Lovie smith's revenge

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your transition to a woman is complete you ever think of taking up swimming?
4sFTLfo.png

mecha

Liked Posts:
Naw......coach-killer cutler has retired. :ROFLMAO:
I like you, but this comment is just as ignorant today as it was 8 years ago. it's like nobody fucking listens to me when I say the Bears are inept from top to bottom. maybe like I predicted years ago they'll statistically fuck up into success this time though.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
LOL you can give Lovie every pick in the 1st round, he still doesn't understand his defensive scheme went the way of the dinosaur over a decade ago.

Mix that with his general knowledge (more lack thereof) of offense?

He'd have an all-time special team. I'd give him that.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL you can give Lovie every pick in the 1st round, he still doesn't understand his defensive scheme went the way of the dinosaur over a decade ago.

Mix that with his general knowledge (more lack thereof) of offense?

He'd have an all-time special team. I'd give him that.

I agree that there were times when Lovie's defenses looked horrible, particularly against good QBs on precision passing teams. But as a counterpoint I submit this observation. When the Colts played the Bears in 2020 the Bears ( whom I thought were one of the more physical teams in the league at the time), the Bears looked outclassed by the Colts, surprisingly on both sides of the ball. The Bears couldn't get any movement whatsoever on the line, rushing for only 28 yards all game.

Now Allen Robinson did manage to have a pretty good game with just over 100 yards receiving, but more tellingly he averaged 14.4 yards a catch, which is pretty good. Maybe that's the area where the traditional cover-2 weakness shows its head. So honestly I'm not really sure what to expect.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
With 6 first rd picks the next 3 years and alot of other picks Texans have a chance to build a great team. They need to draft smart but still that's alot of picks, hopefully his story has a happy ending after all.

I wish Lovie well. He's always been a classy guy, and the Bears have struggled to find a quality HC since they dumped him.

Anyone who can get a team to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as a starting quarterback must have done something right.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Lovie well. He's always been a classy guy, and the Bears have struggled to find a quality HC since they dumped him.

Anyone who can get a team to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as a starting quarterback must have done something right.
Don't you go hatin' on Sexy Rexy now.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
When the Colts played the Bears in 2020 the Bears ( whom I thought were one of the more physical teams in the league at the time), the Bears looked outclassed by the Colts, surprisingly on both sides of the ball.
Lovie can be an idiot with a dated defensive scheme that Erin Rodgers laughed at every 3rd down when they’d fake that stupid A gap blitz with 54 and 55 before a speedy quick slant gutted them AND the combo of Nagy/Chuckles Pagano can be/were also comically bad.

Two things can be true at the same time. What a concept…

Feeva

Liked Posts:
Lovie can be an idiot with a dated defensive scheme that Erin Rodgers laughed at every 3rd down when they’d fake that stupid A gap blitz with 54 and 55 before a speedy quick slant gutted them AND the combo of Nagy/Chuckles Pagano can be/were also comically bad.

Two things can be true at the same time. What a concept…
The defense held their own against Rodgers when Lovie was here. It was mostly cutlers turnovers that fucked them over. Also the scheme isn’t outdated if our new coach runs the same shit. Wouldn’t want Lovie back but the defense wasn’t the problem when he was here. Maybe 2007, with that Babich experience lol

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The defense held their own against Rodgers when Lovie was here. It was mostly cutlers turnovers that fucked them over. Also the scheme isn’t outdated if our new coach runs the same shit. Wouldn’t want Lovie back but the defense wasn’t the problem when he was here. Maybe 2007, with that Babich experience lol
Lovie had no clue about offensive scheme that’s why every one he had was outdated.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Also the scheme isn’t outdated if our new coach runs the same shit. Wouldn’t want Lovie back but the defense wasn’t the problem when he was here. Maybe 2007, with that Babich experience lol
4-3 Tampa 2 is an older variation of FLUS’ 4-2-5 cover 3. It’s a 4-2-5 because it’s suicide in todays game to try and match speed, skill, and quickness with 3 linebackers. Any OC worth their salt would attack that.

Erin Rodgers carved up Lovie’s teams when they needed to score points, even with Julius Peppers halving the field for a QB to throw. Jay also threw shit wad throws. Again, two things can be true at the same time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your transition to a woman is complete you ever think of taking up swimming?
I think it’s funny that @tcmtrinity laughed at this, considering his history of pretending to be a stand up kind of poster. Fraud. Also too scared to go to the gym lolol

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’d love to see it. Whipping ballard’s over rated ass. It’s Houston though so he probably gets fired after the season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Naw......coach-killer cutler has retired. :ROFLMAO:

I like you, but this comment is just as ignorant today as it was 8 years ago. it's like nobody fucking listens to me when I say the Bears are inept from top to bottom. maybe like I predicted years ago they'll statistically fuck up into success this time though.

cutler was with Smith for a part of his tenure.
My comment was in reference to all the OC's etc cutler went through, trying to accommodate him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Wonder if his 1st pick will be any relation to Dan Bauzin?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
'Lovie Smith's Revenge' would be an awesome cult horror film.