Madden Opinions

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Im dying to play some Football, but Im undecided. I own Madden 11 on the PS2, and quite happy with it. However, my PS2 died months ago. Madden 12 is but 20 bucks, but recall there was changes. I wont spend 60 on Madden 13, so dont bother suggesting that. What I do want to know is regarding Madden 12, was it good? Did it flat out suck? If I got Madden 12, it'd be for the 360. If not, I'll just get another PS2 and continue kicking ass in my franchise. 360 Madden 12 or PS2 Madden 11?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The last few maddens have been ... meh. In fact, I am on a "STRICT" rental only rule, until EA gets their shit together.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I almost would rather play Madden 12 than 13. $20 is a good buy IMO.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got Madden 12 for my 360 on Monday for $17. First time in years, i'm enjoying a Madden game.

Graphics in it are phenomenal & the game-play is solid.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Don't get Madden 13 if you enjoy playing Franchise mode. I traded it in solely because I hate the new "Connected Careers" mode. Definitely go with Madden 12 unless you're dying for updated rosters...Madden 13 isn't worth the $60 imo though.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do perfer to have the updated rosters, but in this case, not much of a choice. If memory serves me right, didnt they make it were players stats raise and lower throughout games or some shit like that? Can that be turned off, or was it a good addition? Must admit, I will miss my Madden 11 franchise. Drafted a QB that had kickass speed. Which reminds me, the draft/off season pretty solid? And player progression, does it still fucking jack everyone to 99 over all after like 2 seasons of kicking ass?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rent it

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I do perfer to have the updated rosters, but in this case, not much of a choice. If memory serves me right, didnt they make it were players stats raise and lower throughout games or some shit like that? Can that be turned off, or was it a good addition? Must admit, I will miss my Madden 11 franchise. Drafted a QB that had kickass speed. Which reminds me, the draft/off season pretty solid? And player progression, does it still fucking jack everyone to 99 over all after like 2 seasons of kicking ass?

Ya, the players ratings are affected by practice & the week's game. I didn't really see too much increase/decrease in ratings. Offseason they got rid of the "Import NCAA draft class" which is another negative for me. I honestly didn't get through 1 season & offseason before trading it in so I don't know how players develop over a longer period of time.

Like Crys said, rent it 1st before blowing $$.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont rent lol. To much of a hassle. I'll risk 20 bucks if I do decide on 12. Though I would hate being forced to do that practice shit. I know wtf Im doing.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Picked up Madden 12. 17 bucks, cant argue. Though the differences were very apparent from the start. The graphics obviously was improved, to finally seeing the intro's. Gameplay was similar yet quite different. No speed button was a bummer at 1st, Forte couldnt get a damn yard, till I remembered I turned it off lol. The layout is radically different, and perfer the previous layout in Franchise, and damn, time goes quicker it seems. had to go to 13 min Qtrs vs 10. But, Bears are 4-0 regardless :)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The progression in the new one isnt that bad..Cutler won MVP and all i was able to do was raise him from and 87 to 89. With the new Madden progression is based off of XP points so it takes awhile to get a guy up to a high overall. In Madden 12 I cant remember how the progression worked but I didnt have a ton of guys that were over 90 overall

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
It definitely has a more realistic feel to it overall. I tweeked those damn sliders, but still had a few close games. I do not like the fact you can adjust player ratings in franchise. To easy to 'cheat', so to scout and draft high is quite pointless.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It definitely has a more realistic feel to it overall. I tweeked those damn sliders, but still had a few close games. I do not like the fact you can adjust player ratings in franchise. To easy to 'cheat', so to scout and draft high is quite pointless.

That's all sports games. LOL

But "cheating" can be fun too. I think it was Madden 99, I cloned Brett Favre 52 times, made them all 5'3" and changed their positions to fill the Packers roster. Sure, his passing stats were good, but his receiving stats, blocking stats, kicking stats, defensive stats all sucked. When I played the Packers, the John Madden commentary was classic.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldnt be bad If I could have multiple rosters like I always did on the PS2. Original roster for Superstar, tweeked for Franchise. Always hated rookies NEVER having a shot at developing because they were under 70. But whatever.

AnDelusionalDog

Liked Posts:
I didnt play 12 but got 13 and I might as well still be playing 11.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Superstar Mode drastically sucks ass in 12. You cant scan left or right prior to the snap. Im extremely fucking sick of hearing the OC on every damn play, and its the exact same fucking thing. But damn does it seem Franchise goes quick. Guess without Training camp, which is bs, seems like theres not much to actually do. It seems like any difficultly vanished at times. But one thing that gets me is the same from previous yrs, the sim option. I sim when on D, and its sad my guys get 20 tackles a yr. :smh:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just finished my season in which Kellen Davis was the Super Bowl MVP...lol