Love him or hate him, DBB spitting some real truth this morning

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He kind of sprays all fields here. definitely takes a shot at Bears fans but if you're paying attention there's also a soft condemnation of the front office as well.

Cliff notes are that no move matters until the Bears finally get a franchise quarterback and it's stupid to get emotional over any decision until they do.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's about as simple as this: the window we had to win a superbowl was 2018-2020 (before trubisky was up for extension). Pace banked on him being the guy and missed, plain and simple. We had enough weapons on offense, a defense designed to play with a lead and that's about it. If trubisky was even a top 15 guy then we could have won, or at least got close. Instead, we didn't. Now the core is aging and needing contracts so it's having to be retooled to keep it going (as is happening) or blown up entirely (maybe next year).

Getting upset about any of this is just choosing to be upset over spilt milk. This is just the nature of things in the NFL with a salary cap and without a franchise qb.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
How bout a sense of a plan, I cant even begin to get behind a guy that was too afraid to get rid of Cutler, brought in the Giraffe and drafted Trubs. This is a mess and we all are waiting for the table to be cleaned off

vanavyman

Liked Posts:

He kind of sprays all fields here. definitely takes a shot at Bears fans but if you're paying attention there's also a soft condemnation of the front office as well.

Cliff notes are that no move matters until the Bears finally get a franchise quarterback and it's stupid to get emotional over any decision until they do.

Lot of true there.

Getting a franchise QB is as much about luck as being able to for see the future. Indy picked Manning but almost half of there scouts wanted the other guy. Jimmy drafted a QB after taking Aikman. Did Andy Reid know McHomes was the #1 QB in the 2017 draft or was that he guy left of the 3 top QBs. Did Buffalo know big Arm Allen was going to be a star? Cleveland didn't when they picked Mayfield instead of Allen. Over half the NFL had Trubisky ranked as the #1QB in the 2017 draft. Just go back and look at the old Mock drafts. Pace has made some mistakes but you might want to get use to him or find another team for awhile. He isn't going anywhere. I expect Pace and Nagy to be with the Bears for the next 5 years or until she dies and a rich Bears fan comes in and pulls a Jerry Jones and fires everyone. Then everyone will have something else to bitch about.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
How bout a sense of a plan, I cant even begin to get behind a guy that was too afraid to get rid of Cutler, brought in the Giraffe and drafted Trubs. This is a mess and we all are waiting for the table to be cleaned off
The plan was pretty clear: draft your stud qb and give him some weapons on offense and a good defense to have his back. We had a great defense and enough weapons to be a solid offense if the QB turned out to be good... He just didn't. Now, like every other team that drafted a first round bust qb, you gotta change it up.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It's about as simple as this: the window we had to win a superbowl was 2018-2020 (before trubisky was up for extension). Pace banked on him being the guy and missed, plain and simple. We had enough weapons on offense, a defense designed to play with a lead and that's about it. If trubisky was even a top 15 guy then we could have won, or at least got close. Instead, we didn't. Now the core is aging and needing contracts so it's having to be retooled to keep it going (as is happening) or blown up entirely (maybe next year).

Getting upset about any of this is just choosing to be upset over spilt milk. This is just the nature of things in the NFL with a salary cap and without a franchise qb.

Bears never had a window IMO. During 2018-20,they were not even the best team in their division. They may have won a division title but sad truth is Packers have been Daddy all along.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We think getting a QB is lucky or hard because we are Bears fans, inundated with bad management. There's 15 other teams right now that have an adequate QB. There always is....year after year - we are just never one of them outside of the Cutler era a few times.

Just take Watson in 2017, and we have a completely different outcome. It really wasn't that hard.

*discounting the whole sexual harassment thing right now.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That's the thing though.

There was a plan.

That plan hinged on trubisky being a franchise quarterback and if he were, it would have worked.

everything else you are seeing is a function of the Bears missing on landing the franchise quarterback when they had their chance.

EVERYTHING.

What you call a lack of a plan is just the fall out that happens when a franchise whiffs on getting the franchise quarterback and this is the damage it does.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Jmo, but I really think it’s the mccaskeys. They just don’t want a star qb. They want a boy scout that never says anything out of line and kowtows to the company line and nothing else. Smoked weed in your past? Nope. Have big personality? Nope. Any shade of indiscretion? Nope.
the 85 bears were full of assholes and they kicked ass, and the mccaskeys HATED them.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess ppl who were in denial about Mitch are having a hard time with the concept of rebuilds.

