Long to RT being considered...

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long - G - Bears
The Bears are considering moving RG Kyle Long to tackle.
Jordan Mills was a turnstile at right tackle last season, allowing six sacks and 31 hurries in 839 snaps. Long has excelled at right guard through his first two years in the league, but he would be more valuable to the team at right tackle. Free agent C Stefen Wisniewski is reportedly on the Bears radar, and could be a good stop-gap option at right guard if Long is moved.
Related: Stefen Wisniewski
Source: ESPN.com

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Wis at C and draft that Guard from Duke in the 2nd-3rd. Smashmouth football here we come!

Bushrod-Slauson-Wis-Duke Rookie-Long

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
When Suh was in our division I was formally against moving Long away from guard. Now, however, it seems more advantageous to us to slide him outside. I'm for it

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Why not just draft Scherff at 7 to play RT and keep Long at guard.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not just draft Scherff at 7 to play RT and keep Long at guard.

Scherff is nothing more than a future average guard at best. Long to tackle should only be considered in an emergency, no alternative, scenario. Why do so many dipshits on this board think that offensive lineman are just simple movable parts?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really hope we can sign Wisniewski......if so then I am all for this. I wonder if Garza would be better back at Guard then he was at center?

Svic

Liked Posts:
Scherff is nothing more than a future average guard at best. Long to tackle should only be considered in an emergency, no alternative, scenario. Why do so many dipshits on this board think that offensive lineman are just simple movable parts?

Because Long is simply sooo athletic that he can excel at RT and be amazing. Scheriff can be one of the best guards but no way he is a RT.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Long is simply sooo athletic that he can excel at RT and be amazing. Scheriff can be one of the best guards but no way he is a RT.

While I like Long, his run blocking is nothing to write home about. The interior OL is fine, don't piss around trying to fix something that needs no fixing.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
While I believe that Long probably has the skillset to excel at RT too, it's a bit of a risky move to move a player away from a position, on which he's played at a pro bowl-level. The expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. I know that RT is "broken" at the moment, as Jordan Mills just isn't a starting caliber player. But we could potentially be changing a pro bowl-guard into an average RT. Not a very good trade in my opinion.

But heck, if the coaching staff believes that Long could be good at RT as well, and thereby upgrading the line by making that move, I'd have to trust them.

Svic

Liked Posts:
While I believe that Long probably has the skillset to excel at RT too, it's a bit of a risky move to move a player away from a position, on which he's played at a pro bowl-level. The expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. I know that RT is "broken" at the moment, as Jordan Mills just isn't a starting caliber player. But we could potentially be changing a pro bowl-guard into an average RT. Not a very good trade in my opinion.

But heck, if the coaching staff believes that Long could be good at RT as well, and thereby upgrading the line by making that move, I'd have to trust them.

Thats why I think bears need to sign Barksdale or draft Paet who can be moved to LT after bushrod is done with the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyle Long - G - Bears
The Bears are considering moving RG Kyle Long to tackle.
Jordan Mills was a turnstile at right tackle last season, allowing six sacks and 31 hurries in 839 snaps. Long has excelled at right guard through his first two years in the league, but he would be more valuable to the team at right tackle. Free agent C Stefen Wisniewski is reportedly on the Bears radar, and could be a good stop-gap option at right guard if Long is moved.
Related: Stefen Wisniewski
Source: ESPN.com

Moving Wisniewski to guard really doesn't make much sense.