onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I sue insurance companies for a living, so it's kind of like a double negative in terms of being scum.

Your employer?

ask-gary-roz-550x450.jpg

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
My stance on Cutler is well documented, but even I don't think he doesn't care or doesn't want to win. Jay's problem since he entered the league has always been between his ears, and we all hoped as the game slowed down with experience for him, he would make better decisions, especially when the game was on the line. For whatever reason, that has not happened, and got worse this year. After 6 years here, that has become unacceptable moving forward.

I have a question about this theory of yours. in those 6 years how often has jay come into a season with the same offensive system and staff? and what was the talent around him like? I don't think its so much jay's development that's been the problem its more the bears org's total lack of building an offensive system and building the roster into it. there hasn't been any offensive consistency for far far too long

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good one, willy loman. Really showing that salesman's competitiveness. I suppose I should be grateful you haven't started masturbating about your business dinners or car collection. Insecure much?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Because they are stupid.

But they aren't alone. MANY people who have a short run of massive income go broke - traders, real estate developers, etc. They spend as if the income level will sustain. When it doesn't, left holding the tab = fucked.

I don't know if "stupid" is the right word here. But the mindset of the athlete has little concern with any sort of long-term projections. It's all about the next game, or the next practice, or the next workout. It's just a lifestyle that is completely foreign to so many of us.

If you'd given me millions of dollars when I was in my early 20s the chances of me still having seven digits to my name are slim to none. People who act like they were completely fiscally responsible at 22 are fucking delusional.

This line of yours is the problem for anyone who gets a lot of money before they're old enough to know how to deal with it:
They spend as if the income level will sustain.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
My stance on Cutler is well documented, but even I don't think he doesn't care or doesn't want to win. Jay's problem since he entered the league has always been between his ears, and we all hoped as the game slowed down with experience for him, he would make better decisions, especially when the game was on the line. For whatever reason, that has not happened, and got worse this year. After 6 years here, that has become unacceptable moving forward.

Technically he hasn't gotten worse. 2009 he was a turnover machine. He improved since but legitimately hasn't imrpoved since 2010. His turnovers stay at the almost the same rate every year. Which isn't much of an improvement over what you said. Even the year before this past if he would of played every game his turnovers would've looked the same as this years.

I don't care about a quarterback that turns the ball over, I care about a quarterback that can still lead his team back after the fact he turned the ball over. Like Brett Favre. So I do agree that Cutlers problem is between his ears as well. But to say he's regressed every year is wrong. He's neither regress nor progressed. Which is a problem in the NFL. Especially at the QB position.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
And also Hyatt, when the games on the line, Cutler actually fares pretty darn well. At break at work so don't want to look at the stats but his fourth quarter game winning drives is pretty good if I remember. Maybe someone else will look into that. So that also isn't the problem. The problem in my eyes is when the defense or when he does make a stupid turnover and the game is 10+ points out of hand he seems to give up.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Ole I am a music teacher and musician. I wish I had some sort of professional wisdom to relate to a Jay Cutler situation. All I can say is --- Jay, practice with a metronome. And don't do any drugs/if you do -- don't get caught.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
Iam a lighting designer, production manager, stage manager and tour manager.
when I was younger, I took gigs by whoever paid me the most. Once I established myself and got a good rep, then I could be choosy and only take gigs I wanted.
I will take less money to work with a band I like, as opposed to more money for some band I cant stand.
I find if I really believe in a project, I do my best work by a mile.
if I don't like the band im working for........I do just enuff to not tarnish my rep.
my point being, Passion for your job goes a long way and if you don't have any, you will probably never be great at it.
when I quit making my job just about the money and started working for the love of my craft......that's when my career really took off.