Looking into 2022..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys win that round. You certainly have me there and got me to laugh sadly at the tomb of white sox forum.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Agreed. This is more of a you issue. You flip flop each time someone has a good appearance

No he can.e in doing well. He did well until a blister. Then he doesn't do well.

Jed is locking up a 26 man on a 8 year project.

That is not a flip flop. It is sceptical of a player and hoping for the best because the talent is that good.

At the end of the day 8 years is long enough. I had hope but it is time to invest. This year Jed did it and it worked.

I'm not saying dump into a closer. I like Wick in that role. I like Hauer as his 8th inning. I like Weick as a late inning lefty. But they need vets to stabilize it and lengthen the pen.

Ya it would have been nice to see Maples finally figure it out. But come on now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maples could have been Kimbrel. That is his talent. He has never been able to harness it.

If there was option years then yes. Right now I would let him go as a free agent and resign as a minor league player. But another team will nab him thinking that they can make it work. Way it happens.

But at the end of the day. If you keep pounding the nail and it bends. Time to buy a nail gun.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But don't get me wrong. I would love to see Tom green light 200M. Dump into Gausman and Rodon. Shock the market.

It is wishfull.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
But don't get me wrong. I would love to see Tom green light 200M. Dump into Gausman and Rodon. Shock the market.

It is wishfull.
I think it is easy to sign Rodon, it mirrors Lester a bit. Lefties age well, and even if he is hurt 20% of the time he will still be a great value. Especially now since he has dropped a bit he will decrease in cost.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think it is easy to sign Rodon, it mirrors Lester a bit. Lefties age well, and even if he is hurt 20% of the time he will still be a great value. Especially now since he has dropped a bit he will decrease in cost.

On my wish list he is #1. Adding him pushes Marquez into closing which suits his arm slot better. Which changes the dynamic of the pen.

I would offer Rodon 6/120. Scale it upwards with lock in and opt outs.

You are correct that his history will make teams shy away.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Days like today feel like we are gonna be good next year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Days like today feel like we are gonna be good next year.
What an idiot. Go back to the desert called the Sox Forum. Took the Sox 5 years to be competitive....only a handful of these AAA players will be here next year but I'll bet the Cubs still get it done sooner. Love how the 3 Sox fans on CCS think they have a WS team....guess again. They have the softest schedule in baseball.....100 plus games vs sub .500 teams. Congrats on beating up the trash....it'll get you a spot in the playoffs. Why don't you check and see how they've done vs winning teams....under .500, ace. And FYI, there are no trash teams in the playoffs to get fat on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an idiot. Go back to the desert called the Sox Forum. Took the Sox 5 years to be competitive....only a handful of these AAA players will be here next year but I'll bet the Cubs still get it done sooner. Love how the 3 Sox fans on CCS think they have a WS team....guess again. They have the softest schedule in baseball.....100 plus games vs sub .500 teams. Congrats on beating up the trash....it'll get you a spot in the playoffs. Why don't you check and see how they've done vs winning teams....under .500, ace. And FYI, there are no trash teams in the playoffs to get fat on.
I'd be sensitive too after the grossest fire sale I have ever seen in sports history.

Let's check back after the Cubs struggle to 65 wins for the next 5 years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If he gets even worse, he will be even cheaper!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, first of all, Ricketts is not going to go out and spend $200M next year, but if he did, there would be never ending whining from Cubs fans that they would not give it to the core from 2016, but will give it to "strangers".

I am by no means saying it would be wrong to spend that on FA's. But sooooo many Cub fans would turn it into a negative.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bigger question is,. Was Tommy Nance using illegal substance?

Pre enforcement 3200 RPM on the 4. After 2600 and a ticket back to Iowa.

Now back with a 2 Seam and tailing action.

I have to say yep he was cheating. Cubs shuttled him away and reworked his pitch mix to get something useful.