D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My pooches are my kids- as a matter of fact i spend more time and effort on my dogs than my brother has with his kids... no exaggeration.

I suffered a heartbreaking loss in november, lost my old guy to a several years long battle with congestive heart failure.
Crushing to me, but there was a silver lining.

My little lady that I had left became more and more inconsolable and lonely, and the behavior changed drastically.
Although we werent ready, she was, so we put feelers out.

The rescue place I have a relationship with did not have any appropriate dogs...good for them and good for the dogs that everyone had homes, bad for me and my pooch.

Out of the blue, we get a call from someone that heard of a dog that was hit by a car and the owners could not care for him or afford the surgery.

phone calls were placed, arrangements made, and all of a sudden i am the caretaker for the sweetest young pooch that had a nightmare scenario.

The before and after x-rays are below... just x-rays, nothing graphic.
We were able to save his leg and now have a wonderful addition to the family and plan on giving him the best life a dog can have.
It hurt to lose my old buddy, but gave me an opportunity to really make a difference to a family in need and a dog in need.

again, just x-rays, all the surgery was successful, but still it is hard to look at.
I love dogs-LOVE THEM. They are pure. They are never petty or spiteful. That said, I could never put my dog (who I adore) on equal footing as my children. There’s no comparison.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

More zebras!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I am a grown ass adult with no kids... but I still go to goeberts every year.
That place is awesome.
When I leave I buy a bag of apple cider donuts and a quart of apple cider. I tell myself I wont wolf it all down in one day, but I always do.

Last edited by a moderator:

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw a bull trying to fuck a donkey on my way to work today.
Haha!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have started a small zoo in my home.

3 Chinchilla kits (9-10 months old)
2 Gerbils (12 months old)
1 Grass Spider female
921309328120938901831902 Grass spider babies.

Also have a small cricket farm going in a 20 gal tote, and a few fruit fly cultures going, to feed the spiders.

Crickets require almost no maintenance and the fruit flies, you literally just put a powder with water into the bottom of a cup, toss in enough to breed, seal it up, ignore it until its full of a them.

Fun hobbies, Chinchillas are fun but take serious patience and persistence.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donkey was off by herself today and looked to be more at ease.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I have started a small zoo in my home.

3 Chinchilla kits (9-10 months old)
2 Gerbils (12 months old)
1 Grass Spider female
921309328120938901831902 Grass spider babies.

Also have a small cricket farm going in a 20 gal tote, and a few fruit fly cultures going, to feed the spiders.

Crickets require almost no maintenance and the fruit flies, you literally just put a powder with water into the bottom of a cup, toss in enough to breed, seal it up, ignore it until its full of a them.

Fun hobbies, Chinchillas are fun but take serious patience and persistence.
who TF grows fruit flys?!

Apparently you don't have any plants....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
who TF grows fruit flys?!

Apparently you don't have any plants....

Someone who is raising a large quantity of baby spiders.

She laid 3 different egg sacs, so dis gonna be many many spiders.

Fruit flies live, eat, drink, and breed all in one sealed cup and are incredibly cheap to produce.

I bought 2 cups from them and started a 3rd with just like 8 flies and in a week it has hundreds inside, while the 2 I bought weeks ago are still producing tons.

For me its kinda like a one time investment for the hobby and I never have to buy them again unless I'm an idiot.

I do capture random shit in/around my house and toss it to the spiders, it'd never be enough to feed them.