Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What most people ignored / forgot is that all three of those regular season games.. literally one bounce the Heat way and they sweep the Bulls in the regular season.. that's how close all those games were.
That's why those wins felt so dang good

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I told everyone this would happen if you put him on an island.

He was battling...but we expect him to be three men and take on two wherever he is on the court.

Front court has no legitimate depth to face a typical team with 3 good bigs.

If your guards box out and rebound like mother fuckers it can be ok, and ours are trying, but the guy is hung out to dry.

Best you can do in that situation is put your body on the opposing center and hope your team wins the ball and gets everything that makes it to the floor.
Great post but I don't see that. Game is too fast for him at this point.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hmm I wonder what the bulls have to offer in a trade to get a solid big man…

…now that everyone is finally seeing it and agreeing it needs to be addressed

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hmm I wonder what the bulls have to offer in a trade to get a solid big man…

…now that everyone is finally seeing it and agreeing it needs to be addressed
Picks, Coby, TBJ, DJJ, Green, Bradley. I’d rather keep DJJ and Green…but I’d shop TBJ/Bradley/Coby/Picks all day long

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
My overall point is that you're going to see ups and downs throughout the regular season, particularly with a team that isn't accustomed to winning. So Vuc' early struggles really might not mean much of anything. I also recall a Bulls team that swept a season series against a team that beat them 4-1 in the playoffs.
We must also remember that that was a great defensive team with an inept offensive scheme and no shooters around Rose that we all complained about. This team is different. Just about everyone can shoot or distribute. I used to hate those days of winning 84-76.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Picks, Coby, TBJ, DJJ, Green, Bradley. I’d rather keep DJJ and Green…but I’d shop TBJ/Bradley/Coby/Picks all day long
Yeah, but you’re not getting anything of value in return for TBJ or Bradley. DJJ like you said, I’d like to see stick around, like green. Cobys value is probably at an all time low, but hopefully a GM will think all he needs is a change of scenery

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but you’re not getting anything of value in return for TBJ or Bradley. DJJ like you said, I’d like to see stick around, like green. Cobys value is probably at an all time low, but hopefully a GM will think all he needs is a change of scenery
Unfortunately I can’t see any team wanting Coby. Bulls would have to attach a pick and even then, not sure the return would be good. I wonder what it would take for Sac to part with Harrison Barnes. He’s playing great and the Kings prob won’t be relevant in my lifetime

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Unfortunately I can’t see any team wanting Coby. Bulls would have to attach a pick and even then, not sure the return would be good. I wonder what it would take for Sac to part with Harrison Barnes. He’s playing great and the Kings prob won’t be relevant in my lifetime
I like the player, but he still wouldn’t solve the bulls weakness of interior defense and rebounding. They gotta find a guy with size that can do those things, and be a reliable midrange shooter to keep opposing defenses honest.

and yeah, if coby holds no real value to any other GM’s, then the bulls better hope the buy out time period goes there way

as it is, it’ll be grueling just to get to that point in the season when buy outs happen like @Raskolnikov has pointed out

I was hoping Bradley could be that guy, but he has some pretty poor hands

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I like the player, but he still wouldn’t solve the bulls weakness of interior defense and rebounding. They gotta find a guy with size that can do those things, and be a reliable midrange shooter to keep opposing defenses honest.

and yeah, if coby holds no real value to any other GM’s, then the bulls better hope the buy out time period goes there way

as it is, it’ll be grueling just to get to that point in the season when buy outs happen like @Raskolnikov has pointed out

I was hoping Bradley could be that guy, but he has some pretty poor hands
Won’t provide much interior D but he’s a solid rebounder. He’d essentially play the P-Will role 5x better than Williams would have this year

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Won’t provide much interior D but he’s a solid rebounder. He’d essentially play the P-Will role 5x better than Williams would have this year
Yeah, just not sure that’s enough. Plus, they would have to trade DJJ, TBJ, and Coby just to make the salaries match. Matching the salaries is going to be the challenge

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah, just not sure that’s enough. Plus, they would have to trade DJJ, TBJ, and Coby just to make the salaries match. Matching the salaries is going to be the challenge
Very true.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This thread aged well. Vuc is an all star and they more than makeup for the size with the quick hands of Ball and Caruso. They must be close to leading the league in fast break points. But yeah, the Bulls could def use some size inside.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This thread aged well. Vuc is an all star and they more than makeup for the size with the quick hands of Ball and Caruso. They must be close to leading the league in fast break points. But yeah, the Bulls could def use some size inside.
They're 7th in the league. Golden State is #1.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Feels as though we are in a holding pattern. I think the FO saw the potential of the lineup they created but wasn't quite sure. We are maximizing what we have and getting the most out of pieces around of big 4 right now. We are a big and bench scorer away from title contending. In theory, PWill and Coby fully healthy and top of their game are those pieces but windows can close so quickly in this league. Right now, the hold is the buyout market or trading those futures for the now to prevent burning Zach and DeRozen out come playoff time. Donovan is right now doing a 'coach of the year' type job keeping this up till we can figure out how to fill the holes.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vuce is the third best player on the Bulls
in my opinion. I think that he's just as valuable to this team as Lonzo, at least right now - not so sure about 2 or 3 years from now.