Martysaurus let's it sling on Jay and Trestman on ESPN

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
concrete-block.gif

concrete-block3.gif

ssb2.gif
You'd probably like my house. Lots of brick everywhere. Half the interior walls on the main level are exposed brick and the finished basement level has mostly block walls, including a teal block bathroom that looks like a school bathroom. Also a big stone fireplace wall in our basement living room.

I think the guy that built it was a brick mason or something.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Iam a lighting designer, production manager, stage manager and tour manager.
when I was younger, I took gigs by whoever paid me the most. Once I established myself and got a good rep, then I could be choosy and only take gigs I wanted.
I will take less money to work with a band I like, as opposed to more money for some band I cant stand.
I find if I really believe in a project, I do my best work by a mile.
if I don't like the band im working for........I do just enuff to not tarnish my rep.
my point being, Passion for your job goes a long way and if you don't have any, you will probably never be great at it.
when I quit making my job just about the money and started working for the love of my craft......that's when my career really took off.

And when you consider that most professional athletes have been playing their sport since their childhood, I have a hard time believing that the majority of them have money as the first priority. Sometimes, the first job priority is the job itself.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
when I was younger, I took gigs by whoever paid me the most. Once I established myself and got a good rep, then I could be choosy and only take gigs I wanted.
I will take less money to work with a band I like, as opposed to more money for some band I cant stand.
if I don't like the band im working for........I do just enuff to not tarnish my rep.
my point being, Passion for your job goes a long way and if you don't have any, you will probably never be great at it.
when I quit making my job just about the money and started working for the love of my craft......that's when my career really took off.

Well said. I think this applies to any line of work including Pro sports. You will see ultra-talented guys that are OK at their job like Cutler and extremely hard working guys who excel at their job like Brees.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone think Cutler doesn't care or doesn't want it bad enough? Maybe he does, but he just sucks. Isn't that a possibility?

The 'don't care' stuff is just an internet meme

Doug Plank

Liked Posts:
So ... do two wrongs make a right? :thinking:

Two comments: (1) these tend to be cases in which an insurer has failed to pay a company significant amounts of money actually owed the company by the insurer; and (2) from my experience, the insurance industry is a legitimized scam (they market themselves as a form of protection, you pay significant money for that protection, and they almost ALWAYS come up with a way to try to weasel out of paying a covered claim).

Getting back to your original question, with these facts in mind, I'd say yes.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone think Cutler doesn't care or doesn't want it bad enough? Maybe he does, but he just sucks. Isn't that a possibility?

What have you seen out of him to make you think differently?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Wait, ESPN still exists? And people watch it on purpose? You're fucking kidding me, right?

Edit: Oh, I'm a professional penis model and blogger.

Those that can do, do. Those that can't, model.

Here I am, enjoying my hobby dressing up as Super Mario

ron_jeremy_52003.jpg

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
What have you seen out of him to make you think differently?

Nobody ever accuses him of not working hard enough or slacking in practice, by all accounts he's a hard worker and a good team mate

He just sucks on game day, its not for lack of caring

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd probably like my house. Lots of brick everywhere. Half the interior walls on the main level are exposed brick and the finished basement level has mostly block walls, including a teal block bathroom that looks like a school bathroom. Also a big stone fireplace wall in our basement living room.

I think the guy that built it was a brick mason or something.

sounds pretty awesome I talk a lot of shit and bitch about it but I actually love my job. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I build something for my community or just someones house. it just feels good and makes me feel like im contributing in my own way to society as a whole.

some of the bigger stuff ive worked on around the nation are..

th

fsu's stadium

stadium.jpg

l.jpg

imagehandler.ashx

that's the clay center a big theatre here in wv im very happy to have worked on it

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Suddenly your handle makes sense lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Technically he hasn't gotten worse. 2009 he was a turnover machine. He improved since but legitimately hasn't imrpoved since 2010. His turnovers stay at the almost the same rate every year. Which isn't much of an improvement over what you said. Even the year before this past if he would of played every game his turnovers would've looked the same as this years.

I don't care about a quarterback that turns the ball over, I care about a quarterback that can still lead his team back after the fact he turned the ball over. Like Brett Favre. So I do agree that Cutlers problem is between his ears as well. But to say he's regressed every year is wrong. He's neither regress nor progressed. Which is a problem in the NFL. Especially at the QB position.

He did have one point in his professional and Bears career where he looked good. It was during the Martz OC period after Tice took Martz to a dark area and Martz came back with the new belief that the Bears would run more, there would be more emphasis on protection, Cutler wouldn't take 7 step drops.

For those few games before the injury, he played like a top 10 QB.

So it is possible that Cutler can play like a QB with heart, just difficult.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
Suddenly your handle makes sense lol

LOL yeah. I was giving that nickname about 15 years ago. I was programming some strobes for some metal band and one of the sound guys cursed me and told me to "take it easy, Strobiwan" . been my nickname ever since.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
He did have one point in his professional and Bears career where he looked good. It was during the Martz OC period after Tice took Martz to a dark area and Martz came back with the new belief that the Bears would run more, there would be more emphasis on protection, Cutler wouldn't take 7 step drops.

For those few games before the injury, he played like a top 10 QB.

So it is possible that Cutler can play like a QB with heart, just difficult.

Agreed, I'm excited to see if Gase has done any research on the Martz days. If he tries to implement that run first, which we all know Fox does but Gase doesn't, and gets over his pass happy play calling he had with Manning and tone it to a Forte/Carey workload next year I believe we might just see that Cutler again.

I mean, we obviously found out Cutler can't carry a team on his shoulders.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Did you not watch Tebow.... you can be a fucking Fullback and win at QB if you want it bad enough (might also need a little Jesus help)