Love the enthusiasm

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields make a statement a few days ago - "nothing against Sid Luckman or the other great QBs, but when it's said and done I want to considered the best Chicago QB ever" Love the kids bravado and with the history of QBs in the Bears organization a VERY attainable goal. However, I have to ask the question who were the other great Chicago QBs he was referring to? Cutler - I shudder the thought!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
The word great and any Bears QB names should not be used in the same sentence.
Let’s hope that changes with Mr. Fields.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields make a statement a few days ago - "nothing against Sid Luckman or the other great QBs, but when it's said and done I want to considered the best Chicago QB ever" Love the kids bravado and with the history of QBs in the Bears organization a VERY attainable goal. However, I have to ask the question who were the other great Chicago QBs he was referring to? Cutler - I shudder the thought!
You know, Bobby Douglas, Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps, Tomszack and Flutie... those greats!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, he hasn't accomplished anything in the league yet, so I'm glad he tipped his hat to the guys that came before. Sure, Cutler, Orton and Grossman weren't great by league standards, but they were legit starters for the bears who did a lot for us during his lifetime.

Will be great to see Fields break records, though. At the end of the day only wins matter, but goddammit if he doesn't have the potential to be the best quarterback we've ever had. Let's see that 5k season!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hit 30tds this season and you'll be in the HOF.

#bookit

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Judging from other Bears players, I sure hope his mouth doesn't get him in a doghouse. This team loves to destroy enthusiasm.

I love it. Him saying he's going to try to start from the start and now that he'll be the best (not a very high hurdle) is exactly who we need as long as he backs it up with actions.

Whether it makes you shudder or not, Cutler is on the very short list of Bears QBs that produced numbers worthy of being in present times. Remember, that's not a very high hurdle to jump. If you really want to shudder, I think even Grossman came close to getting us modern production from a QB and Orton probably would've too if he had been given the chance.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't have a problem with it as long as he backs it up. Also I would like him to set the bar a little higher than just Chicago QB's that goal shouldn't be too hard to obtain.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
4,000 yards 30+ tds and a Super Bowl championship this season alone and he would be the best ever. Thats how bad its been around here.