Massive Cap Space--What to do with it?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Twenty seven million this year and somewhere around 115 million next year. How should it be spent?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
He probably buys 2 D linemen, re-signs Roquan, and drafts another WR in round three to really add some juice to the offense.

naw hes gonna find a #1 wr with that 4th round pick, my guy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He probably buys 2 D linemen, re-signs Roquan, and drafts another WR in round three to really add some juice to the offense.
Gonna franchise Roquan.

He played it this way and he can hold out if he wants.

The bears for their part will want more time to replace him, probably draft a third or fourth round speed backer this year and franchise him.

Roquan’s responsibility is to do the best thing for himself, it’s not the Bears fault he doesn’t know what that is.

I’m sure he will get a fair and reasonable offer and laugh at it.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re-sign Roquan and almost whatever Poles wants, they’ve got the money. They also have a full load of draft picks. Let’s hope he doesn’t screw it up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re-sign Roquan and almost whatever Poles wants, they’ve got the money. They also have a full load of draft picks. Let’s hope he doesn’t screw it up.
Part of Eberflus job as coach and Poles as GM is rewarding good to great performers. Some of the players on the current Bear's team deserve to be rewarded if their performance continues as it is. Smith is obviously one of the prime guys to be rewarded with a deserved contract. I hope that they don't franchise him just because they can. Not with the money in cap space that they have. He didn't sit out camp. He has never dogged it out there since he was drafted and has been a good soldier so to speak. If he demands something that is unreasonable then that is a different thing but rewarding a mainstay of a team sends a good message to everyone else as far as I am concerned.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Fill a few big holes in FA.
C-Ethan Pocic
DT-D. Payne
RT-Conklin

Reward guys who deserve it with extensions-Jaylon Johnson, Mooney, Roquan…as long as the demands aren’t crazy above market value.

Better do what Pace didn’t do consistently -hit on the early draft picks.

FA is awful for WRs, so try to trade for someone like Higgins or Jeudy. Draft one early.

One can dream.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
OL
WR
3T DT

Extend Mooney and Roquan.

Fill holes with depth, call it a day.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator