Looks like Del Negro will be back in the NBA.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The Los Angeles Clippers have narrowed their coaching search to current Dallas assistant coach Dwane Casey and former Chicago head coach Vinny Del Negro, sources close to the situation said on Friday.

Casey and Del Negro were the last two finalists for the Bulls job.

The most recent list circulating in the media included ESPN analyst Mark Jackson, former Minnesota coach and executive Kevin McHale, Utah assistant Tyrone Corbin and former Atlanta Hawks head coach Mike Woodson. The Clippers also had conversations with Houston assistant Elston Turner two weeks ago.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...rrow_search_to_casey_del_negro/#ixzz0ryMAxXRV

Del Negro is a much better coach than Casey, so I really can't see the Clippers not hiring Del Negro at this point, especially with the way he developed Derrick Rose and Taj Gibson and how the Clippers will want to develop Brook Lopez.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What??? I don't think Del Negro is better than Casey at all...matter of fact, I don't think Del Negro is that good a coach at all...couldn't disagree more...

Furthermore, the Clips won't get Lebron if they hire Del Negro...I am almost sure of that...so yeah, do it...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
it's the clippers! what do you expect.

i hope they get VDN. They'll have to sell lebron on VDN.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
What??? I don't think Del Negro is better than Casey at all...matter of fact, I don't think Del Negro is that good a coach at all...couldn't disagree more...

Furthermore, the Clips won't get Lebron if they hire Del Negro...I am almost sure of that...so yeah, do it...

I think the Clippers pretty much know they're not getting Lebron anyhow, so I doubt they care too much about that.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
on paper they sound really good

davis
gordon
deng
griffin
kaman

there sf at the moment is a good rebouner, but he really doesnt ahve a game away from the basket. he needs a jump shot.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
The Los Angeles Clippers have narrowed their coaching search to current Dallas assistant coach Dwane Casey and former Chicago head coach Vinny Del Negro, sources close to the situation said on Friday.

The most recent list circulating in the media included ESPN analyst Mark Jackson, former Minnesota coach and executive Kevin McHale, Utah assistant Tyrone Corbin and former Atlanta Hawks head coach Mike Woodson. The Clippers also had conversations with Houston assistant Elston Turner two weeks ago.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...rrow_search_to_casey_del_negro/#ixzz0ryMAxXRV

Del Negro is a much better coach than Casey, so I really can't see the Clippers not hiring Del Negro at this point, especially with the way he developed Derrick Rose and Taj Gibson and how the Clippers will want to develop Brook Lopez.

blake griffin...?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
??? ?????? wrote:

Good for Vinny I guess. And the Clippers don't have Brook Lopez, I assume you meant Griffin?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
If Vinny goes to the Clippers will he blow out a knee on the sidelines?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
it would suck if he lost that rocken mullet of his.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Lebron had probably not read this yet, when he invited the Clipps to his free agent pow wow thursday. No chance they get him now!

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i think lebron is attempting to obtain some leverage over the bulls, miami, and possibly cleveland by holding a summit with crappy teams like the knicks/LAC. hopefully, he can convince Reinsdorf that signing JJ is a terrible idea.

that or it's just a formality.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Leverage for what? He can't get more than the max. I think he is just being a drama queen and probably won't sign till Saturday.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
leverage in terms who the team signs?

also the guy is crushing the hopes and dreams of all his fans in cleveland. i think he draws it out, to make ti appear as if he struggled over the deliberation. At least that way the cavs can save some face. imagine he bolts within 2 hours of free agency. it would look ridiculous. even more ridiculous than the cleveland roster.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
if i was lebron, i'd tell the bulls to screw JJ. sign bosh.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
LeBron's holding the FA summit to be respectful enough to at least hear everyone out before making a decision. I don't think that he's playing up the drama, visiting each city would be drama.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Del Negro is not much better than Casey, in fact, he's not even close. Any person who's ever played basketball, hell, even watched basketball knows Vinny is an awful coach. No offensive plays to speak of, horrible rotations, & horrendous use of time outs. Yes he let Rose play through his mistakes, which I'm pretty certain was a mandate from management, plus the kid is so good you couldn't not play him. But developed Taj? C'mon. Taj is a hard worker who was a 24 yr old rookie & was the Pac-10 DPOY. Hard work & consistency is what won him the starting job. And Vinny was not coaching the bigs, that was Sidney Green's job.

And as many have pointed out, it's Blake Griffin, not Brooke Lopez. You're worse at getting names right than VDN. :cheer: