Love me some QB roulette

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
LOL at the fans who think trading away the future to get a QB the likes of Watson or Wilson will make a NET difference in a positive way.

Y'all suckers. Watson would get killed behind the Bears OL, Wilson would also get killed, but just sent to an earlier grave.

Problem is Nagy and Pace fighting for their lives and are desperate so who knows where they will focus their remedial attentions.

FMR

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL at the fans who think trading away the future to get a QB the likes of Watson or Wilson will make a NET difference in a positive way.

Y'all suckers. Watson would get killed behind the Bears OL, Wilson would also get killed, but just sent to an earlier grave.

Problem is Nagy and Pace fighting for their lives and are desperate so who knows where they will focus their remedial attentions.

FMR

Go back in your neanderthal cave, you drooling meatball.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Quality post.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dak gets his money. 4 years $160 mil, up to $164 mil, $126 guaranteed and a no trade clause.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer the OP stick to making creepy posts about Grimson.

Thanks

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Lol at the fans who think Ryan Pace knows what to do with a1st rd pick

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol at the fans who think Ryan Pace knows what to do with a1st rd pick
roquan-smith.jpg

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Neanderthal. Wish the Bears were that. Like me, in your opinion.
Why do you wish the Bears were Neanderthals? Sorry if i misunderstood you. Thats my attempt at deciphering your ESL attempt at a sentence.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then
She'a hot blonde, not a blind squirrel...

Oh wait, you meant Pace. Yeah, the nut/squirrel thing makes more sense then.....

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watson played behind a worse OL last year but thanks.

I think the Bears doing what theyve been doing the past 30 years is a much better idea. Its brought them so much success. Franchise QB? NO THANKS!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
An interesting side of this argument is having a 'franchise QB' isn't a cakewalk. There are ups and downs. For the past 10 years some in NE have been talking from moving on from Tom and many applauded the move. Many were calling to move on from Elway, Manning, Montana and Mario the later they got into their careers and there are some ups and downs along the way.

Here's what I'm asking: if you did a Cutler type trade, but ended up with a slightly better Cutler experience is that still a win? If Watson comes here and he's a perennial top 10 QB, but you guys don't win a championship is that still considered a win?

For my Eagles while I've been a fan we've had three 'franchise QBs', being Cunningham, McNabb and Wentz. All ended with varying levels of frustration and there were definitely lows with the highs.

Think about the Texans fans. Do you think Watson has been great in every game while the team has failed this poorly? No. He's got areas to get better and trading a lot for him won't fix your current problem AND solve all his play issues. You'll be better, but you'll also still have some shit to cunt about.

Truth be told, a lot of this Watson situation is eerily similar to Cutler. Pre-Chicago he wasn't regarded as a douchbag. He really earned that reputation in Chicago. Thinking of Cutler pre-trade he was a 25 year old, extremely physically talented QB who had issues with management/coaching. He forced his way out of town. Watson is also a 25 year old, extremely physically talented QB who has issues with management and is forcing his way out of town.

Really take a step back, look at what the league thought of Cutler back then and extrapolate that to the potential Watson move. Like I said, it's eerily similar.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

FMR

Bears fans are looking at the long haul (years to come). Who cares if initially the resources are a little tight because they were used to acquire a young franchise QB. Over the long run the Bears will be better off having a franchise QB in place.

There is a reason why the Packers have ruled the Bears over the last two decades.

Get the QB position right, do whatever it takes & then go from there.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
She'a hot blonde, not a blind squirrel...

Oh wait, you meant Pace. Yeah, the nut/squirrel thing makes more sense then.....
Eh, pretty sure *someone* found a nut.