Looking at Allen Robinson in a different light.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I was pretty critical of AR's uninspired play late in the season and while it is still not excusable, it is becoming much more understandable. Coach refuses to talk to you, team makes little effort to negotiate a deal, and team underutilized you.

I honestly would not be surprised if Nagy took AR out of game plans all season because of his petty spite.

Not sure that getting AR back on a smaller deal given his off year wouldn't be a good move.

Bigger question is how was a coach that repeatedly acted like a 14 year old school girl allowed to continue to coach. Every thing about the guy from his playsheet wallpaper, to his "BOOM", to his refusal to adjust to talent, to his refusal to adjust or give up playcalling despite the obvious deficiencies he had , screams little man's disease.

Matt Nagy ghosted Allen Robinson following Bears' 2020 season​

Alyssa Barbieri

January 29, 2022 12:15 pm CT

The Bears fired Matt Nagy following the end of a disappointing 2021 season, and it didn’t take long for some unflattering stories to surface about Nagy’s time in Chicago.
According to a feature by The Athletic‘s Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain, Nagy once blew off a meeting with quarterback Mitch Trubisky following the 2019 season. Now, a new story is surfacing from wide receiver Allen Robinson, who also got the cold shoulder from Nagy.
Robinson appeared on the Cut to It podcast with Steve Smith, where he explained how Nagy never had an exit interview with Robinson, as is custom, following the 2020 season.
“It wasn’t that I didn’t talk to him, we didn’t talk,” Robinson said. “I’m gonna say, ‘We didn’t talk,’ because from the time the season ended, on the plane after the Saints game, the following 24 to 48 hours, there’s some sort of exit meetings. For us, because of COVID, that was supposed to scheduled with the head coach and management, or whoever they were coordinating that, via Zoom. Talked to the receivers coach, talked to equipment, everybody else. Few days go by, no Zoom link. Week go by, no Zoom link.
“I was a pending free agent at that point. I didn’t know which direction they were wanting to go, either way or not, So for me, I’m waiting for that exit meeting so we can talk about this thing. Like, what do you all see, or think, in the foreseeable future, just to five me an idea. So for me it it’s supposed to be a Zoom link sent out to me, cool. Alright, I’m waiting for that Zoom link so we can chop it up and see what’s up. Even from a football side, from how do we improve next year? A week go by, no Zoom link. Two weeks, no Zoom. Now January, we’re into February, nope.”

With a new regime in place following the firings of Nagy and GM Ryan Pace, you have to wonder if perhaps new GM Ryan Poles and head coach Matt Eberflus could somehow convince Robinson to return.
In a way, it would be a clean slate with a new regime in place. But the more likely option is Robinson exploring free agency and finding the most bang for his buck.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I was pretty critical of AR's uninspired play late in the season and while it is still not excusable, it is becoming much more understandable.

Not sure that getting AR back on a smaller deal given his off year wouldn't be a good move.

Bigger question is how was a coach that repeatedly acted like a 14 year old school girl allowed to continue to coach. Every thing about the guy from his playsheet wallpaper, to his "BOOM", to his refusal to adjust to talent, to his refusal to adjust or give up playcalling despite the obvious deficiencies he had , screams little man's disease.

Matt Nagy ghosted Allen Robinson following Bears' 2020 season​

Alyssa Barbieri

January 29, 2022 12:15 pm CT

The Bears fired Matt Nagy following the end of a disappointing 2021 season, and it didn’t take long for some unflattering stories to surface about Nagy’s time in Chicago.
According to a feature by The Athletic‘s Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain, Nagy once blew off a meeting with quarterback Mitch Trubisky following the 2019 season. Now, a new story is surfacing from wide receiver Allen Robinson, who also got the cold shoulder from Nagy.
Robinson appeared on the Cut to It podcast with Steve Smith, where he explained how Nagy never had an exit interview with Robinson, as is custom, following the 2020 season.
“It wasn’t that I didn’t talk to him, we didn’t talk,” Robinson said. “I’m gonna say, ‘We didn’t talk,’ because from the time the season ended, on the plane after the Saints game, the following 24 to 48 hours, there’s some sort of exit meetings. For us, because of COVID, that was supposed to scheduled with the head coach and management, or whoever they were coordinating that, via Zoom. Talked to the receivers coach, talked to equipment, everybody else. Few days go by, no Zoom link. Week go by, no Zoom link.
“I was a pending free agent at that point. I didn’t know which direction they were wanting to go, either way or not, So for me, I’m waiting for that exit meeting so we can talk about this thing. Like, what do you all see, or think, in the foreseeable future, just to five me an idea. So for me it it’s supposed to be a Zoom link sent out to me, cool. Alright, I’m waiting for that Zoom link so we can chop it up and see what’s up. Even from a football side, from how do we improve next year? A week go by, no Zoom link. Two weeks, no Zoom. Now January, we’re into February, nope.”

With a new regime in place following the firings of Nagy and GM Ryan Pace, you have to wonder if perhaps new GM Ryan Poles and head coach Matt Eberflus could somehow convince Robinson to return.
In a way, it would be a clean slate with a new regime in place. But the more likely option is Robinson exploring free agency and finding the most bang for his buck.

Sounds like they may have the wrong email address?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fuck Allen 'the victim' Robinson... Allen ghosted the offense... go die bitch boi

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
So not excusable but still excusable.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AR trying to play the victim cuz he knows his market is shriveling up. Let someone else pay him 12 mil per to loaf. Screw Nagy, he quit on Justin Fields.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Both things can be true. Nagy can be a disaster and treat players unfairly but as players always say, it’s a business. Come to work ready to excel. He was still out there running routes.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Play, or don't play, there is no kinda play. If you put on the uniform, you honor it. I don't care about any circumstances. The fans paid full ticket prices to watch him play, and pay his 18 million dollar salary.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I dont like players that quit on the team, and would rather have those roster spots given to young guys who want to prove they have the grit to make it in the NFL.

However, Nagy's entire thing was rumored that despite his flaws, he is good to his players. He can take a hike for this two faced bs

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am not even saying I would want AR back after his loafing, but everyone acting like the shit situation is zero excuse for his play is comical. It's akin to when people roasts players for leaving for bigger money and having no loyalty, like they wouldn't do the same because they are so virtuous.

Let's say you have a contractual job making 100K and that contract is expiring, you have an offer from a company that has watched and liked your work to take a new project for a similar 100K for 4 years plus a 200k sign on bonus. Unfortunately your current employer has a non compete clause that allows him to keep you on for another year. He then refuses to talk about your employment future and spitefully proceeds to saddle you with shit work that makes you look unqualified to the company that offered you a new contract the year prior.

Are you telling me you would show up day after day to work on projects that are trash and affect your future earning potential with a smile on your face giving the guy that is fucking you your best effort?

The guy is human. It matters.

Again, not saying they should bring AR back, but the circumstances warrant looking into.

There is potential that he may actually be a value signing at a position of need, the new staff just needs to vet the whole situation with him and his teammates to see if there is anything there.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely would want AR back. He can be a very good WR. Why not keep a guy that has proven to be a good player? One less hole to fill. I do see his giving up as a strike against him, but in the rest of his career, have there been any other instances of him being lazy or selfish? I don't remember it. I have a lot of sympathy for AR. I would give him a one year, discounted, prove it deal. I trust new ownership and management to do the right thing here—keep him, or let him go. I'd like to see him stay. But I seem to be in the minority. Though if he does stay and plays well, I'm sure you all will be quiet and cheer him on again. Give the guy a break. We all fuck up.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I definitely would want AR back. He can be a very good WR. Why not keep a guy that have proven to be a good player? One less hole to fill. I do see his giving up as a strike against him, but in the rest of his career, have there been any other instances of him being lazy or selfish? I don't remember it. I have a lot of sympathy for AR. I would give him a one year, discounted, prove it deal. I trust new ownership and management to do the right thing here—keep him, or let him go. I'd like to see him stay. But I seem to be in the minority. Though if he does stay and plays well, I'm sure you all will be quiet and cheer him on again. Give the guy a break. We all fuck up.

Am I dreaming? Did they sell to Bezos?

I like how you’re sort of like “shit man, just give the guy another chance. What’s it matter to ya? You never made a mistake?“ like they’re hiring him to work at Wal Mart. “C’mon dude. Give the guy a shot man. He’s a good dude. I went to school with him”

Visionman

Liked Posts:
AR likely still thinks of himself as that 18M per year WR. Let someone else give it to him.

If he wants to prove himself here, he’ll have to do it on a lot cheaper deal.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AR may have an inflated sense of self but the more I read about Nagy the less I like him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I dreaming? Did they sell to Bezos?

I like how you’re sort of like “shit man, just give the guy another chance. What’s it matter to ya? You never made a mistake?“ like they’re hiring him to work at Wal Mart. “C’mon dude. Give the guy a shot man. He’s a good dude. I went to school with him”
I'm just saying, based on everything that I've read, I'd give him another shot. We have such huge expectations for these athletes. I can understand why he gave up. I don't like it, but I'd give him one more shot. If he did it again under new management, that was using him right, better play-calling, supporting Fields, and then he quit? Gone. I like AR.