Mahomes overrated and Trubisky will outperform him next season

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
.only if we get him some weapons. Mitch needs some reliable weapons alongside Robinson and a TE.
Mahomes the overrated balloon has the best TE in the NFL and the fastest offense to throw to. Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Hardman are all fucking speedsters that have good hands. Our boy the poor Mitch had to make something with garbage Holtz, shaheen, wims and gabriel the whole season.
If the bears add a solid WR and a tight end to the roster and also upgrade the RB position to rotate with montgomery and cohen as a three man punch squad, there is no doubt this team will make to the playoffs next season and Trubisky will hand out all the haters a nice delicious cockmeat samwich for them to eat and enjoy. Mark this post
you lost all credibility at "overrated".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you lost all credibility at "overrated".
this, truly.

Aaron Rodgers makes throws I have never seen before.
John Elway made throws I have never seen before.
Brett Favre made throws I have never seen before.
Dan Marino made throws I have never seen before.
Peyton Manning made throws I have never seen before.
Tom Brady makes throws I have never seen before.
Patrick Mahomes makes throws I have never seen before.

This is the type of company I put him in.

Aikman, Montana, Kelly were all time greats at running their team and leading. They had something else that Tom and Peyton also had.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Elway, Favre, Marino

Thats probably for my era the 5 pure golden arms.

Peyton and Brady the GOATS because they almost had those arms and had the leadership. Brady with the quick release/accuracy. Manning the pre-snap torture. Made their arms great. And they fit right in with the 3 leaders I mentioned who could run their offense to perfection.

Mahomes is fucking ridiculous.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mahomes has the potential to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. He has an elite skill set and was lucky enough to land in the perfect situation in KC.

Going into the 2017 draft, I was all about Mahomes and Watson. As a TCU supporter, I had witnessed first hand the magic arm and playmaking ability of Mahomes. Also, his play was so special that I sought opportunities to watch every Tech game possible.

With Watson, how could you not be impressed not only with his talent but his willingness do whatever it takes to win a game? His performances against Alabama in back to back title games told you everything you needed to know about Watson. I’ll admit, I was concerned about his almost reckless disregard for his own health and his medical history.

As the draft approached, I hoped the Bears would pull the trigger on Mahomes. Surely, they would see what everyone that followed the Big 12 already knew that Mahomes was the best QB in the class and had the ceiling to be a superstar player.

The Bears went another direction and selected the project with a high ceiling. Unfortunately, he came into the worst situation for development with a fan base with little to no patience. He has talent. Posters on this board that suggest he’s awful and has no hope are not being objective and fair in their evaluation of him. In 2018 with decent protection and tight end play, he showed real progress. This season with zero run game, almost no production from the TE position, one of the highest drop rates by receivers and one of the quickest time to pressure rates, he struggled. These aren’t excuses, they are facts.

For me, this is the year for Trubisky. It will be his third year in the system and I’ll take the leap that they will clean up the o line play and the TEs. This offense pivots off production out of the TE. They have not been the same since Burton went down before the Eagle playoff game.

Trubisky has to take a big leap this year in all facets of the game. The Detroit, Washington and Dallas games need to become the norm we can expect from him. If he can do that, he can have an excellent career and the Bears will be able to win with him.

Bottom line, he’s never going to be Mahomes but neither is Watson. Watson is not even close to what Mahomes is and will be.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes has the potential to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. He has an elite skill set and was lucky enough to land in the perfect situation in KC.

Going into the 2017 draft, I was all about Mahomes and Watson. As a TCU supporter, I had witnessed first hand the magic arm and playmaking ability of Mahomes. Also, his play was so special that I sought opportunities to watch every Tech game possible.

With Watson, how could you not be impressed not only with his talent but his willingness do whatever it takes to win a game? His performances against Alabama in back to back title games told you everything you needed to know about Watson. I’ll admit, I was concerned about his almost reckless disregard for his own health and his medical history.

As the draft approached, I hoped the Bears would pull the trigger on Mahomes. Surely, they would see what everyone that followed the Big 12 already knew that Mahomes was the best QB in the class and had the ceiling to be a superstar player.

The Bears went another direction and selected the project with a high ceiling. Unfortunately, he came into the worst situation for development with a fan base with little to no patience. He has talent. Posters on this board that suggest he’s awful and has no hope are not being objective and fair in their evaluation of him. In 2018 with decent protection and tight end play, he showed real progress. This season with zero run game, almost no production from the TE position, one of the highest drop rates by receivers and one of the quickest time to pressure rates, he struggled. These aren’t excuses, they are facts.

