Mac Jones off field issues including his DUI car crash

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This. Tom Brady was soft but not fat, Mac Jones is J'Marcus Russell fat. Maybe his nickname will be baby Lorenzen.
View attachment 11357

A guy at his metabolic peak in life after just finishing 4-6 months of daily practices/training looking like this doesn't bode well. It seems more a guy that has coasted on his talent rather than worked on his craft.

Maybe the River Monsters kept a few of those XXXL QB jerseys around, could come in handy in 4-5 yrs.

View attachment 11358
Now I really want Mac. If he becomes our franchise QB, great. If not, we solved our LT problem.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
I'm 20 years older, don't work out anymore, and eat meat daily. Honestly I look better than MJ.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
To relieve the 49'rs of the burden of their potential mistake, the Bears should seek to comfort San Fran with an offer to just swap 1 for 1 the 20th and 3rd pick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This. Tom Brady was soft but not fat, Mac Jones is J'Marcus Russell fat. Maybe his nickname will be baby Lorenzen.
View attachment 11357

A guy at his metabolic peak in life after just finishing 4-6 months of daily practices/training looking like this doesn't bode well. It seems more a guy that has coasted on his talent rather than worked on his craft.

Maybe the River Monsters kept a few of those XXXL QB jerseys around, could come in handy in 4-5 yrs.

View attachment 11358

How the fuck can you be an eye doctor and not tell the difference between a 215 pound guy and two other guys at 260 and 315?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
How the fuck can you be an eye doctor and not tell the difference between a 215 pound guy and two other guys at 260 and 315?

Hey, calm down, he works on eyes, that doesn't mean he can actually see anything himself. sheesh.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
QB prospects get a pass when it comes to off the field issues for the most part. Jameis Winston had a host of off the field issues and still went #1 overall.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
QB prospects get a pass when it comes to off the field issues for the most part. Jameis Winston had a host of off the field issues and still went #1 overall.
Very true, but "past actions predict future behavior" is more true than false. Winston being the poster child.

I think DUI as a teen can be a bit of an outlier, but being a fat ass muscle-less schlub, almost defying exercise science, while surrounded by guys busting ass to be everything they can be, definitely is a red flag. Looks like a guy that will punch the clock and head to the bar come 5pm. Not exactly what you want in the team leader and potential franchise QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
That's a tough take on a guy that did everything his team asked to win a national championship. And I hate Bama. I see him as a middle first rounder.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does he even lift? The hell?

Be honest, many people probably could have blown over .08 at some point in their lives. ...But to do it the week before the draft!?? AND actually get in a crash?? That's some monumentally idiotic lack of judgement and self-control.

*correction* This didn't happen recently I'm now told.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Does he even lift? The hell?

Be honest, many people probably could have blown over .08 at some point in their lives. ...But to do it the week before the draft!?? AND actually get in a crash?? That's some monumentally idiotic lack of judgement and self-control.
This happened long, long ago. It is being presented a little disingenuously without the proper context.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This happened long, long ago. It is being presented a little disingenuously without the proper context.

Thanks. I wasn't aware honestly. Yes, this was presented and commented on as if it happened recently but I shoulda looked into it further. Also shoulda known IF this happened recently, ESPN would've been talking about nothing but that all week, making real sports news even more impossible by radio or TV.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come back to this if Im wrong but I just don't think he is going to be good at all.

This isn't specifically about this more so everything about him.
I doubt he can take a hit.

Brady fell to the 6th for a reason, you just can't anticipate a guy will be that tough or maniacally competitive.

But the odds are highly against Jones, imo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lance or Fields might be highest ceiling.

Lawrence is highest floor. NFL starter. Pedigree player. Lawrence is Alex Smith, imo.

Fields and Lance could be better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1619178715298.png
Complaining about his weight as a freshman is like elevating a draft prospect due to being all state in high school. A better indicator of his future is how hard he's worked overall to be where he is now and that includes studying his craft. He's shown to be best in this draft at processing and there's no reason to believe he won't stay in good enough physical shape to use those branes.

Before anyone says he just got in shape for the Pro Day, this is him in Nov, 2019.
1619179403714.png

Dude will never be a strong man nor running QB but the weight thing is much ado about nothing. He may be great or bust but it won't be because of a belly. Not one scouting report says anything about a tendency to put on pounds.
His success will be determined be whether he can maintain his accuracy and still get enough on the ball when needing to throw off platform in he NFL. Whether he can minimize those situations with his ginormous brane.

Last edited: