Marquee Sports Network

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
How long have the Yankees had the Yes network? 10 years or so? They are finally starting to spend more money.

Its gonna take a long time to get those funds that everyone seems to think the cubs are going to have to afford paying the luxury tax bill every year.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Like the typical LA fan really gives a shit. The ones that get the games probably don't turn on their TV till the 3rd inning and are heading out for a drink by the 7th.

Real Dodger fans care. They are only going to see the Dodgers on tv when theyre on nationally or in the postseason. That really sucks. Think if you could only watch the cubs on tv 4 to 5 times in a season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Real Dodger fans care. They are only going to see the Dodgers on tv when theyre on nationally or in the postseason. That really sucks. Think if you could only watch the cubs on tv 4 to 5 times in a season.
I think I have 275 other channels too, get condensed games on the replay shows and have the game cut to 15 minutes just dealing with Kaplan. I am guessing you can go to the MLB network, guess 12x7 gets you to 84 a year anyway.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
I think I have 275 other channels too, get condensed games on the replay shows and have the game cut to 15 minutes just dealing with Kaplan. I am guessing you can go to the MLB network, guess 12x7 gets you to 84 a year anyway.

if I remember correctly the condensed games in mlb tv are free. Anyone can create a free account and get them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I've been with Comcast for a long time and I kind of know how they work.....my guess would be that for next season, it will just be another station added to most packages. They'll nail you the following year with increases across the board.....how much? That depends on how popular it is.

Yup, as soon as the station is popular enough, they throw it into another package and up the price another 5-10 bucks. Did that shit to my pops with Red Zone. Of course, he doesn't find out until the season starts and Red Zone suddenly isn't available. He was pretty fucking pissed. Unfortunately, there's not really many other options.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be interested in hearing the numbers that Marquee is wanting and what Comcast is offering at this point.

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
I’ve been close to cutting cable for a while now. If there’s no deal by opening day I am certainly going to cancel Comcast. I’m out of the loop completely, will Hulu live TV have Marquee?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, as soon as the station is popular enough, they throw it into another package and up the price another 5-10 bucks. Did that shit to my pops with Red Zone. Of course, he doesn't find out until the season starts and Red Zone suddenly isn't available. He was pretty fucking pissed. Unfortunately, there's not really many other options.

Actually, there is. Now you will need Xfinity for their internet which is top drawer, so prepare to shell about $75 a month for that if you're going without a package. Nearly everything on TV is being streamed somewhere. You just need to know where to look for it....if I want to watch something, I will find it. It's not that hard. Comcast is losing millions of TV customers a year. The "cut the cord" movement is very real.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
woke up in the middle of the night with starz on, new spiderman movie, then it went away. Go to find out, Comcast gave up epix a few months back like a bonus, but cut Starz from the package yesterday.
Heard on facebook that Marquee is getting bulls and hawk games, so replacing comcast turned nbc sports net on direct tv. So its pretty funny that the only team that will actually have its own network is the white sox I guess. Cant see how Jerry will allow his bulls and sox to be split, but apparently, that is the bigger deal trying to happen, knock NBC out and replace it with Marquee. I thought the cubs wanted their own network.

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
cable is for chumps! I havent paid for cable in 8 years. It's all free somewhere! Don't givem your money

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
woke up in the middle of the night with starz on, new spiderman movie, then it went away. Go to find out, Comcast gave up epix a few months back like a bonus, but cut Starz from the package yesterday.
Heard on facebook that Marquee is getting bulls and hawk games, so replacing comcast turned nbc sports net on direct tv. So its pretty funny that the only team that will actually have its own network is the white sox I guess. Cant see how Jerry will allow his bulls and sox to be split, but apparently, that is the bigger deal trying to happen, knock NBC out and replace it with Marquee. I thought the cubs wanted their own network.

Don't think Bulls and Hawks are going to Marquee.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Who is excited for tomorrow!

:rolleyes:

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Who is excited for tomorrow!

:rolleyes:
If its on mlb.tv tmrw Ill be watching! For some reason mlb.tv hasn't released which games will be on. They just promised over 300 live SP games...

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
FYI, it's a taped replay, but the MLB Network will be running the Cubs-A's game tonight at 11pm CST. Hopefully the game gets played, seeing as it has already been postponed from being an afternoon to a night game, to try to wait out a line of thunderstorms forecast for the earlier part of the day down in the Phoenix area. That will impact all of the Cactus League games today, though, I would guess...

-New Doug

hwkn

Liked Posts:
How hard can it be for Comcast to get the deal done?[the problem is my only choice is Comcast since the condo complex i'm at has a deal w/Comcast so unless I move i'm stuck waiting for them to get their heads out of their keisters and do a deal]

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
How hard can it be for Comcast to get the deal done?[the problem is my only choice is Comcast since the condo complex has a deal w/Comcast so unless I move i'm stuck waiting for them to get their heads out of their keisters and do a deal]

As I've noted, Marquee was dealing from a position of strength with other providers, as adding the Cubs games will make a large difference to smaller systems' subscriber base that will automatically pay for the expense of adding it. But not true for Comcast, who are not going to get any kind of subscriber bump from adding Marquee. So, in this negotiation, Comcast is negotiating from a position of strength, and has the ability to wait out Marquee until the numbers are favorable to Comcast.

That's why there is no deal yet -- Marquee may understand this fact, but doesn't want to admit it and is insisting on trying to pressure Comcast with an influence they don't possess. So, in other words, this will get done once Marquee comes off of its current position and is willing to compromise.

-New Doug

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gosh....all this heart breaking news. Fanatical fans missing a bunch of games that don't mean shit and for the most part feature minor league players....just gut wrenching.