Manning unlikely against bears

slicker sam

Liked Posts:
For those who watched the games on Sunday, they saw just how bad Peyton Manning looked. He went 5-for-20 for just 35 yards and four interceptions. Something just didn’t look right with the 39-year old and he was eventually benched in favor of backup Brock Osweiler.

A day later, it was revealed there may have been a good reason Manning struggled so much.

For those who might not know what the plantar fascia is, here is an explanation:

“THE PLANTAR FASCIA IS THE FLAT BAND OF TISSUE (LIGAMENT) THAT CONNECTS YOUR HEEL BONE TO YOUR TOES. IT SUPPORTS THE ARCH OF YOUR FOOT. IF YOU STRAIN YOUR PLANTAR FASCIA, IT GETS WEAK, SWOLLEN, AND IRRITATED (INFLAMED). THEN YOUR HEEL OR THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FOOT HURTS WHEN YOU STAND OR WALK.”

So in essence every time Manning dropped back to pass and had to move his feet in any manner, he must’ve been feeling considerable pain. Given the importance of footwork to passing the football properly, it’s little wonder he struggled so much against Kansas City.

So what does this mean?

Well the Broncos are set to play the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field in week 11. Based on initial feelings, the chances of Manning playing are remote. That means it will be Osweiler under center at kickoff. He finished 14-of-24 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in relief against the Chiefs. Considering his lack of experience and the struggles of that Broncos offensive line, it’s hard not to think the Bears have a great chance to earn their third-straight victory next Sunday.

Whats the plan? Discuss

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
For those who watched the games on Sunday, they saw just how bad Peyton Manning looked. He went 5-for-20 for just 35 yards and four interceptions. Something just didn’t look right with the 39-year old and he was eventually benched in favor of backup Brock Osweiler.

A day later, it was revealed there may have been a good reason Manning struggled so much.

For those who might not know what the plantar fascia is, here is an explanation:

“THE PLANTAR FASCIA IS THE FLAT BAND OF TISSUE (LIGAMENT) THAT CONNECTS YOUR HEEL BONE TO YOUR TOES. IT SUPPORTS THE ARCH OF YOUR FOOT. IF YOU STRAIN YOUR PLANTAR FASCIA, IT GETS WEAK, SWOLLEN, AND IRRITATED (INFLAMED). THEN YOUR HEEL OR THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FOOT HURTS WHEN YOU STAND OR WALK.”

So in essence every time Manning dropped back to pass and had to move his feet in any manner, he must’ve been feeling considerable pain. Given the importance of footwork to passing the football properly, it’s little wonder he struggled so much against Kansas City.

So what does this mean?

Well the Broncos are set to play the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field in week 11. Based on initial feelings, the chances of Manning playing are remote. That means it will be Osweiler under center at kickoff. He finished 14-of-24 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in relief against the Chiefs. Considering his lack of experience and the struggles of that Broncos offensive line, it’s hard not to think the Bears have a great chance to earn their third-straight victory next Sunday.

Whats the plan? Discuss

I've had this before, it is ridiculously painful and can last months. I over trained while running and it took forever to heal. Only rest can help it. Manning could be done for the year if that's what it is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So what does this mean?

Whats the plan? Discuss

This actually might be a bad thing. I'd rather be playing them with Peyton at QB. They have a ton of offensive weapons and that defense is great and it always seems to happen that when a QB gets his first time start they end up playing pretty well and when you have all those weapons on offense the QB doesn't need to be great.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Rather play Manning when he is injured? Healthy he would murder the Bears

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i've had this before, it is ridiculously painful and can last months. I over trained while running and it took forever to heal. Only rest can help it. Manning could be done for his career if that's what it is.
fify

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eli played through it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver has a problem if Manning can't play. I know traditionally the bears make new QBs look like Joe Montana, but this isn't one of those cases. Ostweiler will not be anything close to what Manning is or was, by a long shot.

rextc

Liked Posts:
Wasn't this the same thing that supposedly affected Julius Peppers for 2 years, but was miraculously cured when he got to Green Bay?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
You would think that Fox and Gase will really be up for this match-up regardless of who is under center. Manning or not their defense is still top notch and Talib will be back this week. It won't come easy. I'm just glad that it doesn't seem hopeless. Every game on the schedule seems winnable and even if we don't win them we should be in it til the end. It's a huge change from last season.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, yeah! In his present condition. Playing a QB that hasn't started a game isn't a bad option, either. What looked like a certain loss at the beginning of the year is looking like a very winnable game.