Mac Jones Vs Justin Fields

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We exchanged first round picks. We traded the 20th for the 11th. Come on man. That shouldnt have to be explained.

It doesnt, the giants received 2 first round picks from the bears along with a 4th and 5th in exchange for a 1 first round pick

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
IMO, the success of any player but especially qb is also affected by their fit to the team and scheme.

From that standpoint, I think both Fields and Jones have landed with teams where they have a better chance to fit and then hopefully succeed at the NFL level.

Certainly, Jones has landed with the team in the Patriots that imo will fit what he can do best.

Along those same lines, I believe that Fields is a better fit for a Reid style of offense than Jones.

I just hope that Nagy is able to develop Fields and his offense to make this work.

Good post. I have little faith in Nagy to do anything well.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
If Fields pans out, it's a fabulous trade. No doubt.

I think Jones will be better. Jones's 77% accuracy is unreal--like one scout said, many college qb's don't throw 77% accuracy in pro day versus air.

I was not a Fields fan prior to the draft and still have major doubts. Mobility is there. Throwing motion is suspect, so is vision and decision-making. We will see. It'll be fun to find out!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Trever Lawrence and Justin Fields were the #1 and #2 quarterbacks in the country coming out of HS. That same order pretty much existed all through college UNTIL we got to the weird season of the NFL draft and people started stretching themselves to find things to knock Fields down a bit.

Where was Mac Jones? Pretty much unheard of except to true football junkies. Pretty much unheralded out of HS, in college he rode the bench and when he finally got a chance to play many said he was a “system quarterback” who would be a Day 2 pick at best.

After the college championship game and start of the weird draft season, he rose like a rocket. I think a guy like that has a huge chance of being a bust.

Jones has limited athletic ability, has a fairly good arm - not great... was always protected (clean pocket for the most part) behind an NFL line and was throwing to 1st round NFL draft picks with miles of separation. The bust potential is huge for him.

That said, I think Jones is going to the perfect place for him. The Patriots will build an offense around him and he should be solid. I just don’t see him ever being “great” though. He needs EVERYTHING working at peak efficiency around him in order to excel — think Nick Foles with possibly a little better accuracy.

Fields represents the new breed of successful QB’s in the NFL — QB’s that can excel even when things break down around him. Fields has the ability to be GREAT! — an all-time great — Hall of Fame type. He has that kind of ceiling. Will he hit it?? Time will tell. Watch tape on his duel with Trever Lawrence in the championship round of college football — pinpoint accuracy ALL DAY — short, intermediate, long bombs - he did all - he destroyed Lawrence & Clemson.

Knowing the Bears and the fact that we all know they cannot put together an offense that works at peak efficiency in all areas... Fields had to be the pick.

This was a no-brainer. I love the pick!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Fields graded out very well to be had at pick #11.

Fields has all tools of a franchise QB. The sky is the limit.

Many many people felt he should have been off the board at 2 or 3. 11 is a tremendous spot.

Be happy today Chicago. A great prospect fell to us.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields is a much safer pick than Jones.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They didn't give up much at all. Especially considering they already had a lot on in hand in this draft. If Fields is as good as they think he is then you're already giving the Packers a run for their money with Rodgers. Without Rodgers the Bears are the favorites.
You guys are high. They gave up a lot. They HAVE to hit on rd 2 and 3.. they have no 4,5.

don’t hate the trade, but to say he didn’t give up much is insane.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
If Fields pans out, it's a fabulous trade. No doubt.

I think Jones will be better. Jones's 77% accuracy is unreal--like one scout said, many college qb's don't throw 77% accuracy in pro day versus air.

I was not a Fields fan prior to the draft and still have major doubts. Mobility is there. Throwing motion is suspect, so is vision and decision-making. We will see. It'll be fun to find out!
I dunno. Watching all the talent around him go in the 1st round speaks volumes to me. Not saying he isn't accurate, but it's easy to throw to guys that are destroying the defense. Bama always so loaded.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Insane your mad at the out come. Lol
I'm not mad at all. I was just explaining to the poster I quoted that thought we gave up too much that even had we waited another couple picks the compensation probably would've been the same.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I dunno. Watching all the talent around him go in the 1st round speaks volumes to me. Not saying he isn't accurate, but it's easy to throw to guys that are destroying the defense. Bama always so loaded.
The margin of talent between Ohio State and Indiana is still greater than Alabama's semi pro team and the SEC.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I just wonder if Patriots would have taken him at 15 or Jones instead. I actually think they were going to take Jones regardless. But I love the move

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BEARS traded their 5th rounder this year, 4th rounder next year.
Already didn't have that 4th this year. Odds are that the Bears weren't the only ones at least talking to the Giants. Value was fine, especially when you consider that many (I) would have taken him at 3.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Partially true. I think we gave up too much, he would have been there 13-15. Not gonna bitch about that, it is what it is.. mfer hates draft capital.

And our OL does suck. Packer fans are about to be cast into QB hell so fuck them.
We picked 20th. Why would his being their 13-15 matter. Plus Vikes were considering him at 14.

Finally Niners gave up 2 firsts to move up 9 spots. Bears gave up 1.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I will 100% believe that God hates the Bears if Mac Jones becomes the next great quarterback.

Reactions: DC