Man the baseball gods weren't nice to kenny lofton

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So i was watching a youtube video on kenny lofton and i didn't realize how unlucky he was. He ran into the strength of the braves pitching in the world series. After he was traded to atlanta he ran into one of the worst ump performances in MLB history when Livan Hernandez ended up k'ing 15 guys. He lost the 2002 world series with SF that lost to the angels despite having barry bonds on steroids. He was part of the 2003 cubs. He was a part of the 2004 yankees who blew a 3-0 lead to boston.

Fun player to watch though. Makes me miss the days when speed was more prevalent in baseball. He created a lot of runs by making the defense do something.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speed.

Don't miss the Cardinals of the late 80s.....Smith, Coleman, McGee, Herr......fucking rabbits. I hated watching those games.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kenny Lofton made every team considerably better. Shame he doesn’t have multiple rings.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lofton is in that weird spot where he’s probably not a HOF’er, but you’d love to see him get it.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I am a big sabermetrics guy and I agree that we need to bring speed like his back to the game. I don't think having speed on the base paths is properly caught in objective measurements in baseball. I still pitch and I know when someone fast is on base I have to do a faster leg kick by switching to a leg sweep type thing to speed up delivery, and MLB pitchers have to do the same and it gets pitchers out of rhythm and less accurate.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am a big sabermetrics guy and I agree that we need to bring speed like his back to the game. I don't think having speed on the base paths is properly caught in objective measurements in baseball. I still pitch and I know when someone fast is on base I have to do a faster leg kick by switching to a leg sweep type thing to speed up delivery, and MLB pitchers have to do the same and it gets pitchers out of rhythm and less accurate.
Bruh, they don’t let you steal in co ed softball