Looks like Leftwich is going to the Jags.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Sources: Byron Leftwich in contract discussions with Jaguars, expected to be hired as new head coach

The Jacksonville Jaguars’ head coach search is coming to an end, and a familiar face seems to be at the top of the list: Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. While the Jaguars have interviewed a number of candidates to replace Urban Meyer, Leftwich has been a strong contender for the position from the start.

According to league sources not authorized to speak publicly, the former Jaguars quarterback was involved in contract discussions with the team that launched Tuesday night after meeting with the leadership of the team, including owner Shad Khan, for roughly eight hours. Barring an unexpected breakdown in those ongoing discussions, Leftwich is expected to ultimately finalize a deal and become the Jaguars’ new head coach.

If this is legit, and it seem it is, this means that we are not getting this dude. Ah well.

Daboll or the D Coaches they have lined up to interview today, I guess.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This has been pretty expected for a long time. Good fit for both imo.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good for them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jags taking one for the (Bears) team. Another potential disaster averted. The Ryan Poles is disaster proof so he likely already scoffed at the idea of Leftwich

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't know what to think. Haven't a clue if he'll be good or bad at this.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know what to think. Haven't a clue if he'll be good or bad at this.
Agreed. Good for Leftwich though; going back to the city/team that drafted him. If he's like me, he'll spend the first few months thinking, "Man this place has changed so much since I lived here!!"

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its a big risk for them but at this point what do they have to lose? Their franchise has been trash.

He is talented, but only 6 years of NFL coaching experience. Well, that's 6 years more than their last coach had. LOL.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Brady was not impressed with him.
1st —- Brady won a Super Bowl with him

2nd —- he is being hired to be a “Head Coach” — not the Offensive Coordinator. There are many who believe Byron’s greatest talent is leadership and an ability to inspire people to be their best. That is something often overlooked when it comes to these offensive guru types. He brings it!

And yeah, he has some offensive chops too.

Good move for the Jags. In this market, he seems like the best fit for them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sources: Byron Leftwich in contract discussions with Jaguars, expected to be hired as new head coach

The Jacksonville Jaguars’ head coach search is coming to an end, and a familiar face seems to be at the top of the list: Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. While the Jaguars have interviewed a number of candidates to replace Urban Meyer, Leftwich has been a strong contender for the position from the start.

According to league sources not authorized to speak publicly, the former Jaguars quarterback was involved in contract discussions with the team that launched Tuesday night after meeting with the leadership of the team, including owner Shad Khan, for roughly eight hours. Barring an unexpected breakdown in those ongoing discussions, Leftwich is expected to ultimately finalize a deal and become the Jaguars’ new head coach.

If this is legit, and it seem it is, this means that we are not getting this dude. Ah well.

Tell us more, Nostradamus.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do know it’s going to take time for him to grow into the role. Hope they have patience with him…
Don't see how that's different for any Coordinator moving up. That team can only get better so I suspect patience won't be an issue.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

#Calledit

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm really hoping to see R.Poles interview more people than just the 3 that are going in for 2nd interviews in Caldwell who had his yesterday, Eberflus and Quinn. If it only ends up being those three then the rumors will be flying.