......IMO

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Isn't he going to be under contract tho?
I mean you gotta think they play it smart and go with the considerably cheaper and younger option in Minshew. I’d give them a third for him, if he’s healthy of course.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm going to get laughed at for this, but I'm dead serious. If I'm Ryan Pace thinking about the QB situation and other teams around the league, I'm calling Miami about Josh Rosen. He could come pretty cheap for a first round draft pick. He's young and he has starting experience and he actually played in college. His NFL career has been shit to date and has played on the two worst teams two years in a row.

Or maybe Pace waits until they draft Tua and then call and get him even cheaper.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm going to get laughed at for this, but I'm dead serious. If I'm Ryan Pace thinking about the QB situation and other teams around the league, I'm calling Miami about Josh Rosen. He could come pretty cheap for a first round draft pick. He's young and he has starting experience and he actually played in college. His NFL career has been shit to date and has played on the two worst teams two years in a row.

Or maybe Pace waits until they draft Tua and then call and get him even cheaper.
Arizona fucked up with Rosen the same way last year. No way Miami does it too.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Serious question .... does Mitch have any trade value? Third? Second? First? Ham sandwich?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’m going for Costello in second round. An experienced college qb who played a pro style offense. Strong arm and can start quickly.

I see Minshew for Jacksonville, and I am amzes that people missed on him.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
A 4th maybe.
you could get way more then that, There isnt enough QBs and some GM/HC will think that they can make Mitch work in their system. We gave up multiple 1st and a few mid round picks for Cutler..

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cam Newton and Foles may be FA after this season. I go with Foles between the two.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whoever the Jags don't want.