Looks like Pace and Nagy have job security for a few years

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Time will tell if that is a good thing or bad thing. But had heard a good point on the score on if Pace was on the hot seat and in win now mode. Basically if he moved up in the draft to get a QB he was not in win now mode, rookie QBs a lot of the time dont see the field the first year and even if they do the inconsistent play rookies usually have does not translate to winning seasons.

So if George told Pace he needs to have a winning season in 2021, Pace would of drafted players that would help right away, and thats not a QB. So it looks like Pace is operating under the idea that he is going to be here for a few more years..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Yeah I like the pick but unfortunately it will buy the bears shitty gm 5 more years and a 3rd head coaching hire. Nagy is gone next year. I think pace is figured out how stubborn he is.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I don't think Nagy or Pace were fighting for their jobs like some think. I think it would have taken a three win season or something like that to get them fired. They just fired up the whole fanbase with the Fields pick. They are golden.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This isn't necessarily true.
what do you mean? If you are in win now mode.. using multiple picks to draft a player that will help you win in 2-3 years does nothing for wining NOW. Thats the point. IF Pace was told he has to win in 2021 then he would of used every pic to try and put enough talent around AD to make him hopefully squeak out enough wins to save his job.

Now I'm not saying that things might not change if everything goes to hell this year, But Pace is operating and drafting based on him having job security for the next few years.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
George McCaskey doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to give ultimatum's. He has made bad decision after bad decision since taking over for his brother in 2011. I don't think he's stupid, he realizes he is in over his head. Unfortunately they have no gatekeeper at the president position, Ted Phillips is about as clueless as having that Special person @Perspective running the team.

Mortgaging future draft picks means shit-all to Ted/George so long as it puts money in their pockets, so the trade for Fields doesn't make it any less or difficult to move on from the dynamic duo if the team flops in 2021.

For those of you who think that the Bears have singed Tweetle dee and dum to extensions, that info would have been leaked.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If Nagy cannot put points on the board with Mitch, Foles, Dalton, and Fields - he's going to get fired.

Needing 3 or 4 years to see what you got isn't the paradigm anymore. Hasn't been for almost 10 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Depends. If Fields looks like the real deal then yeah. If he struggles then I think they can still be fired.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If Nagy cannot put points on the board with Mitch, Foles, Dalton, and Fields - he's going to get fired.

Needing 3 or 4 years to see what you got isn't the paradigm anymore. Hasn't been for almost 10 years.
This is the first QB pick that Pace and Nagy have made together. It's certainly possible that Nagy said "I can win with this guy" and Pace went with it, opposed to seemingly just liking Mitch the nice guy enough to take him 2nd overall and hope for the best.

I have been saying that Pace is safer than most people think and this pretty much proves it. The Bears brass wouldn't have approved trading a future 1st for a QB if they didn't have some confidence in the guy(s) making the pick.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Depends. If Fields looks like the real deal then yeah. If he struggles then I think they can still be fired.
Well of course they can be fired at any time, thats not what this is about, Its about Pace operating right now under the idea that he has job security.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If Fields turns out to be a legit QB, everyone will praise Pace, including myself. He will be here for the long term but Nagy would be the big question mark.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't know how to break it to you guys, but Pace isn't going anywhere. He's where Ted was in '98-'99. He's on the verge of being a McCaskey made man.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Time will tell if that is a good thing or bad thing. But had heard a good point on the score on if Pace was on the hot seat and in win now mode. Basically if he moved up in the draft to get a QB he was not in win now mode, rookie QBs a lot of the time dont see the field the first year and even if they do the inconsistent play rookies usually have does not translate to winning seasons.

So if George told Pace he needs to have a winning season in 2021, Pace would of drafted players that would help right away, and thats not a QB. So it looks like Pace is operating under the idea that he is going to be here for a few more years..

If the Bears dont field a high caliber nfl offense this season both Pace and Nagy will be fired . They have always fell back on needing the right guy at the most important position and now they have their guy so if they field another bottom half offense they are both gonna be fired .

Not having fans in the stands gave a lot of people the impression that the fanbase is not really tired of the BS . They basically got a pass last year they wont get another

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
If they sit him all year (expect the last game or two) i doubt either is getting fired unless they go 0-17

They can sell the "unknown" futue/ franchise qb

That said, if he's clearly ready to play and better than dalton/foles he should play...and if he looks awful and they team is bad, anything is possible but I'd still think they're safe

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
George McCaskey doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to give ultimatum's. He has made bad decision after bad decision since taking over for his brother in 2011. I don't think he's stupid, he realizes he is in over his head. Unfortunately they have no gatekeeper at the president position, Ted Phillips is about as clueless as having that ****** @Perspective running the team.

Mortgaging future draft picks means shit-all to Ted/George so long as it puts money in their pockets, so the trade for Fields doesn't make it any less or difficult to move on from the dynamic duo if the team flops in 2021.

For those of you who think that the Bears have singed Tweetle dee and dum to extensions, that info would have been leaked.
Hi!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I have him on ignore but I'm assuming that @PrideisBears bumped this as some counter argument about Fields? What does me posting what was said on the score about Pace have to do with Fields? It's dumb things like this that makes me glad I have him on ignore..