Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Great news. Need to be careful with Rodon due to his durability problems prior to this season as well as the fact that he's a Boras client. I don't think the Sox offer more than 4 years. Of course, a possible lockout complicates this situation more than usual .

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Great news. Need to be careful with Rodon due to his durability problems prior to this season as well as the fact that he's a Boras client. I don't think the Sox offer more than 4 years. Of course, a possible lockout complicates this situation more than usual .
As much as I admire how Rodon has attacked this season, I’m sure they’re ready to stretch out Kopech next spring and put him in the rotation. I’d still love to have Carlos back. You can never have too much pitching! However, Boras knows if Rodon finishes strong he’s going to be a top option in the free agent market.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Good re-signing. Helps this rotation for the coming years.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This gives them a great deal of flexibility, it's a very good deal, and Lynn is awesome. He immediately became one of my favorite players.

I think they will probably give a QO to Rodon but he will walk and the Sox will get a nice draft pick out of it. If Jerry ponies up for that it will be the first time I can remember where he signed two big SPs in one year. Doubtful, and with Rodon's history it's a safer bet.

They need to get Kopech stretched out now, he only has 36 innings this year and they are sending him out there for 12 pitch, one inning outings which doesn't make sense to me. Hard to tell what their plan is because they need to get him 80 innings at a bare minimum to think he can start next year, and 100 would be preferable.

BearTX

Liked Posts:
Rodon is as good as gone! QO will get the pick but I would love if they could trade keuchel this off season ( I feel he is ready to drop off big time) and sign Rodon back to a 3 year deal.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately no one is going to trade for Keuchel unless the Sox eat a ton of the salary, and that defeats the purpose re: Rodon. But I agree Keuchel is on his last legs and if you did sign Rodon and replaced Keuchel with Kopech you are talking about a potentially amazing rotation.