Look at San Francisco during these playoffs for an idea of the Bears' Offensive Identity

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
San Francisco has an exceptional O-line.

They are in the top 10 for rush yards for the regular season.

They have some of the most creative run packages in the NFL.

With Eberflus wanting to run a shanahan style offense, San Francisco is the most comparable offense you can find right now, especially given that it is a shanahan running it.

Now, I think Justin fields is a more talented quarterback than Jimmy g, so I see a lot more potential running this with fields.

But overall, look to San Francisco's offense if you want a sneak peek into what's in store for us given all the reports coming out now of how Eberflus wants to run the offense, combined with Poles' focus on offensive line play and offensive line talent.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

With Eberflus wanting to run a shanahan style offense, San Francisco is the most comparable offense you can find right now, especially given that it is a shanahan running it.

Now, I think Justin fields is a more talented quarterback than Jimmy g, so I see a lot more potential running this with fields.

But overall, look to San Francisco's offense if you want a sneak peek into what's in store for us given all the reports coming out now of how Eberflus wants to run the offense, combined with Poles' focus on offensive line play and offensive line talent.
I agree but unfortunately we don't have a Debo or Kittle.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"With Eberflus wanting to run a shanahan style offense, San Francisco is the most comparable offense you can find right now, especially given that it is a shanahan running it"
Thank you, Bill Walsh. Brilliant stuff.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I know it was reported he wanted to look at the Shanahan coaching tree. Did he actually say he wants to run a Shanahan style offense? Wasn’t it also reported that there will be no specific offense and they will create one for Fields?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
they will be tailoring an offense to maximize fields...it could be run heavy like shanny's offense and/or it can have parts of arians's offense where fields reads start from deep routes to short routes. the point is there is no single offense it will resemble based on what has been said.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:

Really good thoughts. It makes me excited.

Can't wait for FA and Draft. This year's draft, I think, will be underwhelming due to lack of picks, but it will also show how Poles will approach it too.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If we reached out to the GB coach I don't think he's set on running that system. Unless that GB coach comes from that tree?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we reached out to the GB coach I don't think he's set on running that system. Unless that GB coach comes from that tree?
I was wondering about that and I forget which reporter but one of them did confirm the Green bay coach does indeed come from that tree.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

This is an amazing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well if that's the case, look no further than the SF 49ers for the Shannahan offense because he coaches them
Hey, with Nagy wanting to run a Reid style offense, Kansas City is the most comparable offense you can find right now, especially given that it is Andy Reid running it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wait....want to run the ball...model you're O after the best most exotic run team in the nfl?

What a concept.

Now....can we plug in a

Top 2 end ala kittle
Top 2-3 left tackle ala williams
Top 1-2 playmanker ala debo
Top 2-3 fb ala jusczyk
Top 5 playcaller ala Shanahan
And find a kicker who never misses in the playoffs

Shouldn't be too hard

Last edited:

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
if the THREE pick 6’s that should of happened last week actually happened, we wouldn’t have this thread. No, you better have a QB that can throw the bal, put up points and go out and win a game for you. The 49ers have overachieved all year long, starting with the out worldly play from Deebo. They’ve had every single break go their way ever since the 17 point 2nd half comeback against LA to even make it into the playoffs. Shanahan has squeezed every single ounce of production out of that team.

Can you get lucky and have every possible break fall your way with a middle of the road QB? Sure you can, but I wouldn’t count on it. My point is not to say that the SF offense isn’t good enough to win. My point is you’re going to need a lot better play out of your QB than what Jimmy G has given them to have any type of sustained success. Any type of offense with a stud QB can win. We need Justin Fields to be a top tier QB if we’re going anywhere. As someone else mentioned, hopefully we can find a Deebo (Tyreek Hill) and Kittle (Kelce) type players and an O-line to help him get there.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey, with Nagy wanting to run a Reid style offense, Kansas City is the most comparable offense you can find right now, especially given that it is Andy Reid running it.
Why are you talking about Nagy like he matters going forward?

With the shotty O line last year the running game still actually worked... when used. All those 4th and 1s we passed the ball; the running game never got the respect it deserved because of Nagy. He's gone now.

IMO you can't cheat when it comes to offence, you must make the defense respect the line of scrimmage and the flats, then the mid game slants and outs... and I hesitate to say curl routs, every part of the field. Then you can take shots down the field because the defense must still try to stop the run, the most direct and quickest route from A to B.

Shanahan style does this and has a large pool of coaches to draw from when the inevitable OC rotation happens. You find the next guy that plays that style, it's not a huge difference in the play book that someone like Fields can go to the next year and still produce (obviously, I'm hopeful that Fields is the answer at QB at this time).

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
Why are you talking about Nagy like he matters going forward?

With the shotty O line last year the running game still actually worked... when used. All those 4th and 1s we passed the ball; the running game never got the respect it deserved because of Nagy. He's gone now.

IMO you can't cheat when it comes to offence, you must make the defense respect the line of scrimmage and the flats, then the mid game slants and outs... and I hesitate to say curl routs, every part of the field. Then you can take shots down the field because the defense must still try to stop the run, the most direct and quickest route from A to B.

Shanahan style does this and has a large pool of coaches to draw from when the inevitable OC rotation happens. You find the next guy that plays that style, it's not a huge difference in the play book that someone like Fields can go to the next year and still produce (obviously, I'm hopeful that Fields is the answer at QB at this time).
you are correct sir. Bears run game has effectiveness... take a seat Montgomery. lol it's stupid. it's like Nagy wanted to get fired, it just took 2 years longer than he hoped. also yes, he's gone, I don't know why he's used as like a current talking point or like he has any frame of reference to Reid or the Chiefs still. I'm only citing him to showcase what a dickhead he was.