Marquis Williams benched

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't get what's there to like about him personally. He reminds me of a robot, he gives the same answers every time he speaks, he's not sitting there hyping teammates up on the bench just st. He probably is a nice guy but I've never met him. A lot of bears fans mention his personality and what kind of person he is like that's helping us in anyway. He doesn't have the "IT" factor, this is known already. Some moments you could tell he's just crumbling. His lack of an IT factor was mentioned in college and his inability to hype others up.

He's not overly charitable or anything. that I know of I bet if he played here during the Trestman era he wouldn't have been able to rock the boat and keep the team together.

In fact his confidence has dipped, he's not the same guy he was having fun even when he was sucking, now he just sucks and it's depressing.

I've noticed a Deer In Headlights effect with Mitch. The last time I saw it this bad was Rick Mirer.

And yeah Mitch probably didn't have the best set of skills of all the QBs in that draft. I'm not going there.

But he has been "Bear'd" to the max.

Comes into the league with Fox and Loggains as the Brain Trust. That right there should've been enough to do him in.

Then it's Be You and he gets an Encyclopedia Britannica of an offense thrown at him. The o-line goes to shit and the HC won't run the ball.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mitch's brain is cooked. It also wouldn't surprise me that if the Bears traded Mitch that he'd become a serviceable starter. Never worthy of #2 overall, but serviceable nonetheless.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article139907438.html

"Years ago, when Williams beat out Trubisky for the starting quarterback job, Fedora said simply that Williams, who was not drafted last year, had earned it. Now, after the passage of some time, Fedora acknowledged that the decision was more about about preserving team chemistry than it was anything else."

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/c...play-earlier-unc-there-was-simple-explanation

“That success we had as a team with Marquise made it hard for us to pull him out of the lineup,” Heckendorf said. “And I think if (Williams’ success in 2013) hadn’t happened, there may be a completely different conversation. It was not for a lack of talent, it was not because he wasn’t capable, but it’s hard to take a guy who had the success — not only as the team winning but individually — as Marquise had and put him on the bench for an unproven commodity.”

It wasn’t that North Carolina coaches didn’t know what they had in Trubisky, who impressed Heckendorf when he had those limited chances in 2014 and 2015.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/27/mitch-trubisky-2017-nfl-draft-unc-quarterback

By most accounts, Trubisky was the better quarterback in the fall leading up to the start of the 2015 season and would have been the starter in a vacuum. But the truth was that Trubisky had to be demonstrably better than Williams to get the job for three reasons. First, Williams had 19 starts to Trubisky’s zero. Second, Williams was one of the lone offensive bright spots from the previous year and boasted the charisma and leadership qualities the team needed. And finally, benching a fifth-year senior quarterback from Charlotte to start the year likely wouldn’t have played well back in UNC’s biggest recruiting hub.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Whatever intangibles Trubisky had from college were flushed down the toilet in ‘19 from Game 1. Nagy wouldn’t let him throw down field and he refused to use his legs. Call it scheme or call it the coach knows his QB is a bitch, idk. It’s all ruined.
If it’s not scheme, Nagy has to be in Paces ear about getting another QB to the point it’s completely annoying. Like spamming his inbox with highlights of Bridgewater or Eason.