MACK?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Honestly, with the state of the Dline, was Mack really worth two 1st round picks and a 3rd? Not saying Mack isn’t good but this team wasn’t built to win now. Floyd wasn’t the guy to be opposite of Mack. The guy gets doubled team and nobody can take advantage. What’s the point of having him when everybody else is poor.

Trading 2 high valued picks for a player that doesn’t touch the ball every play like a QB.

The Dline is 1 player away (Hicks) to being average or a little below average.

The offense was the problem before and has drastically declined.

I think the NFL has learned that only an elite QB is worth that cost. (Bears fucked this up, twice)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mack recieved barely any double teams today. I thought he played like he didn't give a shit. Not expecting a sack every game but what has he done in the last 4-5 games? He has disappeared.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Literally offenses are scheming against him. Rolling protection to him, rolling away from him, designating extra blockers...

Don’t forget, Houston gave more for an OT than we have for Mack. A sure thing is expensive.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Would we be more upset if Mack was on the Packers? Because that’s the alternative. If the Bears didn’t trade for him, the Packers would have gotten him.
The Packers would be a worse team and the Bears would be a better team. We would have a first round pick next year and they wouldn’t. Why would we be upset?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would we be more upset if Mack was on the Packers? Because that’s the alternative. If the Bears didn’t trade for him, the Packers would have gotten him.
Not true. The Jets tried trading for him. The Raiders picked the Bears because they thought the Bears would be worse.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Literally offenses are scheming against him. Rolling protection to him, rolling away from him, designating extra blockers...

Don’t forget, Houston gave more for an OT than we have for Mack. A sure thing is expensive.

Exactly. You proved my point. Teams a scheming to stop him and nobody else is taking advantage. Was he worth the cost when his supporting cast is so poor?

It’s like shinning shit at a high cost.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not true. The Jets tried trading for him. The Raiders picked the Bears because they thought the Bears would be worse.

It’s was actually the 49ers. Raiders weighted who would be worse and they picked the Bears.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s was actually the 49ers. Raiders weighted who would be worse and they picked the Bears.
Jets 100% did. There was another team i didn't remember, which i guess is the Niners.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Lets not forget that fact, outside of the picks, the Bears made him the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Lots of cap space and 2 really high picks. Ouch!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Jets 100% did. There was another team i didn't remember, which i guess is the Niners.

Gruden didn’t want to trade him inside the conference.

It was up to the 49ers or Bears. They chose the Bears thinking they would get more value for their trade.

If it was for value only its obvious he would have chosen the Jets.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gruden didn’t want to trade him inside the conference.

It was up to the 49ers or Bears. They chose the Bears thinking they would get more value for their trade.

If it was for value only its obvious he would have chosen the Jets.
I’ll take your word for it. Just going by what I’ve head Hub Arkush report

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Hindsight really is 20/20. Looking back I’m sure Pace thought he was damn close on D and his thinking that he had a franchise QB (flawed thinking, but his at the time) it made sense. Realistically if you hit on Mack with your first round pick you’re ecstatic. Add in another (which Pace only fucks up anyway) and it’s not all that bad. If Hicks isn’t hurt, and the offense wasn’t, well, offensive, nobody would be questioning the trade.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You have to assume he’s going to bounce back. The defense as a whole hasn’t looked good. They haven’t looked as prepared or disciplined as last year. You have to remember, Vic knew this group inside and out. He was here for years. Pagano is getting a feel for the personnel and hicks going down hurts.

That said, they haven’t looked good. Eddie Jackson is playing like just a guy, Mack disappeared, and Roquan....not sure what happened to him. Bears are not a feared defense anymore.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Mack isn't playing particularly well, but I'd still do the trade. Players slump. Teams scheme against them. One injury impacts the whole team (Hicks), etc. This team needed difference makers. He still is one. The Bears suck at drafting in the first round anyway. Plus, last year was fun. Recency bias can be tricky. I choose to remember last year and not just react to this year. Besides, it's not like Mack is 32. He's still young enough overall. It's a shame that this year has us even questioning it, but I think you can blame the qb, coach, and o-line for that more so than Mack himself.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Honestly, with the state of the Dline, was Mack really worth two 1st round picks and a 3rd? Not saying Mack isn’t good but this team wasn’t built to win now. Floyd wasn’t the guy to be opposite of Mack. The guy gets doubled team and nobody can take advantage. What’s the point of having him when everybody else is poor.

Trading 2 high valued picks for a player that doesn’t touch the ball every play like a QB.

The Dline is 1 player away (Hicks) to being average or a little below average.

The offense was the problem before and has drastically declined.

I think the NFL has learned that only an elite QB is worth that cost. (Bears fucked this up, twice)

:what: