Mandatory mini camp

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In fairness, it probably does get a little annoying to answer the same question over and over again.
They need to be creative and ask something like, "If Justin Fields is a fine wine and Andy Dalton is a cheap $5 bottle of booze, how much time do you figure that fine wine needs to age before it is served to your guests?" and a follow up question, "Do you think that the fine wine will be served at the 2021 grand opening?".

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If I had any faith that Nagy has a clue I wouldn't be happy to hear this. I think mahomes came in pretty raw and actually needed a year of developing

Mahomes came in to a situation in which the starting QB had this the year before:

Rating of 90+, 11-4record, playoff appearance, won their division

Kind of hard to sit a guy after that

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of the info from today

Robinson

-Will be in camp

-No update on a contract

-Has been in constant communication with Fields

Trevathan

-Excited about Desai

-Has talked to Goldman when he can, but Goldman is hard to get a hold of [this is weird]

RETIREMENT CONFIRMED

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've wondered how the Bears lack of good receivers affected Trubisky. He had one good receiver and Robinson had outstanding stats while MT was at QB. This seems to be a subject that is never talked about.

you must have missed the culter years when we learned that receivers do not in fact make the QB

B Marsh, Jeffries, Bennet, Forte, etc

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They need to be creative and ask something like, "If Justin Fields is a fine wine and Andy Dalton is a cheap $5 bottle of booze, how much time do you figure that fine wine needs to age before it is served to your guests?" and a follow up question, "Do you think that the fine wine will be served at the 2021 grand opening?".
Some people on here might say “The hors d'oeuvres are below average and the fine wine will need to age for another 3-4 weeks”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you must have missed the culter years when we learned that receivers do not in fact make the QB

B Marsh, Jeffries, Bennet, Forte, etc

You basically end up with Andy Dalton

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Bilal did something to his toe yesterday:

Good grief. It looks like it's the defensive line's turn to start dropping players. At first it was Eddie "Oscar" Goldman missing camp for reasons no one knows anything about and is a massive question-mark for the season, then there's 80 year-old Robert Quinn showing up with back problems, now Nichols with what could be turf-toe (I stress could be).

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I saw a mini camp video of borom pushing Jenkins in a drill and then they ran back to the LOS.

I noticed that Jenkins is severely knock kneed! Looks really girly when he runs. I’m not saying he’s going to be a bust but he looks very awkward.

borom on the other hand looks like a beast, physically. I bet he starts sooner than later. He’s going to be a beast

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I saw a mini camp video of borom pushing Jenkins in a drill and then they ran back to the LOS.

I noticed that Jenkins is severely knock kneed! Looks really girly when he runs. I’m not saying he’s going to be a bust but he looks very awkward.

borom on the other hand looks like a beast, physically. I bet he starts sooner than later. He’s going to be a beast
Lol I saw that video too. The caption was something about Jenkins. But all Jenkins was doing was holding a pad up for borom and giving some resistance.

I think borom is going to be good. I'm excited about him and hope he really gets to compete with Ifedi

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Don't worry about Jenkins. When the other team's defense starts making fun of him and his girly running, he will go full 'Water Boy' on them.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Our beat reporters aren't really doing their job this week. Will there be actual write ups about the mini camp now that it's over or were they busy asking Nagy who the qb1 is and asking fields if he had a nice time at the baseball game?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That is the lineman shuffle. Hog trot. Classic technique.

Save the legs and look like you aren’t walking in the drill.