For me, this is the year for Trubisky. It will be his third year in the system and I’ll take the leap that they will clean up the o line play and the TEs. This offense pivots off production out of the TE. They have not been the same since Burton went down before the Eagle playoff game.

Trubisky has to take a big leap this year in all facets of the game. The Detroit, Washington and Dallas games need to become the norm we can expect from him. If he can do that, he can have an excellent career and the Bears will be able to win with him.

Bottom line, he’s never going to be Mahomes but neither is Watson. Watson is not even close to what Mahomes is and will be.

Thats the bottom line, is he might be the best we have ever seen although he does have Andy Reid, Tyreke Hill, Kelsey. Could be a bit like the Marino situation where his best chance at superbowl was actually 2nd, 3rd year in the league, and he didn't realize he would never have those advantages again around him and how hard it would be. Words out of Marino's mouth.

I am excited by the prospect that Mahomes might be the best, but there is room to be even better.

One day somebody will arrive that can throw like Mahomes and run like Lamar Jackson.

I'd like to see Mahomes attempt to train his biomechanics and fitness level up to run like a track athlete. I don't know what his deal is but he runs like a goober and looks like an injury concern. I expect his glory days will be short lived if he doesn't learn how to train, how to run, and take better care of himself.

Its going to be more Aaron Rodgers than the iron men of Favre, Manning, Brady

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I decided before that draft to watch some vids on all 3 QBs and I came away mesmerized by Mahomes and I couldn't believe this kid wasn't the favorite for #1 QB to be taken. You are absolutely correct in saying "magic arm" because some of the throws I was seeing were unbelievable. The power and accuracy were insane. I saw in one video him scramble out the pocket to his left, turn quickly without his feet set and flick the ball like 60 yards for absolute strike in tthe end zone. I was sold then and there. (sigh) whats could've been.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Pat Mahomes "most humbling moment for me was the AFC championship game last year vs the Patriots, we couldn't get anything going I was letting the defense down who was holding them to 10 points in the 1st half..."

WHEN HAS MITCH EVER TAKEN SIMILAR ACCOUNTABILITY AND APOLOGIZED TOWARDS THE DEFENSE??

ANSWER IS NEVER, ZILCH, NADA. ZERO, KAPUT, DO NOT PASS GO!!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In glad to see that when I step away for a week or two, the madness continues in my absence.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is not over rated and i would be surprised if Mitch cracked the top 10 of QBs. Now i do think mitch will play better and can be a top 15 QB but i think his ceiling is in the 11-15 range of QBs which i think we all would take in a heart beat

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of unfair expectations.

If Mahomes wins not only the Super Bowl, but takes MVP of the game...he would have gotten a Super Bowl Ring, Super Bowl MVP & NFL MVP in two seasons.

The only way Trubisky, or any QB, can outperform Mahomes next season is to win a Super Bowl Ring, Super Bowl MVP & NFL MVP in one year.

No pressure, Mitchell!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Perhaps we already have enough talent around Trubisky, and he is the problem.

I am not a KC fan but I have seen enough of Mahomes in Primetime to know that he is the reason they are in the SB. That same team with Trubisky does not perform the same.

Do I hope we can see a new coaching staff improve Trubisky and all the other issues, hell yes. But I still know we will only improve if Trubisky improves.

I know this thread is not sincere, but I will play your little game, Trubisky was the wrong pick, period.
While Mahomes definitely deserves a lot of credit, if he doesn't have Andy Reid he isn't nearly as successful. If Mahomes was drafted by the Browns you see a different QB. Coaching matters a lot more than many people realize.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I watched several Chiefs games this year because my 9 year old is a fan. In most circumstances Mahomes had all day to stand and throw because the teams were in nickel or dime the majority of snaps. I'm not saying he isn't amazingly talented, because he is, but it looks very easy for him much of the time because Kelce and Hill are virtually uncoverable. Combine this with a good oline and you see what makes their secret sauce. I don't know anymore what MT will become, but there is no legitimate comparison between their situations.
Mahomes is well on his way to becoming the greatest player of all time and losing Tyreek Hill didn't stop him from having a MVP year and winning the SB. How is Mitch doing as a backup on his third team?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So wait, Mahomes is good? Is that what you heathens are saying?
Not as good as Mitch if he had the same cast apparently. I mean Nagy did go back to KC and Mahomes had his best year yet...so that is no coincidence. Just think if Nagy was the QB coach of the Bears