Marquise Goodwin will have a monster year

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields has been working out with Goodwin it seems nonstop they seem to have developed a good friendship time will tell if it translates to the field.

9isml9ypdfa71.jpg

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Side note Mooney & Dalton have been together a lot.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because "Iron sharpens iron" and those kids look to be A1 ballers!!

j/k - hope he has a monster year indeed. Still 3rd behind ARob & Mooney. All dep on QB play and the Nagy factor.

It's going to be so nice to have a legit deep-ball threat for ONCE. I'll give Nagy that - he's not had a QB able to deliver. He thought so w/ Foles but statue + Leno/shit OL = no go (deep).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Goodwin needs to stay healthy. If he does, he’ll be a game changer, but I wouldn’t say a monster year. No way that guy gets 1000 yds.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What's your definition of a monster year? if you're gonna predict it, then put some numbers with it

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit, I was pretty disappointed when I watched his tape from San Francisco, but I'm completely cool if proven wrong. I'm actually pretty excited by Byrd; hoping they both make the team.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
it will be interesting to see the depth chart evolve through training camp ...is he number 4? number 5?

i think a lot of it for him will depend on what happens w/ Antmill

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ooohh I’m necro’ing if this doesn’t work out panda boy.

Who has a better year, Goodwin or Byrd ? ???

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For him to have a 'monster' year, he would have to take Millers snaps as WR3 and even then you're talking about 500 yards at most I would think. AR and Mooney will get probably be around 2100 yards conservatively, then you have Graham, Kmet, Miller, Monty and Cohen. Assuming Dalton/Fields throw for 4,000 (maybe?) - that doesn't leave many yards for guys not named AR/Mooney.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I hope he has a bounce back year and can contribute to a couple of explosive plays. It only takes a couple of big plays to force the defense to adjust. Nagy is not afraid to go deep, but the problem with Foles and Trubisky is that they need to actually complete the pass when it was open.

I'm calling it now, Fields first TD throw will be a deep pass to Mooney....I know, going out on a limb with that one ;)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think a good year for Goodwin would be between 600-800 yards and 5-8 TDs.
As the 4th WR (that's of course if A.Miller will be starting slot with ARob and Mooney) that would be a great year for Goodwin.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
As the 4th WR (that's of course if A.Miller will be starting slot with ARob and Mooney) that would be a great year for Goodwin.
Those stats are based on Goodwin getting more reps than Miller and becoming the Bears 3rd receiver. As a 4th Wr, I’d be happy with Goodwin getting 400-500 yards and 3-4 TDs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had a dollar for every major prediction that went wrong with off season workout chemistry I'd have a lot of dollars...

How many times do people have to hear this nonsense....

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think Byrd has more "success" than Goodwin....but to expect more than 400-600 from either is a bit unrealistic (barring any season ending injuries from arob/mooney)

The fact is the 3rd/4th wr is likely the 6th/7th option in the passing game.....and thats not a place to expect a ton of production