Marcus Mariota

Collins77

Liked Posts:
As a stop gap, I think he should be considered. He's very likely to be released with a 10 mil cap #. And even as a trade I dont see more than a 7th or 6th. With Nagys play calling he could fit right in. He played one game this year and put up some good numbers in the limited action. He could be worth kicking the tires. End the end we swap our old No 2 pick for another former #2 pick. Hes better than anyone we have and could turn out to be a solid pick up. If not, we let him go at the end of the year.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
As a stop gap, I think he should be considered. He's very likely to be released with a 10 mil cap #. And even as a trade I dont see more than a 7th or 6th. With Nagys play calling he could fit right in. He played one game this year and put up some good numbers in the limited action. He could be worth kicking the tires. End the end we swap our old No 2 pick for another former #2 pick. Hes better than anyone we have and could turn out to be a solid pick up. If not, we let him go at the end of the year.

he wasnt considered in free agency last year, what makes you think anything has changed on that stance

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man...CCS is desperate and grasping at straws.. Some of the names mentioned here make me nauseous.

Truth is, getting a stop gap QB isn't any more appealing than keeping what we have.

Any upside to a high end QB will be mitigated by having NAGY. Upgrading the team should have started with firing the entire F.O.

In short, were doomed!

msadows

Liked Posts:
True, Marcus Mediocrity would be an upgrade for the Bears. Think about that for a minute.

Nah, he really wouldn't tho.

What does he do better than mitch? They are just as bad. Same with Jimmy G.

This is like going from one toxic relationship to another and wondering what the problem is when you keep dumpster diving for future karens.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
I actually like this idea. You get a guy who has been successful in this league who is more athletic than Mitch, usually stays healthy and won't require much capital and or draft picks to get. Let's face it we are not getting Watson since we have no cap space and or enough draft capital. Even if we pick up Mariotta, still need to draft a QB as well...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G, Goff, Fitz, Mariota, Alex Smith...? Pace will and should go for one of these. None are great, but all are better than what we have, and won't cost a boatload of picks to aquire.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel like a lot of people in this thread haven't really watched much of marcus mariota outside of a half game where he put up an 83 QB rating this year.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
The truth of the matter is these are exactly the the types of QBs we will have to look at. You have to look at the cap situation. We cant afford the big time QBs. We will have to take a swing at a guy that has shown promise, but might just need a new scenery. When Mariota was with Tenn. He had no Oline, or receivers. He had a year under Gruden, and he isn't terrible. Go back and look at some of his tape. I feel there are a ton of guys on here that are 100% analytical with #s instead of actually watching the guy. Even a great QB will look like trash on a trash offense, or one that doesn't fit them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I saw that game and he has lost a step. The speed and agility that made him interesting are gone, and all you are left with is a pretty good arm.

He is a back-up only, imo.

His one TD pass was a hail mary lob up for grabs. Gruden got him through the game but it wasn't pretty.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The truth of the matter is these are exactly the the types of QBs we will have to look at. You have to look at the cap situation. We cant afford the big time QBs. We will have to take a swing at a guy that has shown promise, but might just need a new scenery. When Mariota was with Tenn. He had no Oline, or receivers. He had a year under Gruden, and he isn't terrible. Go back and look at some of his tape. I feel there are a ton of guys on here that are 100% analytical with #s instead of actually watching the guy. Even a great QB will look like trash on a trash offense, or one that doesn't fit them.

Nice, so he can come here and suck with no oline and WR's.

Makes cents.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like a lot of people in this thread haven't really watched much of marcus mariota outside of a half game where he put up an 83 QB rating this year.
I watched it but it wasn't more impressive than Trubisky. He's like a slow broken Trubisky now.
If it was that impressive the Raiders would be trying to keep him at least as a back-up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I saw that game and he has lost a step. The speed and agility that made him interesting are gone, and all you are left with is a pretty good arm.

He is a back-up only, imo.

His one TD pass was a hail mary lob up for grabs. Gruden got him through the game but it wasn't pretty.

Not sure what anyone saw in that game to make us want him. He was super mediocre. He did exactly what most backups do when they get shoved into a game because the other team didn't prepare for them.

Guy has sucked for years now. There will be no turn around.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G, Goff, Fitz, Mariota, Alex Smith...? Pace will and should go for one of these. None are great, but all are better than what we have, and won't cost a boatload of picks to aquire.
Goff and Fitz would be an intersting tandem. Or Goff and Smith.

Goff is the only "starter" money guy there. Goff is the only upgrade from Trubisky, maybe Fitz as a band-aid.