I did not go into as much depth on QB this year

Didn't think we had a shot

What was or is the difference

Also most packer fans saying we gave up alot and that are Oline sucks lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Partially true. I think we gave up too much, he would have been there 13-15. Not gonna bitch about that, it is what it is.. mfer hates draft capital.

And our OL does suck. Packer fans are about to be cast into QB hell so fuck them.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Partially true. I think we gave up too much, he would have been there 13-15. Not gonna bitch about that, it is what it is.. mfer hates draft capital.

And our OL does suck. Packer fans are about to be cast into QB hell so fuck them.
How do you know that? He held on to both day two picks this year. Only fucking Bear fans!

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Would have preferred Jones over Fields. Though I admittedly know very little about either.

The most important skills for an NFL qb are still accuracy and the ability to process information in a split second after the snap. If you cant do those 2 things well then it doesn't matter how strong your arm is or how fast your 40 time is. From the little I've seen Jones could be special when it comes to accuracy ,especially under pressure, and ability to quickly read a defense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Would have preferred Jones over Fields. Though I admittedly know very little about either.

The most important skills for an NFL qb are still accuracy and the ability to process information in a split second after the snap. If you cant do those 2 things well then it doesn't matter how strong your arm is or how fast your 40 time is. From the little I've seen Jones could be special when it comes to accuracy ,especially under pressure, and ability to quickly read a defense.

You seriously knocking Fields accuracy?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

We gave up 1 first round pick, a 5th and a 4th. For a potential franchise QB thats a steal. What did we give up for Scrubisky and Cutler? This was a great trade for a good price.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope no one is ever going to compare Trubisky to Fields or Jones to Mahomes and actually bitch about games that Fields got victories in……

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

If Fields turns out to be our legit franchise QB for the next decade, Pace gave up nothing to get him. It would be a steal on Paces end. I don’t think the draft capital would have been that different waiting between 13-15 if he wasn’t already gone.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

This is a very solid point. You keep hearing about the importance of mobility at the QB position yet almost every year the Super Bowl is won by a QB that plays primarily from the pocket and throws accurately while processing information quickly.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Do we really have to compare Mac Jones to Fields? I admittingly liked Jones more leading up to the draft, but none of that matters. Mac Jones is going to a great franchise and if he does well it doesn't necessarily mean he would have done well here.

Plus, I understand going for Fields. You are trying something different. Going for athleticism and mobility. Someone with prolonged success in a system. Mac Jones was more of the same that we have already gone through.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I did not go into as much depth on QB this year

Didn't think we had a shot

What was or is the difference

Also most packer fans saying we gave up alot and that are Oline sucks lol
They didn't give up much at all. Especially considering they already had a lot on in hand in this draft. If Fields is as good as they think he is then you're already giving the Packers a run for their money with Rodgers. Without Rodgers the Bears are the favorites.

Canth

Liked Posts:
IMO, the success of any player but especially qb is also affected by their fit to the team and scheme.

From that standpoint, I think both Fields and Jones have landed with teams where they have a better chance to fit and then hopefully succeed at the NFL level.

Certainly, Jones has landed with the team in the Patriots that imo will fit what he can do best.

Along those same lines, I believe that Fields is a better fit for a Reid style of offense than Jones.

I just hope that Nagy is able to develop Fields and his offense to make this work.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We gave up 1 first round pick, a 5th and a 4th. For a potential franchise QB thats a steal. What did we give up for Scrubisky and Cutler? This was a great trade for a good price.

Two first round picks....this years and next

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

We probably would've had to give up next year's first had we waited another pick or two regardless. Teams knew we were desperate.