Looks like the NFL regular season will start on time..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is it okay for us to be happy that football will be back or no?
Sports in order of importance

1. NFL
2. NHL
3. GLOW
4. WNBA
5. MLS
6. NASCAR
7. MLB/NBA

BE HAPPY THAT FOOTBALL LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE PLAYED

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
That and everything happened so early - I thought that things would have been settled down before August.
Next time don't think so hard.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Most essential workers had to go to work and overall make very little money to do so!

the players in professional sports can go out and play as it now more than ever will help society by providing entertainment.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meh, With all the players getting screened, limited attendance in the stadiums, the players will be safer (in terms of covid-19 exposure) than they would if they went to their local supermarket.

Exactly

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most essential workers had to go to work and overall make very little money to do so!

the players in professional sports can go out and play as it now more than ever will help society by providing entertainment.

Lol

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
13 players on the University of Texas have or are presumed to have covid. How exactly is this gonna work? I'm calling it.... NO FOOTBALL THIS YEAR. It sucks, but seriously how can anyone think they're gonna let this happen????

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
13 players on the University of Texas have or are presumed to have covid. How exactly is this gonna work? I'm calling it.... NO FOOTBALL THIS YEAR. It sucks, but seriously how can anyone think they're gonna let this happen????

I figured they'd just play in empty stadiums and continue social distancing, but I think there's a strong possibility the season gets cancelled. I haven't been following MLB or the NBA, but they still haven't come up with anything firm.

Think about this...

Imagine, someone bringing covid-19 into the locker room and 5 or 6 starters getting it and a HC - the season is basically over right there. How many games would they have to miss? I hear ppl talking about 2 weeks, but it's gotta be at least 4 or 5.

Imagine Khalil Mack, Nagy, Eddie Jackson, and Montgomery all getting covid-19 around week 5...lol. Season over.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The games would be easier to manage than other times. You could swab test all the player at the last available moment before a game. If you don't have enough virus for a positive, you can't infect another but how do you keep that out of the locker room for required practices. There's serious injury concerns without enough practice and working out.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Imagine any starting QB getting it? A few games without your key player ends playoff chances for most teams.

If we ultimately have football this year, I bet that the teams with good running offenses are going to have better success. Adequate RBs are easier to find and replace than a QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I figured they'd just play in empty stadiums and continue social distancing, but I think there's a strong possibility the season gets cancelled. I haven't been following MLB or the NBA, but they still haven't come up with anything firm.

Think about this...

Imagine, someone bringing covid-19 into the locker room and 5 or 6 starters getting it and a HC - the season is basically over right there. How many games would they have to miss? I hear ppl talking about 2 weeks, but it's gotta be at least 4 or 5.

Imagine Khalil Mack, Nagy, Eddie Jackson, and Montgomery all getting covid-19 around week 5...lol. Season over.

Interesting that you threw Nagy in there.... I figured most Bears fans would think getting rid of Nagy would be an improvement. Or has the torch and pitchfork crowd mellowed?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
most of the virus is spread through super spreader events and almost all inhaled, the most dangerous places would be bus/plane/locker room....small enclosed areas with a lot of people talking/exhaling. The actual death rate according to our own CDC...for people under 50 is at or below that of the flu. African Americans for reasons they haven't discovered yet seem to be at higher risk.

the virus is rarely spread outdoors, fans being packed in and yelling could be dangerous however.

As time goes on the virus will become less lethal, that is the nature of virus. They sequenced one in AZ last month that was missing elements. Humans are not the host vector for this specific strain so it is a dead end and like SARS once gone this strain is over, until someone/something in China release yet another SARS event.

Hydroxychoroquine is being used as a prophylaxis in India for police/healthcare workers with great results

Some of these stadiums have been piping in fan noise for years it will be interesting to see if the league has a way to govern...if there are no fans present how to regulate just how loud the fake noise is allowed to be...imagine that god awful bears siren in an empty cavernous stadium, it would be ear splitting as people absorb sound

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
most of the virus is spread through super spreader events and almost all inhaled, the most dangerous places would be bus/plane/locker room....small enclosed areas with a lot of people talking/exhaling. The actual death rate according to our own CDC...for people under 50 is at or below that of the flu. African Americans for reasons they haven't discovered yet seem to be at higher risk.

the virus is rarely spread outdoors, fans being packed in and yelling could be dangerous however.

