1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Some more info revealed today -

still don't see any pricing details

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Networks and Cable companies often have standoffs, and always resolve them in time.

I don't care about Comcast since I am out of Comcast's area, but I want to know details of how I can get Marquee where I am .

If more $ than MLB At bat, I'll just keep that.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope Dish Network picks this up with no issues.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Networks and Cable companies often have standoffs, and always resolve them in time.

I don't care about Comcast since I am out of Comcast's area, but I want to know details of how I can get Marquee where I am .

If more $ than MLB At bat, I'll just keep that.

Except Comcast and ACC Network.. lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They'll fall in line once Xfinity is locked in.... if not (which would be a shocker).....PM me and I'll tell you how to stream it.

VERY easy to stream any sporting event now. I'm pretty sure I know the one you use as well. It's common and very good.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The acceptance of Cub's network would obviously be better received if there was a big signing. Thanks Tom...LOL

According to Tom, we "won't be booing next season."

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
As an out-of-market fan, I'd never be able to get the Marquee Network here in Minnesota regardless of carrier. Any more than I can get the Madison Square Garden Network. Due to complex rules regarding advertising "areas of interest", you can't see one regional network's programming in another region. It's because you're not located in the same geographic area as the advertisers, so the ad impact is diluted. Makes holy hell out of the ad rate cards, so it's just not allowed.

Which bums me out, because I *still* won't see anything except the games themselves, and those few things they decide to post on YouTube, and I would enjoy seeing the feature programming. It's no different than in the past, since I couldn't get the NBC SportsNet Chicago network either. I'll just continue to do the Extra Innings package and see the games, whether or not the network has an agreement with Comcast. But I'd like to see the programming they'll be generating that will fill like 90% of their on-air time...

-Doug

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Will the Marquee Network come standard in most cable packages, or will viewers have to pay a monthly fee?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's the million dollar question.

I've been with Comcast for a long time and I kind of know how they work.....my guess would be that for next season, it will just be another station added to most packages. They'll nail you the following year with increases across the board.....how much? That depends on how popular it is.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I've been with Comcast for a long time and I kind of know how they work.....my guess would be that for next season, it will just be another station added to most packages. They'll nail you the following year with increases across the board.....how much? That depends on how popular it is.

Probably true! It seems my Comcast bill goes up a few bucks every couple of months and I never know why ha.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
For what it is worth (probably not much), I just googled it and most predictions online are between $4 and $7 per month. The Cubs have balls to ask fans to phony up that money in an offseason where Billionaire Tom Ricketts pretends to have no money and signs no one of any significance (thus far).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For what it is worth (probably not much), I just googled it and most predictions online are between $4 and $7 per month. The Cubs have balls to ask fans to phony up that money in an offseason where Billionaire Tom Ricketts pretends to have no money and signs no one of any significance (thus far).

I won't pay it. One thing that Xfinity has is great broadband. That I will keep forever. That also gives you great options in streaming. I already have a couple apps where it might pop up but if not, I know it will be steaming somewhere and I'll find it.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I won't pay it. One thing that Xfinity has is great broadband. That I will keep forever. That also gives you great options in streaming. I already have a couple apps where it might pop up but if not, I know it will be steaming somewhere and I'll find it.

You won't be alone. Cost is supposedly one of the main reasons the Dodgers's channel is available in only approximately 50% of the LA market.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:

I just recently retired after working for Comcast for more than a dozen years. I'll bet you any money that this is what is happening:

Marquee wants to charge Comcast about $4 a month per customer as a carriage fee, and wants Comcast to put the network in its Starter package, to get it to the maximum households, so they can sell their ads at the highest possible rates. Other carriers are jumping at it, because they will get new customers from the carriage agreement.

Comcast is in *no *way in need of taking a $4 hit on every bill where customers have at least the Starter package. They will not lose a statistically significant amount of total revenues if a regional sports network decides to hold its breath until it turns blue. They can wait out Marquee. Where I live, in Minnesota, they went through the same process with Fox Sports North, and it ended up that FSN lowered their price per customer in order to get themselves into the Starter package. And in Colorado, as of the time I left Comcast, there was no continuing agreement to carry the Altitude Network, which carries the Rockies. I guarantee that will get resolved by opening day, as well.

This happens all the time, it's business negotiations with hostages. Not at all unheard of.

What will likely end up happening is that the Marquee Network will be added to the Xfinity Sports and Entertainment Package, which costs $10 a month (at least in West Division) but includes other sports networks (such as the NFL Red Zone channel) as well. In other words, Comcast will put it into a side package that you have to pay extra for, but that adds more value than just the one network. And when it comes down to the 90% of people out there who want to watch the Cubs without paying an additional $130 for the streaming package pressuring Marquee into taking whatever deal gets them their Cub games, then it will get done. It's not good for the community or the Cubs to withhold the games from a large majority of the people who want to watch them. It's a great way to commit suicide as a profitable franchise, of course.

At least, that's my take on it. I worked in West Division, so I will admit I have more insight into their policies and thinking than the central division folks. But I'd bet that Marquee will be on Comcast by opening day, and that you'll have to add the Sports and Entertainment Package to get it.

-Doug