Love Animals

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh is he having another one of his GREAT DAYS today?
Thee IDIOT is not having a day as GREAT as yesterday, yet. But the DAY is young. Let's see if he has help getting back into bed so he can resume his F5ing after retrieving his leftover dino nuggets from the fridge a few feet away.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This would seem like a good thread to voice my disdain not only for interwebz trolling maggots but for veterinarians. I've never liked them. Never trusted them. Have always thought the majority of them were in it to prey on crazy pet lovers and take advantage of them so I pretty much just think of them as lowlifes. We've had many pets throughout the years and never really had too much problem with the vet hospital close to us. Overpriced for sure, but no major problem. Still, my mistrust and general dislike of vets never diminished. Have heard plenty of vet horror stories from others.

Now, here comes the recent vet horror story in my fam. My oldest was living off campus while in her 4th year of college. Her and a friend got a puppy, a very energetic, never run out of gas type puppy. He did run out of gas a few months after getting him though so it was quite obvious he was ill. So she took him to a vet, Vet told her he was really sick and close to death. Said he had swallowed that squeeky part of a dog toy (he'd always rip his toys apart so it was believable). Vet then told her he'd have to cut him open and it would cost 5K. My daughter said she's a college student and asked about a payment plan. He said no to that but offered to put the dog down for a couple of hundred bucks, saying he was going to die soon anyway and you don't want him to suffer. My daughter didn't like that option either so she left with the sick dog.

Since she is a student, with only a part time job, living on her own in the big city, she called the ASPCA hospital to see if they could help her and her dog out. They said they would and set up an appointment. She went to leave the dog there before going to classes. They took a look at him and said he had pneumonia with a lot of fluid in his lungs. Told her she should say good bye to him before leaving cause he was very sick and there was a good chance he wouldn't make it.

It's a happy ending though cause the dog is with me now as I type. He made a full recovery about a week after being checked in to that hospital. Ended up costing about the same amount that the vet, who misdiagnosed him, was going to charge to put him down. My daughter's schedule changed, she asked us to take him shortly after all that. He's always chewing at stuff, playing rough with our other dog, has to be watched constantly. Can be a real pain in the ass and is, very likely, the most lovable dog you'll ever meet.

Glad the dog made it.

You spent the first half of your post opining on how animals do not need veterinarians, and tend to be fine if you take proper care of them, and I agree.

Then you describe how your daughter and her roommate got a college puppy which ended up nearly dying from pneumonia, only for a vet at an animal hospital to save the pup.

And you conclude to say you absolved your daughter of the responsibility for the dog, because of her schedule.

Seems weak.

Like unbelievably fucking WEAK.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad the dog made it.

You spent the first half of your post opining on how animals do not need veterinarians, and tend to be fine if you take proper care of them, and I agree.

Then you describe how your daughter and her roommate got a college puppy which ended up nearly dying from pneumonia, only for a vet at an animal hospital to save the pup.

And you conclude to say you absolved your daughter of the responsibility for the dog, because of her schedule.

Seems weak.

Like unbelievably fucking WEAK.
Not weak at all if I was to elaborate on it all. I have always had a distrust and dislike for vets so that was something that didn't shock me. But if you know anything about the ASPCA hospital, that's not normally an option for just anybody. Unlike the private vets/animal hospitals, they only care for abused or abandoned pets as well as those from very low income pet owners so not built on that profit above all else model. They're actually there to help sick animals who are suffering and also work to get them adopted. My daughter was living in the city so was able to use her own income, rather than the family household income, to qualify for their service.