Those of us who saw it coming early are more emotionally prepared...I guess.
You were fapping over Foles last year so maybe you’re not above it all?

How was Pace afraid to get rid of Cutler? As soon as the shit contract that the previous regime gave him had a workable out Jay was cut.

There a shitload of reasons to be pissed at Pace but the handling of the Cutler situation is not one of them.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Jeff at dabearsblog is drinking the koolaid...basically he is hoping that he gets a call from the McCaskeys to fill in for Joniak or Larry Meyer or basically any media guy at ChicagoBears.com that wears rose colored glasses.

This guy was claiming to give Pace and Nagy and Trubisky another year just because they beat a few guys of the street (Houston)

Claiming Nagy has a winning record while the past 3 season the Bears havent defeated that many teams above 500

He s been running the blog for many years and just cannot be objective because he doesnt want to burn bridges...and hence does not call it as it is

Sure its been a tough year for everyone...but ever since he started the blog almost 20 years ago he s been sugarcoating everything Bears related....you just cannot find an objective opinion.

Yeah no shit....every team is trying to find a franchise quarterback.

Still though the fact that he seems to have a close relationship with Adam Jahns who gets exclusive interviews with Ryan Pace.....connect the dots

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You were fapping over Foles last year so maybe you’re not above it all?

How was Pace afraid to get rid of Cutler? As soon as the shit contract that the previous regime gave him had a workable out Jay was cut.

There a shitload of reasons to be pissed at Pace but the handling of the Cutler situation is not one of them.

I was fapping over trying anyone besides Mitch. And a bridge to our QB draftee - nothing more. I am still above it all. Thanks.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have any issue with the plan through 2020. My issue with the plan is now. It seems disjointed.

Most of it comes down to my perception that they are lame ducks and need to improve probably 2 games from 8-8 in spite of having what looks increasingly like it will be a team with less talent.

Moves like Andy Dalton and keeping Jimmy Graham make me think they don't have any idea how to maximize talent under the cap. Then they lose Fuller. They seem to be going after offensive free agents, but only at below market contracts. If they are trying to get better, they haven't succeeded to this point in the off-season (still have other avenues, but early FA wasn't kind to them).

But let's say that they are rebuilding. Then what's with pushing a bunch of money into future years to sign a second bridge QB? Why keep old Jimmy Graham? Why cut Fuller and not Hicks?

I don't have a high level of anger (I've calmed over the last week), but it feels like a wasted, rudderless year is coming, at the end of which Pace and Nagy will be fired. That just gets frustrating. I've said before that I expect Soldier Field to be cold and lonely in December and I stick by that.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I could barely get past 30 seconds. Does DBB realize that he blogs about a garbage team and that in turn is going to create negative interactions with fans? That doesn’t mean people live miserable lives. It means their experience with the bears are miserable. DBB sucks and it’s not because his opinions usually suck and his logic is constantly flawed but it’s the bs predictions of his that he bases off of sources that don’t even exist.

Follow literally anyone else for Bears info or come back to CCS to speak to your friend Anytime23.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jmo, but I really think it’s the mccaskeys. They just don’t want a star qb. They want a boy scout that never says anything out of line and kowtows to the company line and nothing else. Smoked weed in your past? Nope. Have big personality? Nope. Any shade of indiscretion? Nope.
the 85 bears were full of assholes and they kicked ass, and the mccaskeys HATED them.

That's really a bunch of crap.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I could barely get past 30 seconds. Does DBB realize that he blogs about a garbage team and that in turn is going to create negative interactions with fans? That doesn’t mean people live miserable lives. It means their experience with the bears are miserable. DBB sucks and it’s not because his opinions usually suck and his logic is constantly flawed but it’s the bs predictions of his that he bases off of sources that don’t even exist.

Follow literally anyone else for Bears info or come back to CCS to speak to your friend Anytime23.

if you can't sit through 30 seconds of someone who has an opinion contrary to yours that sounds like your personal problem.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
if you can't sit through 30 seconds of someone who has an opinion contrary to yours that sounds like your personal problem.
You’re a bright one

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was fapping over trying anyone besides Mitch. And a bridge to our QB draftee - nothing more. I am still above it all. Thanks.
I think you were giving Naggy and pace too much credit thinking it’s all trubisky for the teams downfall. Pace left the talent on offense blah. Naggy is a shit hc on game day. And trubisky sucked dick. Foles wasn’t correcting any of that