Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I'm 65 and can still hit it far enough to play the long tees but don't always do so. I like to play a course with some shots offering the correct amount of risk and reward without leaving my shoes at the tee which can be a bad tendency of mine. So I get to the tee yesterday and am waiting for the fairway to clear when two 30ish guys show up a little late for the same tee time. No issue, happens. I'm standing at the regular guy white tees and I ask them what they play. They say the longer blues so I move back and swing since it's easier/faster to all play the same tees and it really doesn't concern me. They then take their shots. I am 40+ yards past them all day.

Nice guys and they certainly get their moneys worth this way :p but why is it so common to purposely play from tees where you can't reach the longest par 4 with 2 of your best shots? When I lose 50 yards, I'm moving to short tees, LOL. These guys chased it and played ready golf so we got around fine but I know there are many taking lots of extra shots with full etiquette that don't chase or hit quickly and it can slow pace for the entire day if they go out early. Rant over.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happens all of the tIme. Saw a dude do this at Whistling Straights and he must have shot 120+.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I swear I can crush the ball 300 yards off the tee, but godamnit if it won't slice over a freeway of some kind lol.

I really should just play short tees.... I've hit some great shots at a half or 3/4 swing.

I once drained a wedge shot in the cup from like 60 yards away with my pitching wedge.... just kinda lofted it up on a straight line, bounced once on the green, hit the flag pole and dropped in the cup.

I'd take a 150 yard drive if it would go straight lol.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear I can crush the ball 300 yards off the tee, but godamnit if it won't slice over a freeway of some kind lol.

I really should just play short tees.... I've hit some great shots at a half or 3/4 swing.

I once drained a wedge shot in the cup from like 60 yards away with my pitching wedge.... just kinda lofted it up on a straight line, bounced once on the green, hit the flag pole and dropped in the cup.

I'd take a 150 yard drive if it would go straight lol.
I know, right. Too busy having fun to shoot a score. Try not taking a hero shot out of trouble, LOL.

Sometimes you catch a break. I hit a fairway bunker on a par 5 and then hit hybrid to a green protecting bunker about 50 yards from the hole and just missed the birdie put from about 15'. Of course I hit bunkers on the holes before and after and bogied both of those. Don't remember the last time I hit 4 bunkers in 3 holes. The last one pissed me off. Fricking sand wedge in and hit it straight, 20 yards right. Still don't know how I did that. Golf is so odd. One day your clean all round and the next is a day at the beach.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I love golf! I follow the one beer per hole rule and then by the turn it doesn't matter that I suck anymore.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I haven't been to a course in like 4 years.... I miss it.

I want to get out to the driving range as an exercise option, but I am a lazy sack of shit.