I had the forever responsible talk with her when she got the dog. Was actually someone else who gifted her with it. So, having had that talk, she targeted my wife when asking to have us take him in for, at least, the remainder of the school year. I had originally told my wife the dog was then her own responsibility as I didn't have the time nor inclination to take care of it. But he's so cool and shit, we bonded and he became more my dog as I was the one he'd always gravitate to. Then when my daughter asked me to keep him through the following school year for her graduate classes before she would take him back permanently, I said, oh, the thing is he's my dog now and you don't get him back. But if you end up getting another dog, make sure you aren't going to give up on him too cause we don't want a third one. LMAO

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not weak at all if I was to elaborate on it all. I have always had a distrust and dislike for vets so that was something that didn't shock me. But if you know anything about the ASPCA hospital, that's not normally an option for just anybody. Unlike the private vets/animal hospitals, they only care for abused or abandoned pets as well as those from very low income pet owners so not built on that profit above all else model. They're actually there to help sick animals who are suffering and also work to get them adopted. My daughter was living in the city so was able to use her own income, rather than the family household income, to qualify for their service.

I had the forever responsible talk with her when she got the dog. Was actually someone else who gifted her with it. So, having had that talk, she targeted my wife when asking to have us take him in for, at least, the remainder of the school year. I had originally told my wife the dog was then her own responsibility as I didn't have the time nor inclination to take care of it. But he's so cool and shit, we bonded and he became more my dog as I was the one he'd always gravitate to. Then when my daughter asked me to keep him through the following school year for her graduate classes before she would take him back permanently, I said, oh, the thing is he's my dog now and you don't get him back. But if you end up getting another dog, make sure you aren't going to give up on him too cause we don't want a third one. LMAO
That’s allot of blah blah blah

Thanks idiot

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This would seem like a good thread to voice my disdain not only for interwebz trolling maggots but for veterinarians. I've never liked them. Never trusted them. Have always thought the majority of them were in it to prey on crazy pet lovers and take advantage of them so I pretty much just think of them as lowlifes. We've had many pets throughout the years and never really had too much problem with the vet hospital close to us. Overpriced for sure, but no major problem. Still, my mistrust and general dislike of vets never diminished. Have heard plenty of vet horror stories from others.

Now, here comes the recent vet horror story in my fam. My oldest was living off campus while in her 4th year of college. Her and a friend got a puppy, a very energetic, never run out of gas type puppy. He did run out of gas a few months after getting him though so it was quite obvious he was ill. So she took him to a vet, Vet told her he was really sick and close to death. Said he had swallowed that squeeky part of a dog toy (he'd always rip his toys apart so it was believable). Vet then told her he'd have to cut him open and it would cost 5K. My daughter said she's a college student and asked about a payment plan. He said no to that but offered to put the dog down for a couple of hundred bucks, saying he was going to die soon anyway and you don't want him to suffer. My daughter didn't like that option either so she left with the sick dog.

Since she is a student, with only a part time job, living on her own in the big city, she called the ASPCA hospital to see if they could help her and her dog out. They said they would and set up an appointment. She went to leave the dog there before going to classes. They took a look at him and said he had pneumonia with a lot of fluid in his lungs. Told her she should say good bye to him before leaving cause he was very sick and there was a good chance he wouldn't make it.

It's a happy ending though cause the dog is with me now as I type. He made a full recovery about a week after being checked in to that hospital. Ended up costing about the same amount that the vet, who misdiagnosed him, was going to charge to put him down. My daughter's schedule changed, she asked us to take him shortly after all that. He's always chewing at stuff, playing rough with our other dog, has to be watched constantly. Can be a real pain in the ass and is, very likely, the most lovable dog you'll ever meet.
Vets are like any other profession, there's good and bad ones. Like doctors, don't go to them for nutrition advice.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Diesel has lost about 8 pounds so we decide between an endoscopy or a full laparotomy for a biopsy. All his tests are normal except for swollen lymph nodes and thickened small intestinal walls around his gut. My wife just wants to put him down and get another cat but I am thinking biopsy. My heart just breaks when we leave him at the vet
I can only imagine. I hated leaving my cat for a routine neutering. I was a little nervous until they called me and said he was out of surgery doing fine.