As time goes on the virus will become less lethal, that is the nature of virus. They sequenced one in AZ last month that was missing elements. Humans are not the host vector for this specific strain so it is a dead end and like SARS once gone this strain is over, until someone/something in China release yet another SARS event.

Hydroxychoroquine is being used as a prophylaxis in India for police/healthcare workers with great results

Some of these stadiums have been piping in fan noise for years it will be interesting to see if the league has a way to govern...if there are no fans present how to regulate just how loud the fake noise is allowed to be...imagine that god awful bears siren in an empty cavernous stadium, it would be ear splitting as people absorb sound

this post is all kinda of wrong! Hydroxycloriquine isn’t recommended by any body in the United States! It’s been proven by multiple studies to not only not be effective but dangerous.

players in the huddle are bad news, tackles are bad news, god forbid pileups.

I guess mouth pieces would be some sort of defense But not like an n95.

how do you monitor the players outside of the game and if they become infected and contagious, it’s going to spread to their teammates unless they have daily testing.

I want to have a season but as this thing seems to be gaining steam again due to the lax in restrictions which I’m not debating, just stating facts as it’s common sense that it’ll spread with more people in contact. The season is in serious jeopardy.

I’ve stated before that if they do have the season some teams will be lucky and some unlucky bc if you lose your qb or any couple of important players at important times of the season then you’re screwed.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that you threw Nagy in there.... I figured most Bears fans would think getting rid of Nagy would be an improvement. Or has the torch and pitchfork crowd mellowed?

I just wanted to illustrate the idea if a playcaller came down with covid-19. We could use Pagano instead.

Pitch forks still sharp, torches still burning bright.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think there's a strong possibility the season gets cancelled.

I think that you want COVID to be more serious than it is, for reasons unknown to me. Its simple, if a player tests positive, its a 2 week quarantine per CDC guidelines unless the player becomes seriously ill.

So throughout the season, you will have some players missing about 2 weeks at a time.

Baseball and the NBA season hit at a time where we didn't know much about the virus. Now we do. The only question is will they allow fans, and if so, how many.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that you want COVID to be more serious than it is

With 120,000 deaths in the USA in about 4 months....whether I want it to be serious or not doesn't really matter.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
this post is all kinda of wrong! Hydroxycloriquine isn’t recommended by any body in the United States! It’s been proven by multiple studies to not only not be effective but dangerous.

players in the huddle are bad news, tackles are bad news, god forbid pileups.

I guess mouth pieces would be some sort of defense But not like an n95.

how do you monitor the players outside of the game and if they become infected and contagious, it’s going to spread to their teammates unless they have daily testing.

I want to have a season but as this thing seems to be gaining steam again due to the lax in restrictions which I’m not debating, just stating facts as it’s common sense that it’ll spread with more people in contact. The season is in serious jeopardy.

I’ve stated before that if they do have the season some teams will be lucky and some unlucky bc if you lose your qb or any couple of important players at important times of the season then you’re screwed.

the opposite of true, the Lancet study has been retracted entirely, the VA study was also retracted

India, which has significantly higher participation is seeing amazing results

i could literally post 20 of these from other countries who have very low death rates....if you think big pharma isn't a thing i've got news for you

Every country using HCQ at early onset has a lower IFR than us

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Hopefully it will keep all the NFL thugs from getting arrested out in real life. There is going to be such a big push to kneel for the anthem that players who might have opted to not play due to the risks are going to want to play just so they can be shown on TV kneeling for the anthem.
Baseball is the least contact sport, but tell them you cant pat eachother on the ass or spit and they cant figure out how to play.

Your name checks out.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To stay on the subject of the op, the season *could* start on time if those idiots in Texas dont ruin it for everyone.

First they are going through a spike in general, which was totally avoidable, then two professional teams have players testing positive (we know Zeke wasn't following any guidelines), and now the Longhorns have 14 player positive.

Time to get the players into a bubble if this season is going to happen.