Love for Lovie

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Lance Briggs had said earlier this week that he always thought Lovie got a raw deal, he further stated that Lovie knew what the Bears were and played to their strengths accordingly and didn't try to just put his stamp on something he knew wouldn't work. I personally don't know if Lovie would have had any more success than Nagy especially with this roster.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He had the fatal flaw that almost every coach has. He could not build a complete team. He had defense and special teams, but never an offense. Trestman had an offense and nothing else. Nagy inherited a defense, and has made our offense worse.

Honestly, when you look at the last 3 coaches the Bears have had, Nagy is the worst of them. At least Lovie and Trestman had their niche. Everything Nagy has touched has turned to shit. And now his defense doesn't want to play for him.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had the fatal flaw that almost every coach has. He could not build a complete team. He had defense and special teams, but never an offense. Trestman had an offense and nothing else. Nagy inherited a defense, and has made our offense worse.

Honestly, when you look at the last 3 coaches the Bears have had, Nagy is the worst of them. At least Lovie and Trestman had their niche. Everything Nagy has touched has turned to shit. And now his defense doesn't want to play for him.
Trestmen ha Offense? I remember them being middle of the pack at best... but then I don't think he had the talent to even get an offense going. Kind of hard only two seasons.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Trestmen ha Offense? I remember them being middle of the pack at best... but then I don't think he had the talent to even get an offense going. Kind of hard only two seasons.

Yeah, I mean Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte and Martellus Bennet is really shitty talent...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You're forgetting the one position these coaches didn't have.....go ahead name that one position...... :unsure:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lovie failed miserably at 3 critical things:
1. Finding an OC worth a shit
2. In game adjustments
3. Pushing Rivera out and replacing him with, himself... It completely wasted a few years of elite talent on defense. Like Fangio to Pagano. Marinelli and Peppers came in to salvage it

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I mean Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte and Martellus Bennet is really shitty talent...

Indeed. Give any of the top tier qbs that roster of weapons, omg wtf batman! Pat Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Russell Wilson all with 50++ TD's. Jay Cutler? not so much.

Love or hate Phil Emery, he set that offense up to win shoot outs.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Statistically, Trestman had a good offense his first season here.

8th best offense in 2013

Josh McCown getting half the starts when Cutler went down helped greatly in 2013. McCown not only beat the Packers in his lone start vs them (something Jay rarely did). He finished with 13tds and one interception in the games Cutler missed.

The Bears were relegated to go back to Jay once he got healthy due to his pay grade.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I liked Lovie and spent a lot of time defending him, but the game had passed him by. Like some one else pointed out, he never got a good OC, and he let the o-line slide to one of the worst units I've seen. He always favored his defense, and even his cover 2 was getting exposed on the regular. Plus he couldn't adjust or if we got behind...it was a sure loss.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lovie did not get a raw deal. He had many years to build an offense to compliment his defense, which also wasn't always good. There's only so many coordinators you can hire/fire before you have no one left to blame. 10 wins, 3 wins, it didn't matter how many games he won when he was fired. Playoffs or you're gone. 1 playoff appearance in his last 6 years.

Have a higher standard for your team, its players and coaches.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lance Briggs had said earlier this week that he always thought Lovie got a raw deal, he further stated that Lovie knew what the Bears were and played to their strengths accordingly and didn't try to just put his stamp on something he knew wouldn't work. I personally don't know if Lovie would have had any more success than Nagy especially with this roster.
You may want to get a towel for the spilt milk.
What did Lovie do without Rivera or for the O. Guess how many playoff years Lovie had sans Rivera. Same as Nagy.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Lovie hated offenses...same thing going on now lol

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Huh? They had Forte, M. Bennett, Jeffrey and Marshall?