Lucas Patrick Fired Back At Justin Fields Critics (FTO)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a FTO thread . This thread is not about me And the reality is backing up what one says about football if requested to do so.

One or 2 examples i.e. footage or articles of Getsy employing a short passing game would be interesting and would suffice.
LOL. Like it would prove anything.

If you took a pick of your undies, it would not prove that they're always clean.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is a FTO thread . This thread is not about me And the reality is backing up what one says about football if requested to do so.

One or 2 examples i.e. footage or articles of Getsy employing a short passing game would be interesting and would suffice.

LOL. Like it would prove anything.

If you took a pick of your undies, it would not prove that they're always clean.

Ok.....so let the record show..... in a football talk only thread, you're choosing to talk about a man's underwear.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Supply footage of slant and drag routes usage. And or a time when Getsy has employed a short passing to move the ball down field.
How many times must I link to the same vid?

Very first play at 1m is a slant that Fields does not pull the trigger on.

At 7m, they run triple slants

At 9.10m, they run double slants.

At 11m they run triple slants with a sluggo ie slant and go as the 4th route.

I was complaining about the lack of slants early in the season as it is a staple of the Pack O that Getsy runs. Then I watched the tape and realized Getsy calls them quite a bit but the problem is Fields doesnt like throwing over the middle short.

Now are you going to make more excuses? In those 4 plays they literally ran 9 slants in total and Fields didnt hit a single one. He doesnt like them dude.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Supply footage of slant and drag routes usage. And or a time when Getsy has employed a short passing to move the ball down field.

How many times must I link to the same vid?

Very first play at 1m is a slant that Fields does not pull the trigger on.

At 7m, they run triple slants

At 9.10m, they run double slants.

At 11m they run triple slants with a sluggo ie slant and go as the 4th route.

I was complaining about the lack of slants early in the season as it is a staple of the Pack O that Getsy runs. Then I watched the tape and realized Getsy calls them quite a bit but the problem is Fields doesnt like throwing over the middle short.

Now are you going to make more excuses? In those 4 plays they literally ran 9 slants in total and Fields didnt hit a single one. He doesnt like them dude.

You didn't mention the drag.
But on a quick slant it's bam-bam type route, that when ran properly the wr fakes the DB out and is all alone. These routes look like posts @ 1 minute mark. And the pocket is collapsing.

1666558761370.png

@2:13....collapsing pocket
@3:50.......collapsing pocket b4 ya can even do a 1-1000 count.
@7:00......I woulda hit that wr over middle. Didn't happen **
@9:10......collapsing pocket. Was the slant there. Hard to tell
@11:00 ......more like crossing / post routes . But ok. He needed to hit the quick out **

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Don't be a fool. It can be both. People like you, Bust and R&S that want to only blame one thing or another are missing the point. Fields is doing pretty well with his field scanning, He's just not pulling the trigger as often as he should.

Mahomes said he couldn't really read that well until his 3rd year playing, same with Watson so it's not a slight to say Fields missed a read. It happens to every QB and it will happen a decade from now when he's hopefully taking us to playoffs. You guys are letting a few posters bias you against the majority of the board.

And no one said Mahomes wasn't taking throws in that SB nor mentioned his time to throw until PFF brought it up. In that case it was due to pressured scrambles but in the stat I put up earlier, that # would have been well under 2.5sec since the clock stops with pressure. I recall most defending mahomes play based on conditions of needing to start 2 backup T's. I don't recall one article saying that the loss was on Mahomes or that he wasn't throwing quickly enough. More about his valiant effort.

Of course not! The discussion mostly centered on how poorly the KC line played. TezMakai is pushing a false narrative in an attempt strengthen his argument.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad part, Daboll has fucking Jones running the offense Fields should be in...got damn shame. I can't wait until this ownership leaves

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But on a quick slant it's bam-bam type route, that when ran properly the wr fakes the DB out and is all alone. These routes look like posts @ 1 minute mark. And the pocket is collapsing.

View attachment 23392

@11:00 ......more like crossing / post routes . But ok. He needed to hit the quick out **

Your claim is they dont call them. They do. Also LoL at you trying to tell Warner those are posts when he clearly says they are slants. I will side with the HoF QB.

You asked for slants and I gave you slants.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What an insanely ignorant comment from one of the dumbest posters in CCS history.

Imagine an NFL team relying on their fans to assess their talent and give pre game speeches. No NFL team would do such a thing. Why would any world class athlete take anything that some 400lb meathead fan such as yourself says to heart?

Dumbass.
We need to test the hypothesis. Have MJY threaten to sit on Santos and see if Santos cares about what he is saying.

