onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The Bears actually ran a screen, and ran it successfully.

Downfield blocking was executed well and Cunningham’s vision was great. And then the coaching staff continued with “business as usual.”

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Downfield blocking was executed well and Cunningham’s vision was great. And then the coaching staff continued with “business as usual.”

Yes, it is like if they do something that works they don't go back to it. Bizarro World.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is like if they do something that works they don't go back to it. Bizarro World.

I know its insane. The screen to Shaheen on the first drive was awesome too and then they never ran it again....

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

And the Packers called the right D for the screen too. That’s another baffling part. Faux and Co seem comfortable in calling plays that rarely set up the QB to succeed.

Reactions: Myk

ob1force

Liked Posts:

Trubisky was really getting into rhythm at the end of the first half. I thought, "hey there may be something there; perhaps they play a bit more aggressive in the second half now."

Should have known better. Back to the inevitable RRPP tune right out the gate.

Young QB finds his groove then coaches decide to reel him back again. Go figure.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Best post of the day...lmao!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that the announcers even were amazed at how inept Fox and Loggains were in that game. Run Run Pass Punt..........Repeat the next time you get the ball. I can just here the defense on the sidelines now. Don't sit down, boys, we will be on the field again in five minutes. I can see the locker-room exploding soon unless they fire Fox today. This is on Pace, now. Bring Fangio as interim HC and send feelers out for interest outside the organization. Toub, Harbaugh, Shaw, et al.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

They did that with Rex too. I hated Rex's game but even I saw crossing routes that worked only to rarely see them played again.

I would love to know why different staff, same old shit. It's like there's a Papa Bear rule book that says to have defenders give a 5+ yard cushion to receivers and if something works don't overuse it...except the run.
But even if there was an outdated Bears football rule book I'd think someone would have the balls to refuse to use it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great play call

Great execution

Turnover

#Foxy

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that the announcers even were amazed at how inept Fox and Loggains were in that game. Run Run Pass Punt..........Repeat the next time you get the ball. I can just here the defense on the sidelines now. Don't sit down, boys, we will be on the field again in five minutes. I can see the locker-room exploding soon unless they fire Fox today. This is on Pace, now. Bring Fangio as interim HC and send feelers out for interest outside the organization. Toub, Harbaugh, Shaw, et al.

How about down 10 in the 4th quarter with 8 minutes left and they ran the ball twice to start the drive?

My friends were dying laughing at the Bears, and they are Colts fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

i know. In the first quarter they threw a pass which Cohen bobbled then caught. Announcer talked about him leading the team in receptions and what a threat he was. Don't remember him running a play again?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about down 10 in the 4th quarter with 8 minutes left and they ran the ball twice to start the drive?

Yeah. I was screaming at the TV on those two runs:(

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I don’t blame your friends. I would be laughing as well if it wasn’t the Bears. Man this is due the McCaskeys. Before the Trestman era and now this. I’m really depressed right now thinking Trestman had more wins in two years than this coaching staff in 2 1/2 years. When Gase left, so did the offense’s credibility.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The successful screen was merely a smokescreen for their patented "no need to guess what we're gonna do" play calling.