Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I know the video game doesn’t mean much to some people, nor should it reflect actual perception of the players in real life.
BUT.. not having purchased a copy of Madden since Cam Newton’s rookie year, is anyone else excited to try out the newest version with Justin Fields?

Where are my Madden players at? Old school or new school. What was the first copy of Madden you remember playing?
My first was Madden 2001 on my game boy color. Eddie George the Titans running back was the cover player that year.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Definitely, the most physically, & intellectually gifted QB we’ve ever drafted, & the 1st Madden on PS2. It was the Eddie George edition. Until then I was a Gameday guy..

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First copy I played was John Madden Football... (1990)

I always thought the game play sucked. I was a much bigger fan of 989 Sports NFL Gameday.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
PC gamer here. They decided not to give us the next gen version. I'll pass this year. I mostly play for franchise mode myself and that has been a running joke for years now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I buy it every year and barely play it.

Supposedly this year they made changes to the game besides Ultimate Team, which is the only thing EA gives a fuck about since it makes them microtransactions.

Also, Monty is not even a top 20 RB in madden this year.....after finishing top 5 in scrimmage yardage. SMH

msadows

Liked Posts:
PC gamer here. They decided not to give us the next gen version. I'll pass this year. I mostly play for franchise mode myself and that has been a running joke for years now.

This is the first year in like 6 or 7 where they have upgraded the franchise mode. The last few years it was legit the same franchise mode with zero changes minus roster updates. Sad.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
RIP NFL 2K

I will try the new Madden when it shows up on EA Play. My first NFL Madden was '96 on the SNES.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You weren't missing much on the "next gen" version.

Don't know how different the versions will be but ill probably end up with one for console and one for pc

msadows

Liked Posts:
You weren't missing much on the "next gen" version.

Don't know how different the versions will be but ill probably end up with one for console and one for pc

Literally the next gen version last year had somewhat improved graphics and next gen stats implemented. Can't think of a single thing added otherwise.

The next gen stats was a cool addition tho.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
This is the first year in like 6 or 7 where they have upgraded the franchise mode. The last few years it was legit the same franchise mode with zero changes minus roster updates. Sad.
Maybe I'll look into that. Franchise mode is all I do too. Will play a touch of ultimate team but since ea isn't getting any more money then the base game it gets boring fast.

Been since Madden 25 since I bought one. First I played was on SNES, Eddie George was in it I think, that's all I remember.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A head scratcher when there's an entire ESPN show dedicated to talking about Madden ratings being released. The players really care about and take great pride and exception when their #s are high/low.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Literally the next gen version last year had somewhat improved graphics and next gen stats implemented. Can't think of a single thing added otherwise.

The next gen stats was a cool addition tho.

it had a few difference i could tell with the ai

for example, all the qbs would rack up tons of yards rushing because theyd take off more often

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dey never rank da beers playas hi enuff

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Last Madden I bought was 2010, last one I enjoyed was 08. Madden es basura

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
2005 special edition was the best madden. Did a whole 30 year bears franchise.. won the super bowl 24 out of 30 seasons.
Last one I bought was whichever one was Mitch's rookie season but got bored after like 5 games

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
First Madden played was John Madden Football on the Sega Genesis in 89 or 90. Last madden played was 20. Missed most of the 2010s other than Madden 25, 19, 20. Didn't really invest much time in to those though. Only played 19,20 because it came to PC. No next gen again for PC so pass.