Green text... same as TexasBearFan probably was trying to do.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Of course not! The discussion mostly centered on how poorly the KC line played. TezMakai is pushing a false narrative in an attempt strengthen his argument.

So Pat Mahomes wasn't absolutely melted due to a porous offensive line? Okay boomer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok.....so let the record show..... in a football talk only thread, you're choosing to talk about a man's underwear.
Let me know when you start talking football instead of fairy tales. Against Washington he missed quick outs and you can see open short options on many of the deeper throws he attempted. short crosses and releases beside the slants. I'm not saying he made the wrong choices on every one of those, even when he missed, but shorter throws are generally available to him.

Here's another big issue with your take on quick slants, short crosses etc. You also prefer an option or read type O. If you don't understand why that's incongruous, I'm not explaining it you.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your claim is they dont call them. They do. Also LoL at you trying to tell Warner those are posts when he clearly says they are slants. I will side with the HoF QB.

I respect your commitment when we all know it's a wasted effort to the clueless.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me know when you start talking football instead of fairy tales. Against Washington he missed quick outs and you can see open short options on many of the deeper throws he attempted. short crosses and releases beside the slants. I'm not saying he made the wrong choices on every one of those, even when he missed, but shorter throws are generally available to him.

Here's another big issue with your take on quick slants, short crosses etc. You also prefer an option or read type O. If you don't understand why that's incongruous, I'm not explaining it you.

Copy & paste where I said >>> "You also prefer an option or read type O."
As for the other comments.....I'm sure majority of those missed passes were due to lack of OL pass pro
and collapsing pocket With that said....YES JF misses on passes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

View attachment 23392

The asterisks show where he should've made the pass plays. The others show a pocket collapse so it's hard to see
the type of route, cause it seemed like the wr's gave up on the routes. I take the blame for this time not stating "quick slant" (which is typically a 3-6 yard jab step, when done properly, the defender is faked out and the wr is alone briefly).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The asterisks show where he should've made the pass plays. The others show a pocket collapse so it's hard to see
the type of route, cause it seemed like the wr's gave up on the routes. I take the blame for this time not stating "quick slant" (which is typically a 3-6 yard jab step, when done properly, the defender is faked out and the wr is alone briefly).

Several of those guys were open. The issue is it is brief so you have to pull the trigger quickly.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for the other comments.....I'm sure majority of those missed passes were due to lack of OL pass pro
You say it every draft when we need a qb.

What the fuck is with you? You don’t own anything. Are you handicapped and simply forget or this disingenuous. If the former, pm me to that effect and I’ll ignore you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Several of those guys were open. The issue is it is brief so you have to pull the trigger quickly.

Yep and I pointed it out in link #73

All this comes back to Bears' Lucas Patrick: I haven't played to my standard
Pass pro has to happen and ( as Belichick would say) everyone has to take accountability in general for doing their job
(as Belichick would say) i.e. from top to bottom. Coaches and players. It's good that Patrick is taking accountability. We can only hope this spreads.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You say it every draft when we need a qb.

What the fuck is with you? You don’t own anything. Are you handicapped and simply forget or this disingenuous. If the former, pm me to that effect and I’ll ignore you.

Ok so I'm gonna stay cool in this FTO. Let the record show I'm not digressing to ignorant name calling/ personal attacks in a FTO thread.

Please Read paragraph 3:
*** PSA: Bears 2022 Season [Football Talk Only] Threads ***

--------------------------------------------
Again when I did say......"You also prefer an option or read type O."

If this means Qb option running, Qb designed runs ( like the Ravens ) and Fields taking shots/hits NO I never wanted that, if that's what u mean. In one thread I did discussed run and shoot "options routes".....based on Gesty mentioning them. What I have said is with our OL, it's important to have a mobile Qb who can make plays in or outta the pocket and extend pass plays.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok so I'm gonna stay cool in this FTO. Let the record show I'm not digressing to ignorant name calling/ personal attacks in a FTO thread.

Please Read paragraph 3:

If this means Qb option running, Qb designed runs ( like the Ravens ) and Fields taking shots/hits NO I never wanted that, if that's what u mean. In one thread I did discussed run and shoot "options routes".....based on Gesty mentioning them. What I have said is with our OL, it's important to have a mobile Qb who can make plays in or outta the pocket and extend pass plays.
You take it away from FTO with silly demands of things that should be obvious to all concerned. It's not a humor R&S's silly requests thread.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Please Read paragraph 3:

You take it away from FTO with silly demands of things that should be obvious to all concerned. It's not a humor R&S's silly requests thread.

Again.......
Please Read paragraph 3: *** PSA: Bears 2022 Season [Football Talk Only] Threads ***

If in the future you think my FTO threads are "silly" or whatever. DO NOT enter the thread. Stay out,